Stay away from RC.

ajsimo12

i too am sorry you had a bad cruise... As far as your post, I read it just fine, don't know what the problem with others... when it's a good report i never saw anyone asking to break it up... some people can be rude!

The OP edited the original post so people could read it, go back an look at the edit time. People are asked to use paragraphs on many reviews if they post a huge block, whether good or bad.

I have no reason to believe the OP is not telling the truth. He/she has added additional clarifying comments and has shared their perspective.

A company the size of RCL is not going to get it right 100% of the time. There are hundreds of interactions that occur that can cause a bad overall experience. It's unfortunate that a number of situations occurred that resulted in the overall bad experience.

The only thing the company can do is take the experience and hopefully learn from it. As part of the answer to the OP's question... those experiences are not typical for most individuals.

Maybe it happened maybe it didn't go down quite as described, either way posting here is going to get you about as much satisfaction as the toy in the drawer , maybe contact corporate office , and speak to someone about your experience, I'm sure if it was as bad as you think it was there will be an investigation and perhaps compensation

Maybe it happened maybe it didn't go down quite as described, either way posting here is going to get you about as much satisfaction as the toy in the drawer , maybe contact corporate office , and speak to someone about your experience, I'm sure if it was as bad as you think it was there will be an investigation and perhaps compensation

Now I know why you are called Funbobby. Too funny :D

Edited by Karysa

I think it is fine to come here and vent if it makes you feel better. However, it really makes no sense to start off with "stay away from RCI". Most of us have a lot of experience with this cruise line and if we didn't like the product we would have decided for ourselves to stay away. The fact that we continue to cruise with RCI should tell you that whatever you experienced, it isn't the norm.

I'm so sorry you saved up and had such a rough time. It is hard to save for such a wonderful trip and have it go down the tube. This really isn't the norm for a Royal Caribbean ship AT ALL or even the porters. There are tons of us who cruise all the time and will agree w/ me that this is not the way rccl is ran. Try another rccl cruise in the future or if you're so angry and can't get over it, just try another cruiseline and enjoy cruising. I don't mean that to sound bad., I too would be very upset!!! Like the previous posts, ask RCCL to give you a call and fill out the survey. Good Luck

PS, please tell us what ship you were on and when you went

I'm so sorry you saved up and had such a rough time. It is hard to save for such a wonderful trip and have it go down the tube. This really isn't the norm for a Royal Caribbean ship AT ALL or even the porters. There are tons of us who cruise all the time and will agree w/ me that this is not the way rccl is ran. Try another rccl cruise in the future or if you're so angry and can't get over it, just try another cruiseline and enjoy cruising. I don't mean that to sound bad., I too would be very upset!!! Like the previous posts, ask RCCL to give you a call and fill out the survey. Good Luck

I believe the OP was on the navigator

To me the worst thing described by the poster is the unacceptable manner in which his room was cleaned. In fact, it doesn't sound like the room was cleaned. I couldn't bear to stay in that room until the supervisor had gone over it with a fine tooth comb...what we used to call a "white glove inspoection" in OTS.

I've been on nearly fifty cruises and the only uncleaned room I have ever encountered on a cruise was on a Carnival ship. What that tells me is such a mishap can happen on almost any cruiseline. Someone was taking shortcuts, was badly trained or just plain forgot to clean your room.

It seems that the OP experienced a very unfortunate confluence of events. My son is in the accounting and finance department of a resort hotel. His number one rule is never leave a hotel (or cruiseline) with a problem. Get it resolved while still on the ship. Any problem you may have encountered is much harder to resolve once you return home.

Finally, I think you should have accepted the free dinner in a premium restaurant. You certainly earned it. It wasn't a matter of feeling too much pride to accept a freebee. It wouldn't have been offered to you if the ship's staff thought you were being unreasonable or trying to cheat them.

Why should he try another RCI cruise? The OP had a substandard experience and has nothing to fall back on to know that this is unusual. Many people don't get a lot of vacation time and vacations are not cheap either. I would not risk my future time and money on a company that provided that experience. For better or worse, companies often get one shot to make a happy customer. If someone goes out and buys a Ford and the car turns out to be nothing but problems the chances are that their next car is not going to be a Ford.

To me the worst thing described by the poster is the unacceptable manner in which his room was cleaned. In fact, it doesn't sound like the room was cleaned. I couldn't bear to stay in that room until the supervisor had gone over it with a fine tooth comb...what we used to call a "white glove inspoection" in OTS.

I've been on nearly fifty cruises and the only uncleaned room I have ever encountered on a cruise was on a Carnival ship. What that tells me is such a mishap can happen on almost any cruiseline. Someone was taking shortcuts, was badly trained or just plain forgot to clean your room.

It seems that the OP experienced a very unfortunate confluence of events. My son is in the accounting and finance department of a resort hotel. His number one rule is never leave a hotel (or cruiseline) with a problem. Get it resolved while still on the ship. Any problem you may have encountered is much harder to resolve once you return home.

Finally, I think you should have accepted the free dinner in a premium restaurant. You certainly earned it. It wasn't a matter of feeling too much pride to accept a freebee. It wouldn't have been offered to you if the ship's staff thought you were being unreasonable or trying to cheat them.

That is the best advice ever! On our first, last and only Carnival cruise many years ago, we encountered multiple problems. Being new cruisers, we thought that we would write a well worded brief letter when we returned home. WRONG. We were initially ignored, and after getting our TA involved, we were offered a fruit basket :eek: and a one category upgrade on our next Carnival cruise....which we never took. :D

That is the best lesson we learned from the experience. :D

Why some of you give some people such a hard time when posting their experience is beyond my understanding. Cruise Critic is a forum for people to relay their cruise experience - good or bad. If you don't agree, say you don't agree, and keep it moving. If you understand and have compassion, same principle.

The OP had a HORRIBLE experience on a RC ship! Let him vent! He brought it to RC's attention while on board and it wasn't resolved. I can tell you right now, I would've been LIVID and trust and believe I, too, would not have accepted a meal offer!

Anyway, OP, sorry you had to experience that. Wishing a much better cruise experience with whatever cruise line choose[emoji4]

I love a good sex toy as much as the next person, but not a foreign "used" one hidden away in a cruise cabin drawer. Oily surfaces can be fun and quite enjoyable but not when the origin of the "oil" is unknown and untested. In other words, I prefer my cabin to be free of ****, old food stuffs, out-of-fashion clothing, etc. In all seriousness, sorry this happened to you, OP. I hope your next cruise on whatever cruise line is better!

I know its not that is why I am so upset. Why wont RC make this right?

They have made it right! I understand things can go wrong, but when they do, we say "Mai Bin Lye" (No problem) in Thai! After that everything is okay!

You should have accepted the Specialty Dinner! Very delicious! I also agree,

if you worked with your room steward, your room would have been kept immaculate afterwards! By going straight to Guest Services, you did not give

the steward the opportunity to fix the problem. In other words, Your Room Steward Loss Face in front of his peers and supervisor! In Thai or even Asian or

most Cultures that is very Bad! On any holiday, you will make the holiday a success or not! I make my cruises great because I know the world is not perfect and I overlook the mistakes of others! I hope your next cruise is full of

joy and happiness! Bon Voyage!

While in line waiting for the porter to take our luggage we over heard him VERY loudly cussing and complaining about how he was only getting small tips. This went on for the entire 5 min or so while we waited in line. He seemed to get louder and more angry as we got closer. When it was our turn he stuck his hand in my wife's face and said very roughly "do you have a tip for me"? We had decided not to tip him because of his language and attitude (VERY BAD DECISION). As we walked away we talked about what he might do to our luggage.

And as expected the handle on our suitcase was broken. Back to the customer service desk again. The person at the desk asked that we bring her the luggage and that they would try to fix it and if they could not that they would compensate us for the suitcase. She told us that she would call us the next morning to let us know the outcome. We were as polite as possible with her but upset by that time.

At the same time I asked about our luggage and was told that they could not fix it and was given a very poor quality suitcase would probably half of what I paid for the one that was broken. With out a call or any follow up we notice a $20 credit for our excursion and not a word (call) about the mix up.

One of the best ways to deal with a situation with such a porter, who is actually a very highly paid unionized longshoreman, is to take a photograph of him so he can be identified to the cruise line. In this case where he was constantly using bad language, intimidation and threats I would have done a video.

They are then very unlikely to carry on with their actions and carry out their threads if they realize you have done either of the above. ;)

Edited by robtulipe

One of the best ways to deal with a situation with such a porter, who is actually a very highly paid unionized longshoreman, is to take a photograph of him so he can be identified to the cruise line. In this case where he was constantly using bad language, intimidation and threats I would have done a video.

That seems somewhat risky since they handle your suitcases.

That seems somewhat risky since they handle your suitcases.

They could then be easily identify so do you really think they would be that foolish if they realized you had done so. I certainly wouldn't.

I would do so while waiting in line and after handing in my luggage if I saw this sort of action from any porter.

Actually I've only had a veiled thread once, where else but checking in for our very first RCI cruise many years ago when their ships sailed from the Hudson side of Manhattan, NYC. The porter basically said "How about a good tip so your bags will be very well taken care of" and I did give him a few $. He basically just threw our bags onto a cart and went on to intimidate his next victim. This was like 15 years ago. This was way before recording devices, especially video ones, were so readily available.

Edited by robtulipe

As far as the luggage, Well you tip! You might not like his language, but he handles your luggage. So therefore he is not going to take care of your luggage. I know everyone will say, it's their job to handle it tips or no tips, but guess what. That's reality! Kind of like you never piss off the person who handles your food. Those things you hear about, do happen in real life.

As far as the other things, well once again it's life. You have to make the best of it. The sex toy may or may not be a sex toy. The waiting for the rooms. Well maybe the person that was in that room was the last person off the ship. To make it seem that your whole vacation was ruined is a stretch. Just have to learn not to stress over the little things.