Grand Cayman, Falmouth, Labadee Kid Friendly

jgraff426

Looking for kid-friendly activities at the above ports. Will be sailing this April on Royal Caribbean.

Thanks in advance!! :)

I started to answer this when I realized there are too many options. So, I need to know the kid's age(s). I've been to all three places.

For example, Stingray City is great, for 10 years old and up. Younger than than that and the stingrays scare the kids.

However, the turtle farm is great (there are more things to do there besides turtles. There is snorkeling and there is also a swimming pool.

I'll have to dig up some of photos from home and I'm at work. I'll provide more information once I know the age(s).

For Labadee, what you choose definitely depends on the age of the kids. I'm not certain, but I suspect that there is a minimum age limit on the zipline or a minimum weight. The Dragon Coaster is fun, but again there must be some age requirement. A child might be able to ride in front of the dragon car accompanied by a parent. Two people can ride in one dragon car if their total weight does not excede a maximum.

There is a small water park in the center of Labadee with a cute pirate ship and similar playground equipment that very young children can use. Older kids might really enjoy the water park which is out in the water and has such challenges as very large and colorful floating pyramids. This area also has a long curvy waterslide.

Another vote here for Stingray City! It's a blast! Make sure if you do it to book through a private company and not the cruise line. Reason being, the cruise sponsored excursions pack in the people like sardines! At least 50 people in one boat. We booked a private company last time and we had 14 people on our same size boat.

Sorry - should have mentioned their ages. They are both 10 (boy and girl)

Are they identical twins? :D

Okay, lets start with Labadee, which is basically a beach day. Now I have not been to Labadee since 2007, so there have been things added, such as a pier and a roller coaster. Nonetheless, we will start with this map ...

Labmap-s.jpg

There are Wave Runners ...

00380004.jpg

Your kids are too young to operate the Wave Runner alone, so a parent would have to go with them. The Wave Runner tour is a follow the leader type of tour.

There are water toys ...

00380024.jpg

00380022.jpg

00380025.jpg

Labadee continued ...

Labadee is a private beach leased by Royal Caribbean.

Another photo of the water toys ...

DCP_0344.jpg

There are beach chairs ...

DCP_0315.jpg

DCP_0319.jpg

There are lots of beach chairs ...

DCP_0362.jpg

And where there are beach chairs there much be a beach ...

DCP_0321.jpg

Kayaks ...

DCP_0347.jpg

In Grand Cayman there is Stingray City and there is a Turtle Farm. Stingray City is one of my favorite shore excursions. However, little kids don't find it as enjoyable as I do. First of all there is the name, "stingray". Most little kids don't find this the most friendly of names. Second, they look strange. Third they fell "different" (smooth and slimy). Fourth, the stingray assume you have food and they will swim right up to you and touch you. It is no more aggressive than then a dog putting its head on your knee (while you are sitting down) but after one, two and three above, number four does not sit too well with little children. However, if they do go in the water (nobody will force the anyone to get in the water, this is what they may expect ...

IMGP0448.jpg

IMGP0463.jpg

IMGP0485.jpg

IMGP0491.jpg

StingrayCity1.jpg

StingrayCity5.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LMAO - you don't know how many times I get asked this question! :eek:

Thank you so much for your detailed review and recommendations -- for some reason, I can't see your pictures though :-( which is a bummer cause it seems like you have some awesome shots!

LMAO - you don't know how many times I get asked this question! :eek:

Thank you so much for your detailed review and recommendations -- for some reason, I can't see your pictures though :-( which is a bummer cause it seems like you have some awesome shots!

Try a different Internet browser.

Are they identical twins?

To be identical, twins have to be of the same sex. The OP has a boy and a girl, so no they are not identical, but fraternal. But not all seme sex twins are identical, they can also be fraternal. EM

Edited by Essiesmom