Alaska ?

shorti503

I dont know what cruise you are looking at but we sailed Alaska on the Serenade O.S. out of Vancouver and were on port side.

I dont think you will go wrong on either side on an Alaska cruise especially if you are doing the inside passage.

When we were on our Alaska cruise, even though we had a baclony, we spent more time up on deck. Better views.

Except when I want to quickly run out and check the views when I get up in the morning

with my robe on. I only scare the fish that way. :p :p

When we were on our Alaska cruise, even though we had a baclony, we spent more time up on deck. Better views.

Everyone is different. We spent hours on our deck, and never was up on the top of the ship to see stuff.

Had a nice and long breakfast the morning we visited the glaciers. So much more convenient to be right next to our cabin for that day.

When did you go? On mine (early May), it was pretty cold and windy for much of it... Of course, I'm from the southern U.S., which means I wear a parka for anything less than 80 degrees right? :p

What happens on the top deck stays on the top deck. I've seen guys in speedos in the pool during the Alaska cruise, to a priest in the hot tub full of blondes on Carnival Fantasy!

Except when I want to quickly run out and check the views when I get up in the morning

with my robe on. I only scare the fish that way. :p :p

When did you go? On mine (early May), it was pretty cold and windy for much of it... Of course, I'm from the southern U.S., which means I wear a parka for anything less than 80 degrees right? :p

Weather for an Alaskan cruise is pretty erratic. Our first two times we went early in the season, it was either March or April. The weather was beautiful, no rain and wore shorts most of the time, and we are from Arizona. The last time we went was about 3-4 years ago, in the middle of August. It rained almost every day with highs in the low 50s.

Thank you for the replies. I am anxiously waiting for the release of the cruises next week! Hopefully I can get a corner aft balcony. With the corner aft is it better to be at the front of the ship or the back?

Corner aft is better for visibility.

Thank you for the replies. I am anxiously waiting for the release of the cruises next week! Hopefully I can get a corner aft balcony. With the corner aft is it better to be at the front of the ship or the back?

Aft actually means "back of the ship". So naturally all aft cabins are directly in the back of the ship. Some do a sort of "wrap" which are corner cabins. They have bigger balconies, and can peek around the corner (as in the Radiance class series). The higher up you are, the bigger the balcony.