Bed Configuration Question

babsee101

So I have to wait until boarding and tell the steward to change it if it is not in the right configuration? That seems like a waste of time for the poor steward.

If you appear as a married couple in your paperwork the bed will be a double, unless you get a steward like the one we had. She did them singly "That is the way I do them for couples your age"!!!!

Otherwise they will be separate.

They are used to remaking them and it won't be a worry.

Mike

If you appear as a married couple in your paperwork the bed will be a double, unless you get a steward like the one we had. She did them singly "That is the way I do them for couples your age"!!!!

Otherwise they will be separate.

They are used to remaking them and it won't be a worry.

Mike

Too funny! He or she will likely make them separate for us for the same reason. lol

Thanks for the info!

I usually get asked when booking and it is usually stated on our confirmation.

Not that it makes much difference whether you have previously confirmed it, as my brother and I found on the one nighter on the Escape when we went to our room and found the steward making up a double bed for us. :)

I am an at home TA, and yes you can request bed set up preferences beforehand. You can request them to be pushed together, you can request extra pillows, bed rails, etc. Call your TA or just call Norwegian and have them note it on your reservation.:)

So I have to wait until boarding and tell the steward to change it if it is not in the right configuration? That seems like a waste of time for the poor steward.

You can leave a note for the steward and they will change it during your first evening service. I have found that the steward usually introduces him/herself pretty early on and wants to know this stuff.

When the DW and I cruised for our honeymoon, on the Norwegian Sun, we came into the stateroom and had the beds were separated. We looked at each other and went did someone not get the memo that we are on our honeymoon? A simple word to our steward got the problem fixed right away. Ever since then, the beds have been together every time without requesting. We figured the different last names on the honeymoon caused the mix-up.

• 1 month later...

I figured I'd resurrect this thread rather than starting a new one. ;)

This is only our second NCL cruise and the first was a few years ago so my memory isn't that fresh.

We booked a Breakaway OV way down on deck 5. We got a great deal from our TA plus all the extras from NCL.

According to the picture on the NCL website it appears that there is one nightstand between two twin beds with the window directly above the nightstand.

We would prefer a queen size configuration but was wondering if this is an option in this class of cabin.

I know we can request the steward to reconfigure the beds when we board, however, is he/she likely to tell us it can't be done?

Thanks,