wrinkle resistant fabrics for formal wear

Can you please suggest what fabrics I might look for that are wrinkle resistant for formal wear? My last dress was very wrinkled, even after it came back from being pressed at the laundry. I think it might be chiffon? I don't want to make that mistake again.

Thanks for your help!

Get a long skirt or pair of cocktail pants in a polyester jersey knit. Typically you can wad them up in a ball and they won't wrinkle. This type of garment usually has a nice drape to it and works well for formal nights, especially if you get it in solid black or find something with a shimmer in it.

Few of my gowns get "wrinkled"...things with some sparkle or beading or sequins generally do NOT wrinkle...sort of a jersey material...slightly stretchy...you can ball them up, and they look fine! Don't think "ball gown"...think "evening gown"....both are formal!

Cocktail dresses work fine, too...and are easier to pack than a long dress!

I fold my formal type clothing & linen clothes in between dry cleaning bags, one fold on the top of the suitcase. Never had a wrinkle that didn't fall out when hung. I bring silk shantung pants & chiffon or beaded jackets

I use the dry cleaning bags as well. For my gowns I place the gown at the bottom of the suitcase and drape the top and bottom over the sides. I then fill up the suitcase with my other clothes and fold the rest of the gown on top of that. I don't have any issues with wrinkles this way.

Lisa

I have a silk knit long black skirt (floor length) for formal evenings and silk knit black pants for other evenings. Neither one wrinkle much and what few wrinkles there are fall right out after hanging up.

For tops I usually bring a couple of silk knit shells in black, then a variety of shirts/jackets/cardigans to serve as the third piece to dress up or down. These might be anything from a floaty chiffon or lightweight crepe to a lightweight silk or merino wool knit, depending on the time of year and location of cruise.

Eileen Fisher makes excellent silk knit pieces if anyone is wondering where to get something like that.

I'm not a "ball gown" type of cruiser. This low-key approach works for me and I am perfectly within guidelines for formal evenings.

Thank you all for your kind suggestions. I didn't know there was a difference between evening wear and formal wear. I will look at getting or making some fancy pants. I have a pattern to make what I think they are calling palazzo pants. We will have 4 formal nights between the two cruises. I don't like to wear the same thing either time, since I like to get pictures. That's just me though :o