No more Bistro on 5 on Reflection

cruiserone

The cocktails look very interesting and I'm excited about doing a sake tasting (a few hits under the $13 range, and enough close enough that I'd pay the difference so we could set up our own tasting). Since we tend to sail with the premium package I expect we'll come here for the drinks and order some food while we're at it. I love sushi, though I'm not keen to pay those prices, but I suspect we'll end up doing the ramen bowls or the like.

Edited by Cruise_Dancer

Seriously! I wonder at Celebrity Miami, they seem to treat ships as their own personal cruise planner. They will be in for a shock when they head to Europe where Shushi is not a major dining concept. We do eat in Bistro5, usually once as we tend to take longer cruises and dine there as a break from the madness of Select dining, we would dine more but the food is not to our taste for dinner.

This past b2b cruise we were looking forward to the change in menu with the added specials. We were given a voucher for our B2B day and used that for the Mac and Cheese, which was really good. Went back again for the Beef Stroganoff which was nothing like it should have been, too salty, included Rosemary and was over seasoned with stock, disappointing. An easy dish that chefs had no idea how to make and there lies the heart of the problem with uncharging for these restaurants - they don't make the food as it should be made - following the recipe. I don't mind paying extra for good food but if what you receive is a poor imitation then the charges are unacceptable and who wants to go on a cruise to complain every time you dine, they should ensure that everything is correct and proper if they are charging extra for the privilege.

We used to love eating at Bistro on 5 for 3-4 times during a cruise with the old $5 menu. I will not be eating there anymore with the new sushi menu as nothing appeals to me. I wish they would have good tapas/appetizers like spare ribs, beef skewers, etc. or even a fondue place which would be fun.

Just saw this on Facebook

"Sushi On 5 update"

Its been a hit so far !!

The sushi in the Oceanview Cafe has been replaced with a "Deli Station" where they make fresh and hearty gourmet sandwiches, toasted or not. Crepes from Bistro on 5 are available on selected days in the Oceanview Cafe. A refreshing change. — at Celebrity Reflection.

"Sushi On 5 update"

Its been a hit so far !!

The sushi in the Oceanview Cafe has been replaced with a "Deli Station" where they make fresh and hearty gourmet sandwiches, toasted or not. Crepes from Bistro on 5 are available on selected days in the Oceanview Cafe. A refreshing change. — at Celebrity Reflection.

I can live with that.

"Sushi On 5 update"

Its been a hit so far !!

They've always had a Deli Station for lunch, replaced around 5pm with a sushi station in the same area. Is the Deli Station now there also in the early evening? I'm looking for a snack around 5-5:30 since we normally eat at 8:30. Not looking for hearty gourmet sandwich for a snack. :rolleyes:

Do you eat shrimp as in shrimp cocktail? Do you eat rice? put them together and they are sushi. Do you eat cream cheese, smoked salmon and rice...put them together and they are a philadelphia roll. How about an omelette...put it on rice and it's another type of sushi.

I'm kind of amazed that so many have no clue what sushi really is...and are ready to say....yuck...

Great post!

"Sushi On 5 update"

Its been a hit so far !!

Here are the pics from that FB post by Mr Roberts;

bistro.jpg.c95716ed7f45e411c6e1f25e3519aade.jpg

1986605353_bistro1.jpg.9df0c8f4544bb68a94ae992c3f7fca9b.jpg

Hi Everyone,

As someone who enjoys Sushi, I think the photos look wonderful, with a lovely presentation. If it tastes as good as it looks, I think this will be far better than some of the comments on this thread. Of course, if you do not enjoy Sushi, then I suspect the photos won't help either :)

Wish we were sailing on Reflection in the near future. I'd love to try Sushi on Five for myself.

Edited by Host Andy