Where to play ?

mysusie45

Will be doing the long cruise on the Crown to Hawaii and beyond next fall. Any suggestions as to where husband and I can go to play cards or board games as we'll have no table in room.

Thanks

During the day Skywalkers is a nice quiet place to read or play cards.

Will be doing the long cruise on the Crown to Hawaii and beyond next fall. Any suggestions as to where husband and I can go to play cards or board games as we'll have no table in room.

Thanks

So you are going on a cruise to play board games and cards????? wow

Thanks

We have always found that you can play in one or the other of the dining rooms, you just need to check with them as to what might work.

Thanks

Almost any were you want. I've seen people playing all over the ship.

Tony

The Grand-plus Class ships (Crown, Emerald, Ruby) have used Crown Grill as a card and game room during the day. But suite breakfast and possibly pub lunch have both been moved there from the former locations so that now limits the hours--recent Emerald patters had it available 11:30-3:30 certain days.

And thank you for asking for suggestions rather than join your fellow enthusiasts who will no doubt be spreading themselves across a table for six or eight in the Horizon Court at the peak breakfast and lunch rush.

Edited by fishywood

So you are going on a cruise to play board games and cards????? wow

I suspect that there is not a passenger on the ship that does not do anything that I would not do on a cruise, yourself included. I also suspect that I do things that every other passenger would not do on a cruise.

I figure we are all there to have fun and do what we please.

Thanks

Hi. I carry cards in my tote, and play all over the ship, even while waiting for trivia to start. Have you joined the roll call for this cruise yet? While slow at first, there are now excursions, activities, and hotel information listed.

See you on board!

Thanks

On Crown we noticed quite a few people playing cards, games, and/or reading in Crooner's during the day at the tables toward the back. It's a nice open area which doesn't get busy until around 4 o'clock.

For a quieter place by day Skywalker's is nice and has a pretty view.

Look forward to having a great cruise! :)

LuLu

We played cards at the table just outside and even inside the wheelhouse bar. I also think a perfect spot would be in Skywalkers or even at the tables in the buffet area ... but only at the less busy times. I don't think I would risk taking up a table that others might want to sit and eat their meals.

PS -- we recently cruised with my 21 year old nephews and found playing cards an activity we could all enjoy and actually found they hung out with us when having a card game going on. It was actually a lot of fun...gave us a chance to connect while onboard.