What time will Breakaway go under the Verrazano?

JerseyMouseCruises

Are you going to Staten Island or Brooklyn to watch from shore?

Where specifically would be a prime spot to observe (photo/video) this ?

If you arrive on BA in the am and are still lingering around chance to see her

off on the next sailing sequence.

Obviously you would not be able to stop in the traffic lanes on the Verrazano Bridge.

The Statue of Liberty would be one but you would only see the stern of the

ship passing under the bridge and out to sea - telephoto lens - zoom out video !

On the belt parkway there is a little area to pull off to the side of the road. It's an area with like 50 parking spots. It gives you access to the walkway lanes that look out to the water. There are benches to sit on and watch the ships pass by. You could pretty much walk under the Verrazano if you want to. I used to ride my bike there as a kid.

Both suggestions are excellent for watching the ship sail under the bridge (I also used to ride my bike along the shore walkway when I lived in Brooklyn).

I attended Wagner College on Staten Island. My dorm room in Harborview Hall faced out to the harbor and I had a panoramic view of the harbor from NJ, up the Hudson and the Verrazano Bridge. You could probably still park on one of the streets on Grimes Hill and see the entire harbor.

BA was late returning to port & just arrived, docking at the pier now and once cleared, pax would begin the (very late) Express Walkoff with luggage - surely, some folks are going to missed their transportation & flights booked for/before 12:30 or 1 PM ... not good, due to weather.

Anyway, she's not likely to sail or leave until 6 PM or 7 PM (even later, today only) so would be going under the VZB about 45 minutes to 1 hour, depending on your "spot". Check the NCL Roll Call or the main subforum for updates by those onboard.

On the Brooklyn side, Shore Road is above the Belt Parkway on a small hill, running along Bay Ridge - from exit 2 to exit 3, for about a mile plus - there's lots of free on-street parking, and you can walk along/into the park to find your best spot near the VZB to watch the sailaway higher up. Driving east on the Belt Parkway, just before the Exit for 4th Avenue, there's 2 small parking area off to the right, before reaching the VZB's pillars but they are typically full - the promenade has benches to sit & watch.

From Bay Ridge Avenue & Shore Road, off the Belt Parkway - walk toward the waters to the American Veterans Memorial (9/11, also) Pier where locals do fishing and it's a good spot to watch ships - zoom in on Google Maps & you will see all these landmarks I referenced.

Bundle up this evening & make sure you are fully prepared for the extreme elements :D

Given that your name is Jersey Shore, I'm assuming you're located in that area. Some great spots locally are Atlantic Highlands, the beach in Sea Bright or Sandy Hook, or the pier at the Spy House in Middletown. I've had friends out for drinks at On the Deck in Atlantic Highlands and have taken pics of the ship sailing by