Pre-cruise accommodations in Miami

Hadestouch

Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum. I have an 8 day eastern Caribbean cruise booked on the carnival breeze for 3 adults and 3 children. We are arriving in Miami 2 days before cruising. I'm having difficulty finding a hotel that is reasonable. I'm renting a van on arrival so I don't mind a bit of a drive to find reasonable accommodations that are clean, safe and don't break the bank. I'm comfortable driving up to an hour to find more reasonable lodgings but I don't know what are good and bad areas or what neighbouring towns to try. Please help..

Hello all, I'm brand new to the forum. I have an 8 day eastern Caribbean cruise booked on the carnival breeze for 3 adults and 3 children. We are arriving in Miami 2 days before cruising. I'm having difficulty finding a hotel that is reasonable. I'm renting a van on arrival so I don't mind a bit of a drive to find reasonable accommodations that are clean, safe and don't break the bank. I'm comfortable driving up to an hour to find more reasonable lodgings but I don't know what are good and bad areas or what neighbouring towns to try. Please help..

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would post your question about hotels in the Florida Departures forum:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

Many people there with good info.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

I would be sure to post this on the Florida Departure Board where this question comes up often.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&daysprune=-1&f=495

I will give you hotels in Miami to check out.

Intercontinental

Holiday Inn Bayside

Hampton Inn (includes Breakfast)

Hyatt

JW Marriott

Marriott Courtyard

When you post on the Florida Board and even here it would be helpful to know when you plan to be there (because rates vary) and how much you want to spend. A range is fine.

Fort Lauderdale is 45 minutes from Miami and rooms would be cheaper there.

Keith

In Miami...nothing is "reasonable"...it's expensive for even a basic hotel! The Holiday Inn Bayside might be your best bet....and call them DIRECTLY....ask for any "specials"....usually cheaper than going thru the 800 number!

If you have 2 days prior, you don't want to be near the airport....too far to everything!

Edited by cb at sea

The Miami airport (and the Best Western I mentioned) is 16 minutes or 7.6 miles from the Port of Miami in non-rush hour traffic.

Another good option is Homewood Suites by Hampton Brickell (downtown Miami) 1.9 miles to the port. Typically $161 for 2 queens and a sofa bed, kitchen.

Edited by SuiteTraveler