Taking a vote

MotherofTrips

Thanks so much for posting this question. The only specialty restaurant I've pre-booked is Moderno. While I'm not feeling the love here, I know we still want to try it because we love a Brazilian Rodizio. Hopefully we'll enjoy it.

I'm sure we'll also hit-up Cagneys. Always enjoy a steakhouse.

We also have 4 dinners, so the other 2 are still up in the air. It's great to read other people's opinions here.

Just off the epic where we had dinner in every specialty restaurant. Ranked in order 1 Cagney's. 2. Le Bistro 3. Teppanyaki 4. La Cucina 5. Moderno 6. Dinner show at cirque dreams (show was awesome though).

Thanks for sharing. I am also going to do the dinner show will probably do the first night, early show. So if the kids don't like the food there they can go to buffet after. Lol

• 1 month later...
We have 4 nights of specialty dining. One will be used for Cirque the other for Teppanyaki. Which only leaves 2 left. We all like filet mignon, 4 out of 6 like seafood. What other 2 should we do?

1. Cagneys 2. Le Bistro 3. Moderno

It will all depend on the total $ amount of your dining package and how much $ is left after going to Cirque and Teppanyaki.

We have been to Moderno before on some ships - loved it at the beginning but have stopped going - the meats are oversalted, and getting tough.

Le Bistro and Cagney's are better.

We used our SDP in both and had lobster both times.

We have 4 nights of specialty dining. One will be used for Cirque the other for Teppanyaki. Which only leaves 2 left. We all like filet mignon, 4 out of 6 like seafood. What other 2 should we do?

Don't do Modernos whatever you do

On any given night, the menus will be the same across all 3 main dining rooms, and the a la carte options are always present.

Cagney's also has a nice surf/turf combo, which worked out better portion-wise for me (more filling).

cd582f3c1e63c2eeb31b7815ba22009b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Omg is that Rosemary on that? I hate Rosemary. I'm glad u posted that so I can tell them to leave it off. Once I went to dinner for mother day and had the filet. They brought it out and it had like a branch of Rosemary lol stuck in the middle it flavored the entire steak I had to send it back.

Food is so subjective but if it were us and it will be next fall: I would certainly take Modernos. I would also do Le Bistro. We are not huge fans of Cagney's. I know many are but we have just never gotten great service and don't think the food is as good or interesting as Le Bistro.

We were just on the Jade and ate at Cagney's, Le Bistro, Moderno, La Cucina and Teppanyaki.

Based on that experience when we sail on the Epic (and have 4 dinners instead of unlimited) we've decided to go with: Teppanyaki, Le Bistro, and Cagney's with the 4th night either La Cucina or another Le Bistro night.

My son had filet at Cagney's and Le Bistro and the Le Bistro filet was much better than Cagney's....in our opinion. My other son had Sea Bass at Cagney's that he said was to die for and I loved the lobster at Le Bistro.

None of us were overly impressed with Moderno. It wasn't bad....just not great.

And Teppanyaki was very good.

We have been to Moderno before on some ships - loved it at the beginning but have stopped going - the meats are oversalted, and getting tough.

Le Bistro and Cagney's are better.

We used our SDP in both and had lobster both times.

I totally agree with you. What happened to Moderno? It was so good the first time I went there. I hope they step it up.

Edited by monkeybone

Out of curiosity, why do you say that? Food is subjective; what one person may love, another may not be happy with at all. We personally have never had any problem with Modrnos and love the salad bar so much.

I loved the salad bar too even the soup was amazing. It was not the same on my last cruises in fact it was very different salty dry meat. The soup was still good.

They did not have Ceviche the last two times on the BA. I'm not sure if that is a Permanent change.

Edited by monkeybone

Out of curiosity, why do you say that? Food is subjective; what one person may love, another may not be happy with at all. We personally have never had any problem with Modrnos and love the salad bar so much.

I thought the salad bar was good but on the breakaway was a group of 10 and another bunch of friends at the next table with 6 all 16 of us felt the same we didn't like it. I do know food is subjective but maybe it was the night because if 16 out of 16 people weren't happy something was off and I would not recommend it. But like I said maybe it was that night

I re read what u posted to me and the op asked for opinions. MY opinion is I felt Modernos was not good. Am I not entitled to my opinion? The other restaurants in MY opinion are much better even LaCucnia

what about la cucina...

what about la cucina...

I liked it last time on the BA but that was last July. The bread was great with 3 dipping oils. They have now stopped doing that (Fail on NCL's part IMO) I think they changed the menu since then, so I can't answer on how the new menus are.

I liked it last time on the BA but that was last July. The bread was great with 3 dipping oils. They have now stopped doing that (Fail on NCL's part IMO) I think they changed the menu since then, so I can't answer on how the new menus are.

hopefully that haven't dropped the pizza with beef strips and garlic......omg.....it was to die for. my wife tried a bite of mine and ate half of it....:eek:

hopefully that haven't dropped the pizza with beef strips and garlic......omg.....it was to die for. my wife tried a bite of mine and ate half of it....:eek:

OMG that sounds amazing!

Maybe someone can post the new menu. I would be interested in trying that next cruise on the BA.

last year I had the steak my friend had the Osso Buco the kids had the pizza....All was really really good!

Edited by monkeybone

I agree with Geri on that one, the salad bar is great but the meat has been horrible all 3 times I went. I won't go there again. I don't do specialty restaurants to have a salad.

I have been to Modernos 4 times total on different ships. I must say that one time on the Breakaway the meat really was bad and did not enjoy it at all. The other 3 times though it actually was very good and we really enjoyed it...so like some others said it is kind of hit and miss.

(although the roasted pineapple was always good! :) )