Traditional dining - do we have to sit with others? (Explorer)

We are sailing on Explorer next month, as a party of five. We are currently assigned to early traditional dining. I just realised that this means we would be sitting at one of the large tables, with other people. Is that correct? Is there any way we can request a table for just the five of us, during traditional dining? Or are we better off swapping to My Time Dining?

There's a few reasons we'd like to sit at our own table.

We are sailing on Explorer next month, as a party of five. We are currently assigned to early traditional dining. I just realised that this means we would be sitting at one of the large tables, with other people. Is that correct? Is there any way we can request a table for just the five of us, during traditional dining? Or are we better off swapping to My Time Dining?

There's a few reasons we'd like to sit at our own table.

About 3 weeks before ther cruise, send an email to rcldining@rccl.com and ask to be seated at a table for 6 with no other guests.

Edited by clarea

Thanks clarea. Would that still be considered Traditional Dining?

Yes.

It's not a bad idea to specify in your email message that you want traditional early dining. They should not change you from what you already have, but it's best to be unambiguous.

List all the guests you want at the table, including exact names as on the bookings, stateroom number, and booking number.

Edited by clarea

I promise we are not antisocial! But I'm not sure how much other people would like to dine with my 1 and 5 year olds... :eek:;)

I would.

I'd probably offer to feed the one year old or you.

But then I love kids.

Probably because I'm a big kid myself.

I promise we are not antisocial! But I'm not sure how much other people would like to dine with my 1 and 5 year olds... :eek:;)

Just having the 2 kids will pretty much assure you will be put at a table for 6 if you ask.

However, if left alone, chances are you would get that anyway, or, you would be put at a larger table with another family with young children, they try to do that, and could be fun.

What RC tries NOT to do, is put other adult couples with families with children - most couples are less than thrilled.

What's wrong with others??? We're fun! We LIKE tablemates!

I feel the same way. Last year I was in a party of 8 on the Radiance, so we had a table all together, but our next trip will be different.

This April on the Allure, my wife and I are by ourselves, but I wouldn't mind some other tablemates. I feel that one of the best parts of cruising is that you meet all types of folks from all over the world. I notice that a lot of folks on CC are from the UK, Australia & New Zealand - those places are on my bucket list to visit, and perhaps I might get some advice as to when & where to go should I ever get the chance to visit there.

We would enjoy table mates for traditional dining,seeing how its just me and my girlfriend.Do we have to request to sit with others or is it an automatic?

If you are in My Time Dining, you can request to be with others when you show up for dinner.

If you are in Traditional Dining, I suggest you ask for a table for 8. This will give you a good chance of having at least a few people show up every night.

We like a table for 2. A couple of weeks before we go I e mail to request a nicely positioned table. I.e. Not near a wait station or the entrance. Then when we board we always check we have what we requested as soon as we are able. Usually it is fine, if not ask for it to be changed. Never a problem.

We spend so much time chit chatting with fellow cruisers all day long (which we love doing), that at dinner, we like to be alone. Not being anti-social....just want some quiet time of just the two of us talking about the day.

I truly respect the OP'S request. She is obviously very sensitive to others. If we were sat with a table of two, five year old's......honestly, I would not be very happy. So KUDOS to you, OP. Very thoughtful of you.:):):)

Edited by champagne123
ffff

It never ceases to amaze me when we have been on cruises how many other adults will complain about children !!! Grrr . Simple answer to that is book an adult only cruise.

Us we love children around, reminds us of when ours was a similar age :)

Everyone is different. Why my response would upset you personally is beyond my comprehension. I do not begrudge you for your preference....so why do you begrudge me mine? We have 4 grandchildren and have nothing against children. I never stated we wanted an "adult only cruise". As a matter of fact, I would hate an adult only cruise. We prefer to have dinner on our vacation alone. Is there something wrong with that???:confused::confused:

Edited by champagne123
fffff