Holiday Inn POM deceptive reservations

mikeqm

I checked Holiday Inn Port of Miami for a room pre cruise for 4/8/2016. It says there are no rooms available, all sold out. I emailed them to confirm this, and they said yes, there is no availability.

But, if I try to reserve 4/7 and 4/8, rooms are available. How can this be? There was nothing about a 2 night minimum.

Not sure why but I know that often this Hotel requires a two night minimum and the times I've checked their site for others (we stay someone else but I've helped friends) when a two night minimum is required it is listed on the site. So either it was there and you didn't see it or it was a mistake. Remember hotels want to sell rooms so it is not to their advantage to not list two night minimum and instead show no rooms available.

Keith

I checked Holiday Inn Port of Miami for a room pre cruise for 4/8/2016. It says there are no rooms available, all sold out. I emailed them to confirm this, and they said yes, there is no availability.

But, if I try to reserve 4/7 and 4/8, rooms are available. How can this be? There was nothing about a 2 night minimum.

So book two nights and cancel the one you don't need.

There are much better hotels downtown Miami.

We ran into that once in Chicago. But we waited till a little closer to the date and behold, we could book.

That hotel is overpriced in my opinion. The hotel uses its location as a selling point to cruisers. I think every new cruiser to Miami has stayed there. ;) I know we did the first time we used POM years ago. Not any more. Too many other opportunities.

Edited by eandj

There are much better hotels downtown Miami.

That hotel is overpriced in my opinion. The hotel uses its location as a selling point to cruisers. I think every new cruiser to Miami has stayed there. ;) I know we did the first time we used POM years ago. Not any more. Too many other opportunities.

Agree with both of you, Although there are sometimes glowing reports here of good experiences at HI POM, they are few and far between, and we would never stay there again. Ugh.

I wouldn't call it an "ugh" hotel. More like a "meh". It just struck me as kind of dark and dingy. But I think I have read things have been perked up. I just think there are better places to choose from in the same budget.

Edited by eandj

Many hotels do that to control the amount of check outs. Check out Marriott for 3/4 in Fort Lauderdale for 1 night for instance. The Renaissance isn't available. Now check for 2 nights and it is. Sometimes when it gets closer to the date, they will release the rooms and make them available for 1 night.

Some chains, like Disney and Marriott are great about taking away one night when you modify over the phone. Some chains like Hilton are not great about doing it and will make you call the hotel directly and then it's up to them. Embassy suites in particular doesn't like doing this, especially near ports.