Best FOOD on NCL

poona1

Hello fellow ncl friends...i will be sailing in 2 weeks...i am a big foodie so I was wondering what is the best food on NCL...for example, classics like escargot at le bistro or the mouthwatering steaks at cagney, nevermind the truffle fries...so any insight would be appreciated....i plan on eating a ton and of course, 'properly' getting ****faced from the ubp offer..can't wait!

I thought the 18oz bone in ribeye was absolutely awesome on my Gem cruise last month.. and this is coming from a guy that goes to some of the top steakhouses in NYC pretty regularly.......

Glad yours was good. I had the same thing at Cagney's on the Gem a couple of weeks ago, and it was tough and dry. As was all the meat at Moderno (same kitchen).

I did love the chocolate napoleon at Le Bistro. And the filet mignon and shrimp at Teppanyaki.

Edited by Turtles06

I find the best food to be everything they offer...because it's already cooked for me and they clean up afterwards as well! If somebody cooks for me and does the dishes, it could be mud and I'd be happy. As far as favorites, I'm a sucker for rib eye and have to give the nod to Cagney's 18 oz bone in. The filet in Le Bistro is pretty awesome too. Also don't forget to grab a apple filled crepe with a bit of whipped cream from the buffet if they offer it! That's my go to dessert.

My son said the best meal he ever had was at Cagneys the fillet mignon ...done to perfection .My son is a foodie ....loves refined cuisine ...has cruised since hewas 5 years pldnow inhis 20s ...trust his taste it was an awesome meal

Go enjoy ..plus the bread. InLa Cucina was the most deeeeelicious I haveever tasted

Go enjoy them all ..Modernos.....Le Bistro...all wonderful

Bon Voyage

We hope to do them all again onournextvoyages

If the ship still has the old menus, get the mussels with pernot at LeBristro.

If it has the new a la carte menus, do not get the mussels in wine (salt) broth.

Lois

Edited by electro

Since all the recommendations so far have been for specialty venues it sounds like the standard included places have nothing good to offer. Is this typical on all the ships in the fleet and all the venues on them?

bosco

Not true at all. In fact, the couple of dinners we ate in the buffet on the Gem earlier this month were among our most enjoyable of the cruise.

thanks for the insight from the original poster you guys...and in reference to another question posed, no with the new menus now being offered for the complimentary dining the meals i think have improved...however also if you still want a giant lobster, they just might filet it and offer to you as well for an additional a la carte price...but in general, the food on the complimentary dining is good as well...any recent cruisers with insight are most welcome.

We had our first ever NCL cruise last year on Getaway (certainly not our first cruise however !) From what I'd read here I thought I really needed to go to some of the specialty restaurants so we did. Four months later we did our second NCL cruise on Escape. Based on our experiences on Getaway, this time we ate all meals in Taste or the Buffet or O'Sheehans. We were perfectly happy with the regular/non charge venues.

I find the best food to be everything they offer...because it's already cooked for me and they clean up afterwards as well! If somebody cooks for me and does the dishes, it could be mud and I'd be happy. As far as favorites, I'm a sucker for rib eye and have to give the nod to Cagney's 18 oz bone in. The filet in Le Bistro is pretty awesome too. Also don't forget to grab a apple filled crepe with a bit of whipped cream from the buffet if they offer it! That's my go to dessert.

What other filings are available in the crepes? Are crepes available at breakfast, lunch or dinner?

I always enjoyed the wings in Blue Lagoon/O'Sheehans. I have seen some say that they have changed since I last had them though.:mad:

You have heard correct.... They weren't bad on our last cruise but not like I remember them - maybe it was the ship but I suspect it wasn't. Just yet another change....

Cagneys by far was the most consistent good quality food. As for the free dining rooms I usally enjoy the special of the day and if you do not like the menu the steak was for the most part good if cooked right. Unfortunately some of the food is hit and miss in the included dining. The special restaurants food were good most of the time I have had bad food on them. I did not care for Tepenyaki seems like you have to fill up on rice and the desert was nasty. I believe the Italian restaurant should be free I enjoyed the pizza there and they took that off the menu. It seems all the steaks were preaty good around the ship and the prime rib but I cant eat red meat everyday. The seafood was more hit or miss. LeBistro has some good food on there menu but they use alot of sauces and salt.