Do O docking sites in smaller Med stops have view?

Islandattorney

We are wondering if the dock sites for O smaller ships in towns like St Tropez, Monte Carlo, etc have nice views of the town, so that perching on the balcony after a day (or half day) ashore would be pleasant...or will we just be looking at industrial port? Anyone done this itinerary on one if the smaller ships?

Monte Carlo is beautiful from the water. It is a tender port, and the ship moves about while anchored, so you get different views.

We've tendered and docked at Monte Carlo,so it could be either.

St tropes is a tender port and it's a great view of the area and the multi million dollar yachts.

I have no idea about Portofino.

Edited by ORV

We've tendered and docked at Monte Carlo,so it could be either.

St tropes is a tender port and it's a great view of the area and the multi million dollar yachts.

I have no idea about Portofino.

Darn...I just realized we dock in Monte Carlo and I was envisioning a romantic dinner on the back deck of Terrace Cafe with the view of the town as a backdrop. Guess I'll have to scrap that vision.:)

Darn...I just realized we dock in Monte Carlo and I was envisioning a romantic dinner on the back deck of Terrace Cafe with the view of the town as a backdrop. Guess I'll have to scrap that vision.:)

If you are docked in Monte Carlo you will definitely have a stunning view of the town from the Terrace Cafe.

We are wondering if the dock sites for O smaller ships in towns like St Tropez, Monte Carlo, etc have nice views of the town, so that perching on the balcony after a day (or half day) ashore would be pleasant...or will we just be looking at industrial port? Anyone done this itinerary on one if the smaller ships?

Monte Carlo - terrific town view from ship.

Portofino - there is no "industrial port" - rather, a very cute seafront town (ship may have more people.

If you are docked in MC and have a room on the port side of the ship and sit on your balcony, the ONLY view you'll have is of the terminal building, unless they back in, then it would be those on the starboard side.

I was just there a couple of months ago.

Edited by ORV

We have some great evening photos of us with a city backdrop from MC. Just happened to be a great view from that side, on the way to dinner. Amalfi was lovely from the boat as well,didn't go to Portofino.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Just Google images for the name of the port you are curious about, like "St. Tropez cruise port" or "Monte Carlo cruise port" and you will see what each of your tendering / docking locations will look like. I always do that before I leave on a cruise. Btw, any spot in Monte Carlo is spectacular.

Michael