Caribbean Princess question

Sat1

On embarkation day, instead of going to the HC, will the Coral MDR serve a buffet or menu only? Thanks.

Please, please, please...don't even hint at the thought of lunch (or breakfast) in the MDR on Princess changing to mostly self-service like on Royal Caribbean!!!

Edited by fishywood

Lunch will be served in the Coral MDR on the Fiesta deck with a typical lunch menu from noon to 1:30 PM. The menu will be posted outside the MDR per usual. If you ask a crew member they will deny any MDR being open for lunch but don't believe them.

On embarkation day, instead of going to the HC, will the Coral MDR serve a buffet or menu only? Thanks.

In January the Coral DR was serving a lovely lunch from a menu; we didn't see a buffet. The shrimp with avocado was amazing; I'm asking for two when we sail on the CB in April!

It's been 5 years since we cruised and a lot has changed!

Can you verify the costs for the following?

Chefs table costs per passenger=$95?

UKP card plus tip $9

crn grill-still $25?

spa days pp=half $15/full $20/week $110?

platinum minutes for 14 day cruise=250 minutes per passenger?

specialty teas $1.50?

Looking forward to the Cruise-we booked a Window Suite-first time in one where as we have been in a PH suite in the past!:)

Thank You in advance!:D

Lunch will be served in the Coral MDR on the Fiesta deck with a typical lunch menu from noon to 1:30 PM. The menu will be posted outside the MDR per usual. If you ask a crew member they will deny any MDR being open for lunch but don't believe them.

It's a little hard to deny when they advertise lunch in the DR on the back page or the Patter from Noon to 1:30 PM. ;)

Can't tell you how much more we enjoy embarkation lunch in the MDR versus the HC. Menu is limited, but that's ok with us!

My wife and I cruised on the Caribbean Princess in November 2015. The Coral MDR was open for lunch. We arrived at the terminal early, carried our own luggage on, dropped it off, and enjoyed a nice lunch. I soooo like the MDRs better than the buffet. A sit-down lunch was so nice after the hustle a bustle of getting to the ship and on the ship.

Hope you enjoy your cruise! We have loved our Princess experiences on the Grand and Caribbean Princesses.

BTW, the Chef's Table was a wonderful experience if you are willing to pay extra (I believe $100pp). Wonderful food and drink with a galley tour and a chef making your food tableside. If you want to do this, call the Dine Line with your cabin phone right after arriving.

• 4 weeks later...
In January the Coral DR was serving a lovely lunch from a menu; we didn't see a buffet. The shrimp with avocado was amazing; I'm asking for two when we sail on the CB in April!

Not a bad strategy at all. I may have done that.

I like to buy our Ultimate Soda Sticker from the waiter at this lunch too. You can start using it immediately.

MDR lunch on Embarkation Day is off menu -- nice relaxing way to start your cruise.

I agree that it is a nice relaxing way to start the cruise. I do not eat at buffets on any ship for any meal. If the MDR is not open on a ship, then I skip lunch.

Too much hassle to juggle food and find seating in the buffets.