Price reduction

Mopsymillar

Thanks everyone. I suppose I just. feel a little silly for be so naive. To those of you who seem to think I'm just a winger -sorry to have bothered you. To everyone else- your suggestions have been greatly appreciated.

I called Princess UK today and was connected to a very nice young lady who told me they'd had lots of calls about this. She then went on to 're-book us into the same cabin at £750 less than we had originally paid !

That is excellent customer service. Still can't quite believe it !

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Again, you learned a valuable lesson here and sometimes you need to just take a minute and give princess a chance to remedy things first before getting so upset. If price is always your number one concern, you need to wait till after final payment is due (usually). You might view some people's responses here as negative, but the price market for cruises is supply and demand and there have been countless posts on this subject. Make sure you stay up-to-date on reading these threads to learn other valuable tips on cutting corners and getting the most out of your money. The amount of knowledge here can save you a ton of money and make your vacation so much more enjoyable. Everyone here shares the same common goal at the end of the day. Enjoy your cruise.

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Again, you learned a valuable lesson here and sometimes you need to just take a minute and give princess a chance to remedy things first before getting so upset. If price is always your number one concern, you need to wait till after final payment is due (usually). You might view some people's responses here as negative, but the price market for cruises is supply and demand and there have been countless posts on this subject. Make sure you stay up-to-date on reading these threads to learn other valuable tips on cutting corners and getting the most out of your money. The amount of knowledge here can save you a ton of money and make your vacation so much more enjoyable. Everyone here shares the same common goal at the end of the day. Enjoy your cruise.

1c6c64b.jpg

Thanks everyone. I suppose I just. feel a little silly for be so naive. To those of you who seem to think I'm just a winger -sorry to have bothered you. To everyone else- your suggestions have been greatly appreciated.

I called Princess UK today and was connected to a very nice young lady who told me they'd had lots of calls about this. She then went on to 're-book us into the same cabin at £750 less than we had originally paid !

Brilliant news, well done :)

You are not a winger, silly or naïve, this is what this site is for, to help people, unfortunately you do get some people who can't see that, but I suppose that is the same for all forum sites.

We have all been there not knowing what to do next and unless you ask you won't find out if there is an answer!

Finally well done Princess for coming up with Great Customer Service :)

Hi all, I'm very new to this. Have booked our first ever cruise. We will be on Emerald in May. I was so excited and have been trying to soak up as much information as I can from you guys. Unfortunately the excitement has gone entirely when I checked Princess website today to find that the cabin next to ours (same type) is now on sale for over £600 less than ours. Is it worth trying to do something about this or do I just have to put up with it. This has tainted my view of cruising before even setting foot on the ship! May be land based holidays from now on

Posters please take note that the OP is from the UK and we get altogether different deals than others say from US or Aus. I had an email today where the cruise DW and I had booked to the Med on the Emerald 03 Sep 2016 had been considerably reduced, by about a total of about £400, I phoned Princess and they were happy to reduce it but with the rider that I had to pay the full balance now and that I couldn't cancel it any time in the future. I jumped at the offer.:)

We're on the Emerald in May too. I've kept an eye on the price & have been in to our travel agents 3 times for a price drop, got it every time but lost our onboard credit, but are still up about £1000. The last time was 2 weeks before final payment, and we also had to pay balance there & then, and were told we couldn't have any more reductions.

When we originally book a cruise we make sure that we are happy paying the price at that time, then if we do get a price drop its a bonus. I would hate to miss out on a cruise we really wanted because we left it too late to book.

Diane

We were able to get three price reductions on the Emerald for the April transatlantic and the last time was after final payment but 2 days prior to when final payment was due. Since then the fare has gone down again but the cabin choices are not as good.

I had forgot to have the reservation marked as no upgrade and last week with no notice to me or the travel agent they "upgraded" my cabin from a BF to a BA. Technically this is an upgrade since the new cabin is in the middle of the ship three decks lower than my original cabin, but is by the elevators, in an area with 3 and 4 passenger cabins and is connected to another cabin. I caught the change and was able to get back my original cabin (after a 3 day wait).

It is interesting that Princess's lower deck cabins are much more expensive then some of the upper deck cabins where most of the other cruise companies, the cabins are more expensive the higher you are.

Great outcome for you! I am not as obsessive as some about monitoring fares but I do check every few weeks as my cruise time approaches until final payment. I have scored a lower fare once or twice.

I am glad this worked out for you. It is frustrating to feel like you significantly overpaid and as you are fairly new at this it makes it even more so. We had it happen once as well... we didn't get a rebook, but did get moved from a balcony to a mini-suite and so were thankful for that. Enjoy your trip (and your savings!)

Just got a price reduction on my July 2016 Emerald Scandinavian cruise. The different in OBC (from $150 to $50) still lowered the overall price of the cruise by almost $150 each.

my fare drop was a difference of $600, lost $200 in OBC but the I still saved

$400 for the cruise.

I booked early with the cabin I wanted at the higher price, watched the fares over time did the math and called princess to get the lower fare

I have found princess customer service reps to be very accommodating getting the lower fare was not an issue. final payment not due till April 04.

We are on the Emerald in July. We book 2 cabins (balcony and inside) and are willing to pay the rate at that point. However, I am diligent to check to see if we can get a better deal, which, I am happy to say that the July 9 sailing also dropped yesterday. We lost our pre-paid gratuities and specialty dining (which we never use anyway), but even with paying the gratuities, between the 2 cabins we saved $3000. Woo hoo! That is a huge amount, especially with our oldest starting college in the fall. That being said, we go into it with the realization that the price may not fall, and will only book if we are ready to pay the price we book at.