St. Martin instead of St. Kitts?

ValerieJo

I just read that the February 28 sailing of JOS has canceled the stop in St. Kitts and will be going to St. Martin instead. Does anyone know why the will not be stopping in St. Kitts?

I would be completely happy with this change :D

I am on this cruise and have been to St. Marten so many times that I was looking forward to St. Kitts. We were going hiking in the rain forest so I am disappointed. Remember, ships and ports are all opinion, so I am not exactly happy with this change. The original poster asked if anyone knew anything as to why. I am also interested in this information. So I am going to call today to find out why, as there are no shore excursions listed on the RCCL site. We are also the 5th ship listed in port, so I assume we will be a bit crowded and private tours will be mostly booked by now since the date in question is 3/1.

I just got off the phone with RCCL. There is no documented reason for the change. The agent even had me on hold for 15 minutes while going up his chain of command, but there is nothing documented. He suggested safety and/or weather. :) There are still no shore excursions available.

I just got off the phone with RCCL. There is no documented reason for the change. The agent even had me on hold for 15 minutes while going up his chain of command, but there is nothing documented. He suggested safety and/or weather. :) There are still no shore excursions available.

Interesting. It would not surprise me if the guests will be given more info when they are on the cruise.

I really like both islands and enjoy itineraries that include both. But I REALLY like St. Maarten. I alway look forward to returning and I miss it when we are on a cruise where it is not included.

We're the very same on those choices...like them both.

Like you, given the choice, we really like St. Maarten.

That said, we've decided to take a more thorough (private excursion) look at St. Kitts this time around in a few months. Maybe it will elevate our enjoyment of that fine destination. Overall, we like the Southern Caribbean destinations anyway...so Barbados would have to make the short list of favorites here too.

We were at both islands last September. While Ste Marteen is my favouirte island I have to say we had a nice time in St.kitts. We are not very adventurous so we opted for a island tour. Very nice, ended up at a great beach. We could go to either island and be happy. I would be disappointed if they changed the itinerary and not tell us.

I just read that the February 28 sailing of JOS has canceled the stop in St. Kitts and will be going to St. Martin instead. Does anyone know why the will not be stopping in St. Kitts?

You got lucky because St Maarten in way better.