Walking around with drinks?

Maddysdaddy

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do drinks ordered in a "bar" need to be consumed in that venue, or are passengers at liberty to walk around the ship with them? We're in an M6 on Deck 8, and would love to be able to drink mojitos on our balcony (or coffee & Bailey's in the morning).

Second question - do both my wife and I need to be present to obtain drinks with our UBP, or can I take both her and my cards(? - I assume that is how NCL does it) to the bar to get two drinks?

Thanks.

Yes you can walk wherever and whenever with your beverages. We were a group of 3 with the UBP and one of us would walk over with the 3 cards and get the drinks and it was never a problem on The Gem in June 2015. Policies may differ since then, but we never had an issue. :) Enjoy your drinks on your balcony!

Get as many drinks as cards. After awhile they will know you, and you only need one card, or if both in same cabin, they look up the cabin number. Walk and take your drinks anywhere!! I was very rarely without a glass in my hand.

Safe sailing

The only thing that shouldn't be done, probably not enforced though, is to take real glasses from inside bars up to the pool deck because of the health and safety issues with broken glass around the pool.

I know you shouldn't but have never seen any notices to that effect.

Forgive me if this is a stupid question, but do drinks ordered in a "bar" need to be consumed in that venue, or are passengers at liberty to walk around the ship with them? We're in an M6 on Deck 8, and would love to be able to drink mojitos on our balcony (or coffee & Bailey's in the morning).

Second question - do both my wife and I need to be present to obtain drinks with our UBP, or can I take both her and my cards(? - I assume that is how NCL does it) to the bar to get two drinks?

Thanks.

The beauty of the M6 is that if you have a port side cabin, after you enter "your hall", you pass the side entry into the District Brew house, and also into Food Republic. So convenient to duck in there on the way to and from.:p

The beauty of the M6 is that if you have a port side cabin, after you enter "your hall", you pass the side entry into the District Brew house, and also into Food Republic. So convenient to duck in there on the way to and from.:p

Nope - starboard. Hopefully the extra steps will burn off the excess calories from the alcohol.

Thanks all.

My only previous cruising experience was on Disney, where alcohol was much less "in your face" than what it appears to be on NCL (at least how people on CC seem to describe it). On those sailings, I couldn't recall more than a handful of instances where I saw individuals with drinks outside of a lounge or next to their deck chair. Good to know that bringing/having a few drinks on our balcony won't be a problem.

Thanks all.

My only previous cruising experience was on Disney, where alcohol was much less "in your face" than what it appears to be on NCL (at least how people on CC seem to describe it). On those sailings, I couldn't recall more than a handful of instances where I saw individuals with drinks outside of a lounge or next to their deck chair. Good to know that bringing/having a few drinks on our balcony won't be a problem.

Guess they were thing "Not in front of the children". :D

I know you shouldn't but have never seen any notices to that effect.

I bit my tongue, as the much more experienced cruiser, yet also called "the bossy one", my sister carried her wine in a glass on the pool deck, slipped in water, and went down. The glass shattered in her hand. We thought she might need stitches but my mom taught me her butterfly bandage technique., which worked. Still, it was painful for her all week.

Good question, do NOT get caught walking around without a drink.

Exactly. I think it's a requirement to have a drink in hand at all times. :D

Definitely have a drink in hand when entering a dining room. That's why most (if not all?) ships have bars right at the entrances. Grab a drink before you head in so you don't have to wait for your server to bring one.

Thanks.

this is a response to your second question: you can get your wife a drink as long as you have your card on you and anything that has a picture of Abraham Lincoln on it and hand it to the bar tender. works every time

I will walk around with anything that doesn't look easy to spill or that looks like it's not in a glass specific to that venue (very rare). But we do NOT take back to our cabin just because we have 2 kids. We don't want them getting into it.