Reflection - Molecular Bar

spammie

Can I clarify something please? These expensive, more unusual cocktails are something we enjoy. As they are more expensive than the individual drink limit on the Premium drinks package, do we just pay the difference between the limit allowed and the actual cost, or do we pay the whole price?

These pictures are from the eclipse sailing out of Southampton so tips included in the price... The 7 X $15 ones are included fully in the premium & the 3 X $18 you just pay the difference.. [emoji4]

Mr. T., too bad your excellent photos cannot be edited. The price questions come up every time.

Has anyone had the Kettle One drink? I missed that one on the menu in January. It looks like it might have some kind of cooling feature like the old ones. I know the rum one is smoke infused as I enjoyed one of those.

Dmp223, great pictures and info. Thanks. It is a lot bigger than the World Class Bar on the Eclipse.

I cannot get all my ship straights. Is it the Reflection that has a bar near the Celebrity Central instead of Quasar?

Mr. T., too bad your excellent photos cannot be edited. The price questions come up every time.

Has anyone had the Kettle One drink? I missed that one on the menu in January. It looks like it might have some kind of cooling feature like the old ones. I know the rum one is smoke infused as I enjoyed one of those.

Dmp223, great pictures and info. Thanks. It is a lot bigger than the World Class Bar on the Eclipse.

I cannot get all my ship straights. Is it the Reflection that has a bar near the Celebrity Central instead of Quasar?

Yes that's right about the bar at central... Also the bigger world class bar on the reflection has always been that size... It's the same as when it was the molecular bar, just different set up & colours etc! [emoji4]

jagoffee: Unfortunately I cannot take credit for the pictures :) they were taken by Chairul who is one of the mixologists from Molecular/WCB, he sent them to me the morning after the change-over :)

I'll be sure to let him know you liked them when I see him later this week.

I was a big fan of Molecular Bar, so I am very interested to see how I feel about World Class Bar. From the drinks I've seen, not sure if there will be many I will like (I always had a hard time choosing at Molecular, I like so many drinks on the menu). I'm not a whiskey/bourbon/gin drinker... so we'll see! :)

We just got of the Reflection Feb 6-13, 2016 sailing and the World Bar had the menu that Mr. T posted. However, the bartenders would not make all of the drinks that were on it. Many times when a guest would order one of the special drinks, the bartender would say, "Oh, we don't have the dry ice/smoke/decanter/etc. I can't make that one."

One of the bartenders was excellent and did his best to accommodate, but there was another one in particular who was extremely surly and refused to make anything that wasn't on that menu (and, as I said above, he couldn't make half of those either). It was frustrating.

Just off Reflection as well and very disappointed with the World Class Bar. Perhaps it's so new they're still working the kinks out. But it didn't feel that way. Drinks are fairly unimaginative, and the previous poster is correct: Several of the drinks weren't available (no liquid nitrogen, no egg white, Bulleitt Infusion takes a half hour to make, etc...)

However, to clarify. With the exception of the Bulleitt Infusion, all drinks are $13 and covered by the premium package. The Infusion makes two drinks for $15 and they only charge the extra $2. But first they have to be willing to make it!

Just off Reflection as well and very disappointed with the World Class Bar. Perhaps it's so new they're still working the kinks out. But it didn't feel that way. Drinks are fairly unimaginative, and the previous poster is correct: Several of the drinks weren't available (no liquid nitrogen, no egg white, Bulleitt Infusion takes a half hour to make, etc...)

However, to clarify. With the exception of the Bulleitt Infusion, all drinks are $13 and covered by the premium package. The Infusion makes two drinks for $15 and they only charge the extra $2. But first they have to be willing to make it!

The Zacapa Above the Clouds was $18 and required an up-charge with the premium package. My husband got one of the bartenders to make it for him, but the bartender did NOT want to do it. When DH was told that they didn't have the "correct" decanter for it, my husband said, "Well, what can you use instead?" The bartender eventually agreed to make it, but seemed very annoyed.

We just got of the Reflection Feb 6-13, 2016 sailing and the World Bar had the menu that Mr. T posted. However, the bartenders would not make all of the drinks that were on it. Many times when a guest would order one of the special drinks, the bartender would say, "Oh, we don't have the dry ice/smoke/decanter/etc. I can't make that one."

One of the bartenders was excellent and did his best to accommodate, but there was another one in particular who was extremely surly and refused to make anything that wasn't on that menu (and, as I said above, he couldn't make half of those either). It was frustrating.

We had the rudest bar tender on the Reflection's Molecular Bar. I asked him to make a virgin drink (with the premium alcoholic package) and he told me "I don't do virgins". Got my drink at Michaels Club, but still, he was a jerk. Last year on the Equinox, Ivan took really good care of us, and at the end of the cruise we took care if him $$$$.

Going back to the Reflection this summer, hope the guy that doesn't do virgins is somewhere else.

Why is it on the menu and they will not make it?

My feeling about that space was it is unnatural. Neither here nor there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk