All Things EARTH... part 2

CCHelp

So glad to hear your DD is recovering well and being a good patient. She must be looking forward to having this all behind her.

As for luggage, sometimes it's good not to force a decision. I looked at luggage before our cruise but the sticking point for me was that I didn't like the inside layout of a lot of the ones I saw. It's good to wait for the perfect thing. It is one of the lessons I've learned from color theory, to wait for what is just right.

I was happy I got my new brown quilted duffle when I was on my recent conference trip. I was in line checking into the hotel feeling much more professional with my brown leather work tote and my new bag. I wonder if there is a brown laptop case out there somewhere???? I guess if I were truly put together I would just have the latest tablet in my work tote!

Look at this pretty dress from jjill. Doesn't it just say cool and breezy?

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/product/product.aspx?item=W6045I&rPFID=10&sk=M&h=M

In the catalog it looks more like a light denim blue. So evocative of summer.

I also like this pretty shirt but it sold out super fast:

http://www.jjill.com/jjillonline/product/product.aspx?item=H9007BW&rPFID=0&sk=N&h=N

I have a tank top from Target that is very similar to that Terracotta color. It goes with EVERYTHING. For me...the weird thing is that it ends up being a very nude kind of color...almost a perfect neutral for a tank because it so closely resembles my skin tone.

That is an interesting color combination.

Glad to read that your DD is recovering so well Laurie.

I went through an interesting exercise last night. I finally tackled a very neglected (and HUGE) pile of mail yesterday...I took the time to go through the catalogs and tore out pages of items that I really liked or was inspired by. Then I went through the patterns that I settled on from my last go round at the Hancock going out of business sale...and it turns out that many of the patterns are very similar and nearly exact to items that I tore out of the catalogs.

I'm pretty pumped about that.

Would someone please explain to me this classification description? Just what is a "boyfriend" shirt? "boyfriend" jacket? "boyfriend" pants? I seem to be seeing this descriptor on a lot of clothing items and I feel like if I knew what EXACTLY this descriptor meant then I could avoid or embrace some shopping opportunities.

If I were going to hazard a guess, I'd think that the item is just a little bit too big for you... like your "boyfriend" is usually bigger than you are (except for ME cause my DH is smaller/fit)... so, now that I'm thinking of it, if I dressed in MY "boyfriend" pants then I'd have pants that were too tight and gave me a muffin top and ended about 2" above my ankle bone... NOT. a. GOOD. look!... My "boyfriend" shirt would have major gap-osis (the condition where your buttons are looking tugged apart and there's a glimpse of skin underneath)... and my sleeves would be too short and end about 2" above my wrist bone and my shoulders would be too tight! OK. Everyone gets the idea that my DH is smaller than I am... but strong as an ox, so don't be thinking you can take advantage of me!:D

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with fit? I know my DH's shirts have buttons that are on a different side of the shirt closing. I've never understood that?!?

I'll stop guessing..... can anyone help?

Would someone please explain to me this classification description? Just what is a "boyfriend" shirt? "boyfriend" jacket? "boyfriend" pants? I seem to be seeing this descriptor on a lot of clothing items and I feel like if I knew what EXACTLY this descriptor meant then I could avoid or embrace some shopping opportunities.

If I were going to hazard a guess, I'd think that the item is just a little bit too big for you... like your "boyfriend" is usually bigger than you are (except for ME cause my DH is smaller/fit)... so, now that I'm thinking of it, if I dressed in MY "boyfriend" pants then I'd have pants that were too tight and gave me a muffin top and ended about 2" above my ankle bone... NOT. a. GOOD. look!... My "boyfriend" shirt would have major gap-osis (the condition where your buttons are looking tugged apart and there's a glimpse of skin underneath)... and my sleeves would be too short and end about 2" above my wrist bone and my shoulders would be too tight! OK. Everyone gets the idea that my DH is smaller than I am... but strong as an ox, so don't be thinking you can take advantage of me!:D

Maybe it doesn't have anything to do with fit? I know my DH's shirts have buttons that are on a different side of the shirt closing. I've never understood that?!?

I'll stop guessing..... can anyone help?

Pam, you just gave me a good giggle to start the day :) Thanks for that!

Pam, I also chuckled. My take is a boyfriend shirt is a mans dress shirt & boyfriend jeans are a bit baggy & rolled up a couple of times -- but I could be way off

One more sleep & we're off for Hawaii!!! Melody

Boyfriend styles are inspired by menswear but made for women. They are more unisex in shape, usually being more straight in shape and less fitted. Jeans are usually straight legs, for example. Generally, the idea is to look like you borrowed your boyfriend's clothes, so usually the clothing should fit in an oversized way, which is why they are often shown with rolled hems and sleeves, implying that the garment is too big to wear otherwise.

0430 pick up tomorrow morning, all packed. DH has misplaced my new camera [emoji30]. I had it packed in my carryon bag & he wanted to take a starter picture 🙄. Now I have to search everyplace he's been in the house (another time I wish it was smaller!) [emoji6]. Melody

Have a wonderful trip, Melody! I look forward to seeing your pictures!

I hope you find your camera.

My luggage arrived yesterday, and I really, really like it. I can't wait to put it to use in June. I only have a month and half to go!

My husband and I are somewhat close in height and size overall. I think he is about 3 inches taller than me? I've worn his shirts a few times, and they are big on me. However, due to my "extra dimensions" the shirts aren't as big on me as they could be! :rolleyes:

It is nice to seem somewhat smaller on top. I know that I will never be small chested, no matter what.

My daughter had the stents removed today. She said that hurt a bit, but she is doing great, and ready to go back to work on Monday. I think if the doctor hadn't told her that today, she probably would have gone in tomorrow. It's nice to see her back to her normal self and laughing and smiling. Sneezing is a very unpleasant experience for her though.

I finally found the camera (just before I strangled DH!) It was in the pocket of a jacket he'd put on this morning & then put into the storage closet (cause it's a winter coat). Don't ask why I thought of it, I'm just glad I did. It is now residing in my purse!!! Crisis averted [emoji6]. Melody

Edited by awhfy

Anita I will, I don't think I'm going to let DH touch it!!! I did get our cameras (all 3) loaded onto our insurance policy yesterday. That surely would have seemed suspicious! Melody

If I borrowed my boyfriend's clothes I would be swimming in them .He is a real big guy . Occasionally I do wear one of his t shirts as pajamas and it comes to my mid thighs .

Same here!

Well, made it to airport & they security. Here's the worst picture ever! Caveat, it was 4am!ImageUploadedByForums1461324421.178105.jpg.7d5ea57a99b48906e6996630f0790860.jpg. The hoodie is actually a pale highlighter yellow. Melody

Edited by awhfy