Reaction To The reimagined Journey

BillC

I had the opportunity to tour the Journey yesterday while it was in LA. WOW! The rooms look great, but unfortunately the spa suites are still a work in progress. The other rooms and suites are wonderful, particularly the Owner's Suite which has a great new bathroom setup. The tubs in the suites are much lower but grab bars are still to be installed. The most impressive area to me is the Living Room, which has been magically transformed into many semi-private areas - a card room, a luxurious sitting area, a mini-Mosaic with new coffee machines, and on the port side a fantastic tapas / specialty wine bar area that will serve 4 sparkling, 5 sauvignon blancs, 4 chardonays, 3 merlots, 5 cabernets, 20 alternative red / white wines and 2 desert wines. There is also an semi-private area next to the wine bar that you can arrange for private tastings and gatherings. Another wonderful change is in the buffet wher the seating has been completely upgrades with many tables or 2 that can be moved together, if you want. The new LCV / cruise sales area on deck 4 is also great since it now has 2 private desk stations. The concierge desk has now moved into where the LCV desk was before. All in all a very nice set of enhancements.

I had the opportunity to tour the Journey yesterday while it was in LA. WOW! The rooms look great, but unfortunately the spa suites are still a work in progress. The other rooms and suites are wonderful, particularly the Owner's Suite which has a great new bathroom setup. The tubs in the suites are much lower but grab bars are still to be installed. The most impressive area to me is the Living Room, which has been magically transformed into many semi-private areas - a card room, a luxurious sitting area, a mini-Mosaic with new coffee machines, and on the port side a fantastic tapas / specialty wine bar area that will serve 4 sparkling, 5 sauvignon blancs, 4 chardonays, 3 merlots, 5 cabernets, 20 alternative red / white wines and 2 desert wines. There is also an semi-private area next to the wine bar that you can arrange for private tastings and gatherings. Another wonderful change is in the buffet wher the seating has been completely upgrades with many tables or 2 that can be moved together, if you want. The new LCV / cruise sales area on deck 4 is also great since it now has 2 private desk stations. The concierge desk has now moved into where the LCV desk was before. All in all a very nice set of enhancements.

It is all sounding great :)

Thanks for your insights Bill. We also loved the Living Room, and I believe it's going to be one of the most popular indoor venues on the ship. While we were very pleased with all of the Journey updates, this venue was one of the highlights - especially with the addition of the Tapas Bar - the treats were wonderful !

Surprised to hear the Spa suites are not completed yet. I thought they were ! Hopefully, they will be completed very soon.

Edited by Host Andy

I have been told that the CC Meet & Greet used to be scheduled in the Looking Glass. Will the new Living Room configuration be suitable?

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

Yes, it will be perfectly fine.

Hi Host Jazzbeau,

Yes, it will be perfectly fine.

I certainly hope they revert back to using it - on Quest they've been using the Deck5 show lounge which is not a great venue for it

I certainly hope they revert back to using it - on Quest they've been using the Deck5 show lounge which is not a great venue for it

Interesting UKtog. They used the Living Room on Journey a few weeks ago.

The most impressive area to me is the Living Room, which has been magically transformed into many semi-private areas - a card room, a luxurious sitting area, a mini-Mosaic with new coffee machines, and on the port side a fantastic tapas / specialty wine bar area that will serve 4 sparkling, 5 sauvignon blancs, 4 chardonays, 3 merlots, 5 cabernets, 20 alternative red / white wines and 2 desert wines.

We won't have an upgraded drinks package and assume these wines aren't included in the basic package. Have you any idea how much these wines cost? Thanks.

We won't have an upgraded drinks package and assume these wines aren't included in the basic package. Have you any idea how much these wines cost? Thanks.

Good question, as I understand it, unless they changed their plans, no drinks package includes upgraded wines

I too would like to know the price range.

It still seems to me to be 'unusual' to present 3 different liquor packages in Azamara's more to love offer. I do think Azamara has missed a trick here as I would have looked favourably on the idea of a more inclusive beverage package as we are not spirit drinkers but enjoy water, beer, wine and cocktails.

I have been told that the CC Meet & Greet used to be scheduled in the Looking Glass. Will the new Living Room configuration be suitable?

Living Room was where our Meet and Greet was held Monday on the Journey. When it started the room was very crowded and they had to ask several guests to move to make space for CC guests. Everyone was polite about moving but I didn't like the feel of displacing people. Tony made the comment that he preferred the Drawing Room. If the meet and greet had been held on the first sea day in the AM, the Living Room would had been a nice setting, but the Living Room now is too popular to hold events there between 5 and 8 pm. Last night we couldn't get a seat at 5:30. There was a special event on one side so it was overflowing with people.

Unfortunately the alarm clocks have not been changed, which will allow Johannes to continue using his " what's the reason why you continue to sail on Azamara " joke.

To answer another question, I heard that one of the containers that had additional seating for the Living Room was lost, and has yet to arrive. Eventually there will be more capacity in the Living Room which should make it a good venue for the M & M. Hopefully all will be well by the time we board on March 26th. The Drawing Room only works for a very small M & M.

Unfortunately the alarm clocks have not been changed, which will allow Johannes to continue using his " what's the reason why you continue to sail on Azamara " joke.