Booked an inside room but got a porthole room instead?

agreenway6

I'm sailing on the Paradise on March 14th out of Tampa. I booked and paid for an inside room, and let carnival choose my room for me because it was cheaper. I checked my booking summary and the room they chose is M14 which is a room with a porthole (or ocean view, not too sure what the difference is between the two). Is that considered an upgrade? Or is that within the realm of what I paid, or did they upgrade me?

Go with it. M14 is just fine

I booked a port hole cabin on Splendor last July at an inside cabin price.

fantastic deal and a great cabin.. 2 port holes

I would take that every cruise

we did hear some noise when docking. But no dig deal

Edited by Vitamin_Sea

Pothole cabins are usually priced as low as the cheapest inside cabins, so price wise it's the same. However I consider these staterooms to be a considerable upgrade over a standard inside. Because of their location, many of them have a bit more square footage. The portholes, while not as nice as a large picture window, are nice to let the sunlight in and to take a peek at what's going on outside. They also have a ledge right by the portholes that's big enough for someone to sit on. Drawbacks? You may feel quite a bit of rumble and hear machinery as the ship is pulling into port. Also, you're more likely to feel and hear the crashing waves on the bow of the ship. But overall, I'd be thrilled to get a porthole cabin over ANY inside cabin!

Edited by Tapi

I'm sailing on the Paradise on March 14th out of Tampa. I booked and paid for an inside room, and let carnival choose my room for me because it was cheaper. I checked my booking summary and the room they chose is M14 which is a room with a porthole (or ocean view, not too sure what the difference is between the two). Is that considered an upgrade? Or is that within the realm of what I paid, or did they upgrade me?

I looked at the deck plan for the Paradise, and M14 is a "PT" Porthole cabin, and, it sticks out a little bit. Looks like you lucked onto one of the cabins that got extra square footage. Enjoy! :)

Port hole rooms are as good as ocean view IMO. You get natural light, and a view. (perhaps not quite as good a view as ocean view) but still a view. I can live with inside cabins, but my last four cruises have been either port hole or oceanview, and I am happy with port hole, would rather save the money for other on board expenses.:) I think you did well.

It is ok, I did not read your post as a complaint:)

There are many more port hole rooms on the Fantasy class ships than on Conquest class and similar, so the chances are much better on this class of ship that you would get one than on other ship classes.

Paradise looks like a great ship, and one that I would love to sail on.

enjoy:)

I have stayed in a porthole cabin on the Freedom and we are booked in one on the Magic in Jan 2017.

They are great. The one on the Freedom was a single bed but the one on the Magic has the queen sized bed. We have stayed in ocean view cabins and balcony. The Porthole in my opinion is just a lower priced ocean view cabin. :D

My avatar picture is a porthole cabin on the Breeze.

It was roomy and cozy.

You could hear the waves crashing at night- first 2 nights, I didn't think I could sleep.

The seas were quiet for the rest of the trip and it was quiet !

I would definetelly book one again.