Coastal Kitchen for Junior suite guests?

vino123

I believe it's also by reservation only.

Nope. While reservations are suggested and a good idea, we swung by one night without them and they were able to accommodate us. (That was this fall on Anthem.)

Fabulous perk, by the way. CK on Anthem was terrific, both the food and the service.

We were on Quantum a year ago so it might have changed, but we had Spa JS's and we dined in Coastal Kitchen for breakfast, lunch, and dinner (had reservations for dinner). But again, it might have changed.

It was only dinner this fall on Anthem, and that's consistent with what I've read on here in various threads. Still a great perk.

Nope. While reservations are suggested and a good idea, we swung by one night without them and they were able to accommodate us. (That was this fall on Anthem.)

Fabulous perk, by the way. CK on Anthem was terrific, both the food and the service.

Thanks for the update.

We did the same. Stopped by and asked if they could accommodate us and we were seated right away. They also rotate through five (I think) different menus now.

Great perk for JS and above.

From our server, Kristal. I could be mistaken about the number though. She said they had just received approval from Miami. The change was implemented about midway through our cruise. I think we were on the same cruise as you.

Chrystelle?

That was the delayed January 26 cruise.

By the end of our cruise, they had only used two of the new ones, and had the menu for a third.

I did not hear how many there were ultimately going to be.

:)

Does it mention on the website that Coastal Kitchen is only for suite guests? I wondered why I was unable to book it on the Anthem.

[Edit: Well I can certainly see why I missed it. It's mentioned almost as an afterthought. 6d86747fc94360ff726a5910e772e54b.jpg]

Edited by hapster85
Updated info

Does it mention on the website that Coastal Kitchen is only for suite guests? I wondered why I was unable to book it on the Anthem.

[Edit: Well I can certainly see why I missed it. It's mentioned almost as an afterthought. ]

It's mentioned on the suite perks page.

It's mentioned on the suite perks page.

Which I hadn't looked at, not having booked a suite. I did find it mentioned in another location on their site that it's exclusively for suite guests. It just seems odd that it's not mentioned more prominently, and clearly, on the actual reservation page. #TheMoreYouKnow

Which I hadn't looked at, not having booked a suite. I did find it mentioned in another location on their site that it's exclusively for suite guests. It just seems odd that it's not mentioned more prominently, and clearly, on the actual reservation page. #TheMoreYouKnow

I agree it should be clearly noted, but unfortunately lack of clarity is not an odd occurrence in the world of Royal Caribbean.

Well I went ahead and upgraded to a W gty for our upcoming cruise on the Ovation in April. Got our cabin allocation a Family junior suite on deck 8 , very happy but when I tried to reserve Coatal Kitchen online it wouldn't let me. Had no problem with the other restaurants.

May have to wait till I get on-board.:confused:

Well I went ahead and upgraded to a W gty for our upcoming cruise on the Ovation in April. Got our cabin allocation a Family junior suite on deck 8 , very happy but when I tried to reserve Coatal Kitchen online it wouldn't let me. Had no problem with the other restaurants.

May have to wait till I get on-board.:confused:

Yes, you might have to wait until you are on board. Just go visit the host/hostess at CK soon after you board.

Hmm not to keen on calling Guatemala again.

Spent 25 mins on the phone yesterday at 7p per minute changing my booking to the suite!

Calling the cruise line won't help. That's another inane post to pad the post count. Hopefully future inane posts won't give out the wrong info, and can just stick to repeating the same thing over and over.

Edited by clarea