Refund of Booking Credit

BrandiGreg

We completed a cruise January 8 and we had a "booking credit" as we had negotiated a lower fare after we had paid the fare in full. My understanding is that this was to be credited to our credit card, but it has now been almost 7 weeks. Anyone have similar experience and can tell me how long it took for their credit to appear? Thanks:confused:

Try logging onto My Princess and under the Circle Savings Account box on the left click on the More Details link. If you have a credit for future cruises that is NOT coming back as a check/credit it would appear there.

Most of the time we have had refunds it has showed up as a check from an obscure company maybe 6-8 weeks after a cruise. Looks like junk mail. Have had a few small amounts show up on a credit card within a few days of cruise, but nothing large.

I assume the booking credit didn't show up as onboard credit on the January cruise.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe that a Booking Credit is handled different than a Refund .

Sounds like it will be waiting in your Personalizer for your next cruise.

No, it is a refund I should have coming because I called and negotiated a lower fare after I had already paid the final payment, so it showed up in my cruise personalizer for that cruise as a booking fare balance of -$180. But it has been 8 weeks since the cruise and still no check nor credit to my credit card. I called them two weeks ago and they said "it is on its way".....just wanted to know how patient I should be based on anyone else's experience getting money back. thanks

We had a credit at the end of our January 30 cruise, as Princess gave everyone extra on board credit (plus future cruise credit) and refund of some port taxes as we had operational issues.

A check arrived within three weeks. The envelope return address was not Princess Cruises, it must be a third party company who handles this. We traveled with three other couples and everyone received their checks. Maybe you mistook it for junk mail?? I would call Princess.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

The envelope looks like spam. Nothing about Princess or cruising. I almost tossed it in the trash.

I agree. It looked like it could have been junk mail, one of those numerous "offers" that arrive in the mail. I looked for it based on a post I read on Cruise Critic, and alerted the other couples.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

I went back and looked up the company the refund check came from...it was Bottom Line Technoligies.

That is the outfit that they use to pay the agency commissions, so it makes sense that they would process refunds through them as well.

Tell me about negotiating a lower fare' date=' please?[/quote']

Some report being successful requesting a refare after the final payment date. This is apparently what OP did.

We have tried once to get a reduction after final payment. The fare dropped, I called Princess and was able to get the "over-payment" applied to my OBC.

YMMV:D