Receiving confirmation emails of online (dining/excursion) purchases?

sppunk

I bought an excursion and two dinner reservations last week and never received any email confirmation.

Didn't they used to send those? Has anyone also not received a confirmation?

I ask mainly because I booked Tamarind for 2 ($40) and in my itinerary it is showing up as only for 1, so I'm confused. That's for both (two different night) reservations.

Thanks!

Edited by sppunk

I got an email when I booked the Tam a couple of months ago which read "Guest 1 Quantity 2 $40". I checked my itinerary just now and it reads "Reserved for 1". I'm not worried about it, though, because I don't think there's a solo table in the place! ;)

Edited by jtl513

I got an email when I booked the Tam a couple of months ago which read "Guest 1 Quantity 2 $40". I checked my itinerary just now and it reads "Reserved for 1". I'm not worried about it, though, because I don't think there's a solo table in the place! ;)

I figured the (1) WS a reference in the number of bales and not people, so that makes sense. Thanks for confirming!

No emails though. Weird.

I booked a shore excursion and two specialty restaurants on Saturday night for my husband and myself. The shore ex was listed on my itinerary right away, with both our names on it.

Both the specialty restaurants were listed like this:

Host: My Name

Reserved for: 1

I was confused by this (thinking it meant 1 person dining) and I didn't receive any email confirmations for the restaurants or the excursion bookings.

Called today and got clarification (the restaurant bookings are for the two of us) and I received an email of everything I've pre-purchased in a list format broken down for each of us (including another shore excursion I booked last week that I had received email confirmation of).

I booked 2 shore excursions today. Got a confirmation for one but not for the other. When I printed out my itinerary it showed both excursions booked. I will call tomorrow for the second confirmation since I always like to have a copy with me.

Helen

I booked a shore excursion and two specialty restaurants on Saturday night for my husband and myself. The shore ex was listed on my itinerary right away, with both our names on it.

I was confused by this (thinking it meant 1 person dining) and I didn't receive any email confirmations for the restaurants or the excursion bookings.

Called today and got clarification (the restaurant bookings are for the two of us) and I received an email of everything I've pre-purchased in a list format broken down for each of us (including another shore excursion I booked last week that I had received email confirmation of).

Did you call Ships Services for this?

I thought I wasn't getting the emails either, but then I noticed I was receiving them but the sender was listed as "internet_purchases". Since I buy a lot of stuff on the internet I thought it was from someone else. Holland America was listed in the subject box, but not the from box. I think HAL could do a better job of saying who these emails are from.

I called Ship Services yesterday to book a Cabana and no confirmation was sent. So I called today and was told one would not be sent unless requested. A request was made and one should be arriving shortly.

Yes, you do have to ask for a confirmations for the cabanas. Make sure to take it with you just in case. They had no record of my purchase on my last cruise but luckily I had the paperwork. I've never had a problem before.

Yes, you do have to ask for a confirmations for the cabanas. Make sure to take it with you just in case. They had no record of my purchase on my last cruise but luckily I had the paperwork. I've never had a problem before.

That is what I wanted to avoid.

Had the same problem. Called 1-800-541-1576 and within a few minutes they sent the email confirmation which showed the correct number of persons on the dining reservation.

When we made final payment about 2 months ago for our upcoming April cruise I had made reservations for the Canaletto, and those reservations showed the host (me) and a total of 2 guests as I had indicated. Recently I booked a Pinnacle grill dinner for DH and myself. I got charged for the two dinners, and my itinerary says I am the host of that dinner, but there is only 1 reservation when I indicated 2 guests total and I was charged for 2. So I will have to call and get that confirmed I guess, you are not the only one having confirmation issues.

Lorie

Edited by galensgrl
add info

3 days ago I booked a reservation on the "indulgences Packages" page or so I thought. But I looked at my reservation yesterday & couldn't find it. It was for 2 of us for dinners in the Pinnacle and Canaletto. We are not sailing until Feb. 2017, but my credit card did go thru, and I printed off the confirmation which said I would get a confirmation email "shortly". Haven't received the email nor does it show up on my bank register. Where do I look for the confirmation on my reservation? Thanks.

This is part of what the email confirmation says when I booked on 2/28.

Tamarind Restaurant - 5:30 pm request

Guest 1 xxx xx, 2016, 05:30 PM

Meal : DINNER, Quantity: 2 US$40.00

So it shows one guest but a quantity of two dinners.