fish tacos and food trucks?

beauty1492

Read somewhere can't find now--- could have been a spoof but I leave in 2 days so must know??????? fish tacos and food trucks? on Princess Cay? so is it true? Is it outside the gates? How much?

When you get off the tenders, take a right over the bridge and it is right there. No charge. Not sure if they open at the same time as Bbq. There were two trucks, one with jerk chicken and rice, the other with different tacos. I wanted tacos; however, that food was uncovered and there were flies in the food - dozens - and the workers did not disperse them. I guess it would have been an exercise in futility. The chicken and rice were covered so I had some of that. It was pretty good, but not worth a long walk if you're on the far end of the beach.

Edited by h-sar

Read somewhere can't find now--- could have been a spoof but I leave in 2 days so must know??????? fish tacos and food trucks? on Princess Cay? so is it true? Is it outside the gates? How much?

They are on the beach and we tried the jerk chicken and it was the worst we have ever had. We thought the BBQ was tasteless as well, but then again, food is very subjective. Second time around we didn't even get off of the ship for PC.

We were there three weeks ago. First the food "trucks" are actually food carts similar to what one would see in a large city park selling food. The carts are left on the island like the other equipment. The food I strongly suspect was prepared on the ship and taken ashore. The food carts did not have a way to cook but rather to just keep the food warm.

I had the fish taco. I imagine one would get a better fish taco at Taco Bell as the one I had at Princess Cays was disgusting and after one bite I threw it away. It was a miniature sized taco. My partner had the jerk chicken that looked better but it also was thrown away after one bite. It was a great disappointment that no way was even recognizable to the hype.

We were on Princess Cays two weeks ago. The food trucks are on the right side when you get off the tenders. Go over the little bridge, the food trucks are before the outside bar.

I thought the fish tacos were very good. My husband didn't like the jerk chicken. I enjoyed the food trucks, they were fun and different

I've never seen many people getting from the carts but from what I read here I can understand why. I passed for the buffet.

They must have spent some good money for the carts but unless they improve the food they won't be very popular.

They will be popular with the northerners (Yankees and Canucks) who don't know any better. We were in PC three weeks ago and took the tender to the island about 11 AM. We have been there many times but wanted to check out this great new food venue Princess was pushing. We walked right up, no line and got our food. The short time we stood there tasting and comparing notes (we each got a different food offering to compare) and ultimately throwing all of it away, we saw 2 or 3 unsuspecting pax get food.

They will be popular with the northerners (Yankees and Canucks) who don't know any better. We were in PC three weeks ago and took the tender to the island about 11 AM. We have been there many times but wanted to check out this great new food venue Princess was pushing. We walked right up, no line and got our food. The short time we stood there tasting and comparing notes (we each got a different food offering to compare) and ultimately throwing all of it away, we saw 2 or 3 unsuspecting pax get food.

Now I'll have to get some next stop just to see how bad it actually is. Was it the taste, quality or temperature that turned you off?

Interesting idea, too bad most are saying they aren't very good. We love good jerk chicken, a must do on any ship stop in Jamaica!

I'm not crazy about any of the food offerings on PC. We prefer to eat on the ship and take the tender over after the crowds.

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

• 2 years later...
On 2/28/2016 at 12:25 PM, sunsetbeachgal said:

Interesting idea, too bad most are saying they aren't very good. We love good jerk chicken, a must do on any ship stop in Jamaica!

I'm not crazy about any of the food offerings on PC. We prefer to eat on the ship and take the tender over after the crowds.

We were there in December 2018.  They have food trucks with wrap sandwiches, tacos and jerk chicken with rice and beans.  I did not care for the jerk chicken but I really enjoyed the taco's and I heard the wrap sandwiches were very good.  I know the trucks are on the right side by the bbq but not sure if they are on the left side.   We go back a few weeks and will check it out again.

3 minutes ago, CUontheC said:

We were there in December 2018.  They have food trucks with wrap sandwiches, tacos and jerk chicken with rice and beans.  I did not care for the jerk chicken but I really enjoyed the taco's and I heard the wrap sandwiches were very good.  I know the trucks are on the right side by the bbq but not sure if they are on the left side.   We go back a few weeks and will check it out again.

THE OP has long sailed, it was a 2016 post

33 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

THE OP has long sailed, it was a 2016 post

Yes I realize that....however there have been people talking about it in my group so instead of starting a new thread I decided to continue with this one since it had some good info.

I understand using the older posting and find it interesting that the "food trucks" (more like food carts) are still available.  My only advice is to not have high expectations as the food is actually prepared on the ship and taken to the island.  As you get off the tenders the food carts are to the right or south while the BBQ is in the pavilion to the left or north.