Regal rooms upon boarding?

BillyBoat

In the last few weeks have the rooms been ready upon boarding the Regal in FLL or is 1:00 p.m. becoming the rule ? We will be boarding in 2 weeks, and if rooms are not ready until 1:00 we may wait until later to arrive.

Thank you in advance,

Billy

According to recent reports from the Regal they are boarding at the usual time but are not permitting access to the cabins until 1:00 PM.

I've run to that once . They where doing a deep clean after a Noro outbreak and delayed boarding . Also access to rooms delayed even for In-Transit passengers.

Princess as a rule doesn't allow boarding until the rooms are ready .

Princess as a rule allows boarding regardless of whether the cabins are ready or not. This has been substantiated by numerous cruisers after they have returned from their cruises.

If there is a bigger issue "noro deep clean etc" then they may delay boarding which does not happen very often.

if the cabins are not ready can you drop off your suite case in the room before they are ready

Ron

I have previously been able to do this when receiving a card during check-in that cabins would not be ready until 1:00 (most often on the Royal & Rgeal). The fire doors at the elevators were not closed & our cabin steward said it was okay to drop off our carry-on bags & to put items in our safe.

That may have changed now & last year on the Regal the deck to our friend's cabin had the fire doors closed by the elevators & when opened set off a brief audible alarm. I've also read recent posts that those fire doors are more frequently closed...I haven't read of anyone being prevented from opening those fire doors to drop off bags in their cabin but other passengers have decided not to open those fire doors which closes behind them but can be opened again.

Edited by Astro Flyer

We were on the Regal the first week of this month. We were aboard shortly after noon but were not allowed to go to our stateroom. Crew members were running the elevators and would only take us to the lido deck until the rooms were available at 1 PM. We found a table near the grill and waited until almost 1 PM and then took our carryon luggage down the two flights of stairs to our stateroom. After stowing our gear, we took the elevator down to the Fiesta deck and had lunch in the Concerto MDR even though several crew members claimed no MDR was open for lunch.

No Regal rooms until 1 PM. Don't know why that is but you are stuck carrying around whatever you carried on so beware! Wasn't the same on the Royal and they are the same size so don't know why it's so different on the Regal.

Has nothing to do with Noro either!

Thanks to all who recently posted this development on Regal.

We are definitely modifying what we normally carry on down to passports, documents, jewelry and medications.

Oh, and our two bottles of wine! (DH can carry those...) ;)

No Regal rooms until 1 PM. Don't know why that is but you are stuck carrying around whatever you carried on so beware! Wasn't the same on the Royal and they are the same size so don't know why it's so different on the Regal.

Has nothing to do with Noro either!

Last month we were allowed to store our carry on in our cabin until the room was ready. Not a problem at all, and we were on the ship by 1100 hours.:)

Wasn't the same on the Royal and they are the same size so don't know why it's so different on the Regal.

I had it happen on the Royal & Regal...wonder if they're too understaffed to have cabins ready by noon?

A few times our cabin was not completely prepared when we arrived (usually at about noon) which didn't bother us. I've read posts from passengers who were extremely upset by such a situation & maybe complained to Princess who decided to delay cabin availability until 1:00 to have all cabins completely ready.

I had it happen on the Royal & Regal...wonder if they're too understaffed to have cabins ready by noon?

A few times our cabin was not completely prepared when we arrived (usually at about noon) which didn't bother us. I've read posts from passengers who were extremely upset by such a situation & maybe complained to Princess who decided to delay cabin availability until 1:00 to have all cabins completely ready.

Friends off the Regal last cruise could not go to their cabin at all until 1:00.

No biggie. We don't finish in the DR until 1:30 anyway. ;)