the PREMIERE VOYAGE

TylerRose

We are very excited to sail on the ms Koningsdam's PREMIERE VOYAGE on April 8th from Rome. It will be our first chance to sail on a new ship. Alas, aside from a date change & voyage name changes- HAL has shared little info about our voyage beyond its itinerary.

Most of the "fanfare" is being reserved for the CHRISTENING CRUISE.

They advertise Christening celebrations, a "Taste of the Mediterranean" event, Frozen Planet: The Concert, a Gala dinner & Royal Koningsdam Ball.

I am soooo excited & have been since the announcement of the ms Koningsdam.

Alas, I am also more than a bit jealous of those on her May Christening voyage who are "invited to the celebrations.".

So, perhaps I am way too late to the party to ask, BUT:

What is a PREMIERE VOYAGE like?

We are very excited to sail on the ms Koningsdam's PREMIERE VOYAGE on April 8th from Rome. It will be our first chance to sail on a new ship. Alas, aside from a date change & voyage name changes- HAL has shared little info about our voyage beyond its itinerary.

Most of the "fanfare" is being reserved for the CHRISTENING CRUISE.

They advertise Christening celebrations, a "Taste of the Mediterranean" event, Frozen Planet: The Concert, a Gala dinner & Royal Koningsdam Ball.

I am soooo excited & have been since the announcement of the ms Koningsdam.

Alas, I am also more than a bit jealous of those on her May Christening voyage who are "invited to the celebrations.".

So, perhaps I am way too late to the party to ask, BUT:

What is a PREMIERE VOYAGE like?

I am looking forward to your review of this Premiere voyage.

Are you going to do a "Live" report?

I am looking forward to your review of this Premiere voyage.

Are you going to do a "Live" report?

Honestly, I had not given any thought to a live review. Not sure my perspective would be all that exciting. Others will I am sure...

If not- I would be honored to share the experience with anyone I suppose who actually chose to read it.

We were on the Inaugural for the Noordam. There was a party as I remember and we were given a commemorative plate and a book on the Noordam. Capt. Stephen Card, a Bermudian artist who has painted many paintings of HAL ships, was interviewed in the chapter, The Art Tour. There certainly was an air of experiencing something special on that cruise.

No need to be jealous of those on the Christening cruise. After all--we will have been there first!

Now, where are my docs? They were supposed to be ready to download yesterday!! ;)

Today is Doc Dance Day :D I got my email this morning saying our Documents were ready!!

So today is a First of many that the first Cruise Docs for the Koningsdam are now availaable :)

TylerRose, I understand your dissappointment that ir really appears that this cruise will have nothings special for it since it is not the Christening Cruise but as visagrunt said, it will be special because we were the very first revenue/paying passengers on board the ship. Since there will only be about 500 on the 4 nights prior to us you may even possible be the very first person to sleep in your cabin ;) Having lots of festivities with lots of things going on takes away from really getting a chance to enjoy the ship. Plus all the Officers are too worried about other things to focus on the details of making sure things are running as they should.

I have a feeling this will be an exhausting cruise between excursions booked in every port and wanting to stay up late every night to see the various entertainment. It will be quite hard to get in all the things I want to see and do on the ship. Just last night my husband Tom said, this will feel like our very first cruise because everything will be so very different to us being a first for many things:)

Honestly, I had not given any thought to a live review. Not sure my perspective would be all that exciting. Others will I am sure...

If not- I would be honored to share the experience with anyone I suppose who actually chose to read it.

Would LOVE to hear of your experience and your views on this cruise! Your writing style would make for a great blog!

We were on the Inaugural for the Noordam. There was a party as I remember and we were given a commemorative plate and a book on the Noordam. Capt. Stephen Card, a Bermudian artist who has painted many paintings of HAL ships, was interviewed in the chapter, The Art Tour. There certainly was an air of experiencing something special on that cruise.

My late DH and I were privileged to be present for Noordam's Christening and Inaugural Events and it was all very exciting. We got to overnight on the ship the day/night before the Christening. We also were present in Boston where she called for Mariner/TA Introduction dinner/evening/visits.

Anyone who is willing to post 'live from' thread would be greatly appreciated. I'd love for as many as wish to post from Koningsdam and tell us about their experience aboard.

I am sure other cc members will post live updates... but add me to the list. (consider yourselves warned however- I can be overly wordy & it's my DH who is the photographer). :rolleyes:

I am hoping to sign on for the ships tour if offered. (We participated in one on the Eurodam... up & down & all around... an aerobic navigational exploration!

It is like a puzzle & all the pieces must fit perfect- working together to keep all of us pampered.

It's easy to forget there is a whole "city" living in way too close quarters down below- keeping everything running 24/7.

Honestly--- I never thought of any ships trash disposal the same way again!

My goal is to explore as many new venues as she has & take advantage of all offerings.

It is to experience the premier sailing of the Koningsdam that we chose this journey for. It's destination the exciting reward.

Hopefully at our CC gathering we can plan a cabin crawl & check out as many different types of cabins our members are in and post pics. :D