Switch FCD from one cruise to a different one?

beannie

Well, I'm confused. We booked a 10 day cruise and used our FCD on it. Then we booked a 11 day cruise. Can we have our TA switch the FCD to the longer cruise(more obc)??

:confused:

Did you cancel the other one?

If not is it after final?

Is it a non refundable deposit?

All you can do is ask.

Well, I'm confused. We booked a 10 day cruise and used our FCD on it. Then we booked a 11 day cruise. Can we have our TA switch the FCD to the longer cruise(more obc)??

:confused:

Once an FCD is used, it is used. Only way to use it again is to cancel the first cruise. I'm confused as to why anyone would think it could be transferable.

Princess has a policy in place to keep people from gaming the system: if you cancel a cruise that was deposited with an FCD, the value of the FCD will be reinstated to your Circle account--but not the OBC benefit. You only get one bite of the free OBC pie per FCD. Which is how it should be.

Edited by fishywood

--but not the OBC benefit. You only get one bite of the free OBC pie per FCD. Which is how it should be.

We have canceled a cruise, had the FCC returned to our account and used it, along with OBC, on another cruise. That was a couple of years ago. Has it changed?

Today we "changed" the date of our November cruise. The FCD and OBC was used for the new date. This was done all in one phone call (Along with a refare of a May cruise, moving our son's booking from my husbands account to mine and asking questions regarding Princess gift cards. Our TA really works for their commission..lol)

After further conversations with a Princess call center rep, and then my TA, we were able to switch the FCD. It was doable because the FCD was purchased before either of the two cruises were booked. So this time it worked out.

I've done it before ... I changed my FCD to a cruise that was longer / better cabin type and it was no hassle at all. I got a better OBC by using it this way. I just had to put money down on the previous cruise that I booked. When I called, I explained why I was doing it and they didn't act at all like I was gaming the system. Sometimes, I think the reps are quite happy to help you get the most bang for your buck. I am not sure why everyone kept telling the OP it couldn't be done. Glad to see it worked for the OP, too.