First cruise as a 4-star mariner

slimknyzer

We are booked on a TA in April on the Zuiderdam. This will be our first cruise as 4-Star Mariners. I thought we would never get there, but here we are. Using the unlimited laundry service will really help with packing just enough to get by with.

Do you have to mark the laundry slip indicating 4 stars, or anything else to denote the free service? Rookie 4 star question, I know!

Cheers,

Tom

I do mark on the laundry slip of my Star Mariner status. Whether it is needed or not, I do not think it hurts.

Sometimes when the laundry is returned, the new laundry order form is printed for the Neptune Suite guests. They automatically get complimentary laundry. But, I still make note that I am due for complimentary laundry as well.

Enjoy!

I always do, but not sure there is any need to.

This is one area where HAL excels: we have never been charged by mistake!

Fast turn-around, good job, returned in a nice basket with tissue paper!

Keep one copy of the triplicate form so you can be sure you get everything back.

Congrats on being 4 star!!!!

I usually do but on my last cruise I forgot on one bag. I got charged for it. When I went to the front desk they said I should have marked it. They said "how is the laundry supposed to know I'm a four star :rolleyes:".

Now that is interesting information! Exactly what I have always wondered about, do you get charged, then credited? Do the laundry workers look up every bag that comes in to see if complimentary?

I also wonder why HAL's Front Desk people cannot make a polite comment in such circumstances?

Maybe HAL could revamp the forms with a specific place to put in your status. (I won't mention that people would say this would lead to some in the know to put in "4 star" when they weren't in fact at that level.....)

Edited by SilvertoGold

I usually do but on my last cruise I forgot on one bag. I got charged for it. When I went to the front desk they said I should have marked it. They said "how is the laundry supposed to know I'm a four star :rolleyes:".

Whoa...... what a rude response from a customer service person, ie front office staff.

Easy answer is your name and cabin number were on the laundry slip. It is their job to look and see what star mariner status you had and charge or not accordingly. :rolleyes:

I really get irked when a 'service person' give such a snippy response.

A better answer would have been: "So Sorry you have been inconvenienced and we apologize for the error. I will immediately credit your OBC in the amount you were charged."

(Notice I didn't mention the ever present chocolate strawberries. :D )

Edited by sail7seas

Whoa...... what a rude response from a customer service person, ie front office staff.

Easy answer is your name and cabin number were on the laundry slip. It is their job to look and see what star mariner status you had and charge or not accordingly. :rolleyes:

I do, too.

My expereince over and over again with excuses for mistakes in charges, especially 4 and 5 star mistakes is the "night auditor" route: He/she checks all the accounts and missed that.

They said "how is the laundry supposed to know I'm a four star :rolleyes:".
WOW! :eek: The correct response should have been "Oh we're sorry, we'll remove that charge." It doesn't matter why or how, just FIX IT! Edited by jtl513

A better answer would have been: "So Sorry you have been inconvenienced and we apologize for the error. I will immediately credit your OBC in the amount you were charged."

(Notice I didn't mention the ever present chocolate strawberries. :D )

I was not a happy camper but it seemed to be sop on that cruise. It got to the point that I asked them not to send the chocolate strawberries :D.

Do you have to mark the laundry slip indicating 4 stars, or anything else to denote the free service? Rookie 4 star question, I know!

From the time HAL started free laundry for 4* Mariners I have marked the invoice "4* Mariner---no charge ☺" on top. At the bottom, where the amounts are filled in, I put "$0.00".

Should I have to do this to be sure I don't get charged? No. Am I better off reducing the potential for error? Might be.

But I know I would rather take the few seconds to note the form than the longer time necessary to fix any mistake.

We are booked on a TA in April on the Zuiderdam. This will be our first cruise as 4-Star Mariners. I thought we would never get there, but here we are. Using the unlimited laundry service will really help with packing just enough to get by with.

Cheers,

Tom

Just wanted to say congratulations on achieving 4*. Afraid I have no idea how the laundry is handled and probably won't need to know for a long time.:(

Cheers,

Tom

Congratulations on getting to the 4 star status!!

Enjoy your perks.

From the time HAL started free laundry for 4* Mariners I have marked the invoice "4* Mariner---no charge ☺" on top. At the bottom, where the amounts are filled in, I put "$0.00".

Should I have to do this to be sure I don't get charged? No. Am I better off reducing the potential for error? Might be.

But I know I would rather take the few seconds to note the form than the longer time necessary to fix any mistake.

I definitely agree this is the way to go. It seems it is getting harder and harder to fix things after the fact. Like being charged for PG dinners when 5*. This has happened to us several times and even having Concierge services, it was like pulling teeth to get the charges removed.

Yeppers.

And nix to those damn strawberries too.

I definitely agree this is the way to go. It seems it is getting harder and harder to fix things after the fact. Like being charged for PG dinners when 5*. This has happened to us several times and even having Concierge services, it was like pulling teeth to get the charges removed.

Actually they did reverse mine without much problem after the snarky comment. I think when you involve others sometimes it just makes things more difficult because they don't have a vested interest. It seems others have had no problems when they didn't make the notes but I have and will continue to do it in the future.

I think it best that people write on their laundry slips that they are 4 star Mariner's.

Helps them out in the laundry room.

Agree - plus if doing so saves you from having to hassle with the front desk, its worth the tiny extra effort upfront.