NCL price guarantee

andy1fsufan

Getting ready for a cruise in March that we booked last year. I noticed there are better promotions offered now and I thought NCL had a price guarantee if you booked through them. The cruise consultant told us "no" and we would have had to make any changes 76 days out to avoid a penalty. Really??? ***. They were not budging and said "sorry, nothing we can do"? Not even offering a free mint on our pillow!!!!!

Once past final payment, they really owe you nothing! No price guarantee with any cruise line, except for the Super Saver rate with Carnival. ( I could be wrong about that, so someone please correct me. ) Sometimes, they will offer OBC, but that's not something to count on, either.

Enjoy your cruise and forget about it!

I noticed there are better promotions offered now and I thought NCL had a price guarantee if you booked through them.

Yes they do, for 48 hours. Otherwise it's just like Lady Arwen posted above.

"Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking."

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee

Edited by Demonyte

Once past final payment, they really owe you nothing! No price guarantee with any cruise line, except for the Super Saver rate with Carnival. ( I could be wrong about that, so someone please correct me. ) Sometimes, they will offer OBC, but that's not something to count on, either.

Enjoy your cruise and forget about it!

You were close...it is Early Saver rate with Carnival that price matches up to 2 days before the cruise leaves.

Super Saver is a last minute rate with Guarantee rooms.

Yes they do, for 48 hours. Otherwise it's just like Lady Arwen posted above.

"Just complete the "Best Price. Guaranteed." claim form and submit it online within 48 hours of making your booking."

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/best-price-guarantee

Yes, you are correct on that.....thanks for reminding us. I'd actually forgotten about the 48 hr after booking guarantee. However, since the OP booked a year ago it wouldn't apply.

You were close...it is Early Saver rate with Carnival that price matches up to 2 days before the cruise leaves.

Super Saver is a last minute rate with Guarantee rooms.

Thank you for posting the correct info! I had remembered that it was Carnival, but forgot the proper wording for the guarantee rate.

• 3 years later...

makes one hesitate to book early.  No real benefit except in cabin class.  NCL's policies have changed for lots of things (like bringing on bottled water or drones) and although after this year I will be close to Platinum, I am seriously considering moving my cruise line loyalty to Royal Caribbean.  They seem more passenger friendly.  Any thoughts?  I have not yet sailed with Royal.  We generally always get a suite (Haven on NCL) and Royal seems to have some nice suites and suite amenities.

I don't necessarily agree. I booked 11 months ago. When I saw a big drop in price I went into "chat" and within 10 minutes was offered an upgrade from balcony to mini suite and this was after final payment.  No it isn't a new price match but it was a pretty fair compensation. I don't expect when buy a large ticket item and months later they are on sale, to go in and get the difference in cash...  

55 minutes ago, cliffs56 said:

makes one hesitate to book early.  No real benefit except in cabin class.  NCL's policies have changed for lots of things (like bringing on bottled water or drones) and although after this year I will be close to Platinum, I am seriously considering moving my cruise line loyalty to Royal Caribbean.  They seem more passenger friendly.  Any thoughts?  I have not yet sailed with Royal.  We generally always get a suite (Haven on NCL) and Royal seems to have some nice suites and suite amenities.

To be honest, that's the price you pay for having your pick of the Haven cabins which is a benefit if you want a specific location.  You can always re-book if prices go down before final payment - you would probably get to keep the cabin you initially chose, but no guarantee.  After final payment, they owe you nothing, although they might give you OBC or FCC if there are still vacancies in the same category.  No vacancies, no price comparison, no credits.

Your other option is to book in a lower class and if prices drop, go for the upgrade. 

As to booking early, it all depends.  I booked during the BlackFriday sale and not only is my upcoming cruise sold out, it never even came close to the price I paid, plus the airfare deal couldn't be beat.  My upgrade bid was accepted when my cabin-class sold out shortly after final payment.  Sometimes prices do go up.

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

It might be 4 years old but not irrelevant, so using an old post is just as valid as creating a new post IMHO.

Except that many posters, especially when a thread becomes multiple pages, only read the first post. So they end up replying to giving advise to someone who took their cruise 4 years ago and no longer cares. And many miss the post near the end that brought it back up so whoever actually wanted information doesn't end up getting it.