After booking, changing a passenger?

justafem

We are looking at booking the April 2017 Hawaiian to take advantage of the twice as nice promotion.

We will be booking a window suite, for my husband, my oldest grown daughter (34) and myself. There is a possibility that my husband will not be able to get the time off from work and if so, with enough advance notice, can we change his reservation to my youngest grown daughter (31)?

I really want to secure one of these rooms during the promotion, but there's a serious potential of him not being able to go.

I believe the change fee is $50. One of the original passenger must remain in the cabin. That does not appear to be a problem for you. I think the substitution must be done before final payment which is usually 75 days before sailing

Don't specifically know Princess policy, but would thing most all are the same. On others, you can change one name before final payment with no fee. After final some charge a fee and some don't. Some allow name changes as little as 24 hrs before sailing

No problem changing passengers before final payment and no fee. After final payment, a fee of $50.

I'm booked on the Royal next year. I'm solo (not Han Solo). A friend is thinking of joining me. If this is done before final payment will I be able to keep my current rate and promotion? I realize adding a person will increase the total fare by a little, but will fare be calculated at the current rate or at the booking rate? The promotion I have is the twice as nice promotion. I forget if I have $300 OBC or $400 OBC.

I'm booked on the Royal next year. I'm solo (not Han Solo). A friend is thinking of joining me. If this is done before final payment will I be able to keep my current rate and promotion? I realize adding a person will increase the total fare by a little, but will fare be calculated at the current rate or at the booking rate? The promotion I have is the twice as nice promotion. I forget if I have $300 OBC or $400 OBC.

No fare will be calculated for the added person, because you have already paid for 2 (or been fared for 2, if before final payment). Just taxes and fees. It would be different if you received a fare less than 200% for the solo. But don't wait too long. Ships can fill up. Or, although there may be cabins empty/available, if the lifeboat station for you cabin is at capacity, due to many cabins filled with 3/4 passengers, you might not be able to add a second person to your cabin, even though there is bed space. EM

No fare will be calculated for the added person, because you have already paid for 2 (or been fared for 2, if before final payment). Just taxes and fees. It would be different if you received a fare less than 200% for the solo. But don't wait too long. Ships can fill up. Or, although there may be cabins empty/available, if the lifeboat station for you cabin is at capacity, due to many cabins filled with 3/4 passengers, you might not be able to add a second person to your cabin, even though there is bed space. EM

Thank you, but the capacity problem is his problem, not mine. I just don't want to find out that adding him increases the fare by $200 ($100 of which would be mine) and that I lose out on the OBC that I currently have.

We are looking at booking the April 2017 Hawaiian to take advantage of the twice as nice promotion.

We will be booking a window suite, for my husband, my oldest grown daughter (34) and myself. There is a possibility that my husband will not be able to get the time off from work and if so, with enough advance notice, can we change his reservation to my youngest grown daughter (31)?

I really want to secure one of these rooms during the promotion, but there's a serious potential of him not being able to go.

I recommend you book yourself and your daughter as the first two passengers and you husband as the third passenger. This could affect who has some of the promotions. It may be easier to change - or even cancel - the third passenger than one of the first two.

Thank you, but the capacity problem is his problem, not mine. I just don't want to find out that adding him increases the fare by $200 ($100 of which would be mine) and that I lose out on the OBC that I currently have.
I honestly don't know the answer and would definitely check with your TA. I know that there's the second port fees that he would pay. I believe if you add a 2nd person you split OBC and promotions. For instance, if you've received $100 in promotional OBC, I think you each then get $50. But again, double check with your TA.

I honestly don't know the answer and would definitely check with your TA. I know that there's the second port fees that he would pay. I believe if you add a 2nd person you split OBC and promotions. For instance, if you've received $100 in promotional OBC, I think you each then get $50. But again, double check with your TA.

Princess can confirm which promo perks will be affected if you make changes.

Thank you. I was just curious. I still have a year to go and two more cruises before then. I guess this will be one of those, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it, deals. I don't mind splitting the OBC if my friend is paying half. Even if the price goes up, it will still end up being less for me :), since I am currently paying for two :(.

I recommend you book yourself and your daughter as the first two passengers and you husband as the third passenger. This could affect who has some of the promotions. It may be easier to change - or even cancel - the third passenger than one of the first two.

Good advice, when I inquired about this with 2 pax I was told we would lose the promo if I replaced my DH with someone else and I could not book with TBA but again mine was 2 pax. I would speak to a Vacation planner at Princess.

Edited by land lover

Last year my friend's DH could not go with her 3 days before their 3 nighter was set to sail. She called me, thinking that I was probably the only person she knew that might drop everything and go with her! They had a $299 deal (+$100 OBC) she knew she'd never replace! She twisted my arm.... :p and I started packing! It was a $50 change fee. We had such fun together, we joke about leaving the DHs at home! All they both want to do is take naps! She and I never sat still! :D

Last year my friend's DH could not go with her 3 days before their 3 nighter was set to sail. She called me, thinking that I was probably the only person she knew that might drop everything and go with her! They had a $299 deal (+$100 OBC) she knew she'd never replace! She twisted my arm.... :p and I started packing! It was a $50 change fee. We had such fun together, we joke about leaving the DHs at home! All they both want to do is take naps! She and I never sat still! :D

You must have been very tired by the time you got home. :D