Oasis is moving...

Yes, yes you do. :)

I'm jealous. Have a great cruise!

Dan

LOL! Thanks! Yup, even living down here in port heavy Florida, we natives do fly to

other ports sometimes. ;)

Looking forward to our B2B on Radiance. :)

I'm a bit disappointed, to be honest.

RC in Port Canaveral will now just have Majesty doing the 3/4 nighters (which I think is a mistake since now Carnival has their newer and bigger Victory doing basically the same thing) ...and Oasis for the 7 day cruises.

Nothing in between .. and nothing for people who don't like the Oasis class or have any intention of paying the prices being charged for Oasis. Not everyone is a fan of this class.

I think RC is gonna get squeezed out of Port Canaveral ... by both Carnival and by Norwegian (which is building up a pretty impressive presence there .. AND basing their Epic there .)

Wish RC could have done better than the 2 extremes of their fleet for PC. No good (IMO)

Agree.

Hi Island Girl. We have moved to Cocoa Beach full time after going back and forth to Lakeland for 6 years. Now just go back for Dr appts card group and husband checks into office. We will be on inaugural Oasis cruise out of Port Canaveral. Glad to welcome her to our area. Will miss Enchantment and surprised RC is bringing in Majesty. Carnival will get many passengers with their variety of ships and days of cruising.

Hi Island Girl. We have moved to Cocoa Beach full time after going back and forth to Lakeland for 6 years. Now just go back for Dr appts card group and husband checks into office. We will be on inaugural Oasis cruise out of Port Canaveral. Glad to welcome her to our area. Will miss Enchantment and surprised RC is bringing in Majesty. Carnival will get many passengers with their variety of ships and days of cruising.

Hope to see you on the Oasis inaugural at PC. We have a meet up next month at Fishlips and would love for you to join us!

Going on Enchantment in 3 weeks and will say goodbye to her.😩

Going with my favorite people though.😊

Well hello you two! :) Congrats on your move to Cocoa Beach full time! Agree, will miss Enchantment dearly (Majesty is not a good trade off :( ). With Harmony replacing Oasis, Freedom's move to Ft. Lauderdale was just an extra ship for them as it is not actually trading spots with Oasis down there. I wish Freedom could have stayed here in PC, with the ideal situation picking up the Saturday slot offering perhaps 9-12 night cruises out of here. Instead we get NCL Epic. :eek: :( RCI is falling behind the competition here.

Hope to sail with you again soon.

Edited by island lady

We are happy Oasis is moving closer to home...I know we are so spoiled to live an hour away from PC, we always grumble a bit as we pass that exit on our way south the few times we sail from Miami or Ft Lauderdale LOL. And I'm totally disappointed with Enchantment's move too. I like a balcony, but don't always want to spend the $$ to get the JS on Majesty to get one.

I am sad that we are losing Freedom because that is my favorite class ship, but Dh loved Oasis when we sailed her back in 2013. I have the first cruise out of PC on Oasis booked, which will be an 8 nighter. I booked it when it first came out online and got an o.k. price. Now it is a ridiculous price for a balcony!

I also have the first sailing of Epic booked out of PC in November, which is the following week.

We are going to do one ship or the other, not both, but I won't know until May which one we will be sailing. We have season tickets to the Bucs and don't want to miss any home games, so the schedule will be out in May and that will decide which ship.

I sailed NCL for the first time in November on their new ship, Escape, and really loved it.

My life also revolves around NFL. I miss out on prime season in the NC mountains in the fall every year because of waiting for the Jags schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

You get no sympathy from us that need to fly to Florida to go on a cruise! :-)

Dan

That's what I thought after reading that. They don't know how lucky they are to be so close to so many ports only a few hours from them. I almost chocked from laughing.

How about further north but still their ships could sail the Caribbean ports, like building one at Jacksonville (or Savannah, GA)?.

I think that Savannah would be an excellent port of embarkation for many in the southeast. One HUGE source of passengers would be the city of Atlanta, with a population of over 5 million (currently one of the top 10 most populous metro areas in the country).

Currently, Atlanta's closest "drive to" ports are Mobile, Jacksonville, and Charleston, all about 5 hours away, and all served exclusively or mostly by Carnival's old Fantasy class ships. Savannah is a little over 3 hours away. If another cruise line like Royal made Savannah a home port and brought a decent ship (and by decent I mean ANY ship) they would easily capture a big part of the market currently flocking to other nearby ports.

Edited by Tapi

My life also revolves around NFL. I miss out on prime season in the NC mountains in the fall every year because of waiting for the Jags schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Finally, someone that understands my dilemma! I can't cruise 8 weekends of the year for home football games. I try to look at the positive and see that I CAN cruise 44 weekends of the year! Lol!

Go Bucs!😊😊🏈🏈

We choose Allure in December because of the hideous review of the show CATS and the men wanted Sambas, which in not on Oasis.

Mama Mia was terrific. Sambas was not as good as it was 4 years ago.

We live a lot closer to Canaveral. Decisions, decisions.

Maybe it is time to try Oasis. There is plenty to do even if we skip CATS.

For us, Samba was one of the very few let downs of the Allure.

That's what I thought after reading that. They don't know how lucky they are to be so close to so many ports only a few hours from them. I almost chocked from laughing.

Lucky??!! LOL!! You got me laughing too. I was born, raised, and worked most of

my adult life in Michigan. Finally got tired of the cold, drab winters and moved to

Florida. Luck had nothing to do with it. ;)

Still plenty of room down here, come on down and join us! :D

But in the summer, when we are sweltering down here in "The Swamp", you are

"lucky" to be up north where it is cooler.

No place is perfect to live, you make the most of it. :)

Edited by island lady

We choose Allure in December because of the hideous review of the show CATS and the men wanted Sambas, which in not on Oasis.

We live a lot closer to Canaveral. Decisions, decisions.

Maybe it is time to try Oasis. There is plenty to do even if we skip CATS.

Here is what I wrote about CATS after we returned from Oasis last year. And if you are interested in reading it, I'll give you the link to the thread where I wrote about the cruise in general.....

Since there has been so much discussion about “CATS” on this board I thought I’d put in my two cents now that I’ve sailed. I was not going to go to the show but I did end up going just to be with the family. I haven‘t read that much good about it on these boards and I think it is way too long in duration for a cruise ship so I attended with a very jaded attitude. Now that I have seen it I still think it is too long for a cruise ship, it isn’t big on story line, BUT I completely enjoyed it. The talent and costumes were phenomenal and I think knowing a bit about the story line from what I have read on these boards and doing a little reading also helped. I am so glad that I did not miss this show and I actually felt like the time flew by. The show may not be for everyone but that is how art is. Whether it is a show, music, a painting, or jewelry some people will find it appealing and others won’t. There were some people who walked out before the first act was even over and others who did not return after intermission. I attended a C&A back stage event and one woman let the production manager know in no uncertain terms that she hated the show and felt RCI was wasting its money and should get rid of it. If I sail on Oasis again while the show is still playing I suspect that I will invest the time into seeing the show again. I enjoyed it that much. I would much rather see a too long but quality show over some cheesy RC Singers and Dancers show. The only thing I would say is that RCI should give some thought to the times that they schedule it for. There was only one evening show and two other showings in the middle of the afternoon. People do not leave winter behind and take a cruise to the Caribbean to sit inside in the middle of a sunny afternoon at sea. It would make much more sense to me to schedule 45 minute “Come Fly With Me” in the afternoon rather than 2hr and 30 min “CATS”.

And here is the link.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2308157

Thanks for the review...Cats is one show I haven't seen, and I'm looking forward to it. I agree, everything in life is subjective. 2.5 hours for a ships show does seem very long, more like the length of a typical Broadway show. Did they edit Chicago and Hairspray? I don't remember either being that long.

Here is what I wrote about CATS after we returned from Oasis last year. And if you are interested in reading it, I'll give you the link to the thread where I wrote about the cruise in general.....

Since there has been so much discussion about “CATS” on this board I thought I’d put in my two cents now that I’ve sailed. I was not going to go to the show but I did end up going just to be with the family. I haven‘t read that much good about it on these boards and I think it is way too long in duration for a cruise ship so I attended with a very jaded attitude. Now that I have seen it I still think it is too long for a cruise ship, it isn’t big on story line, BUT I completely enjoyed it. The talent and costumes were phenomenal and I think knowing a bit about the story line from what I have read on these boards and doing a little reading also helped. I am so glad that I did not miss this show and I actually felt like the time flew by. The show may not be for everyone but that is how art is. Whether it is a show, music, a painting, or jewelry some people will find it appealing and others won’t. There were some people who walked out before the first act was even over and others who did not return after intermission. I attended a C&A back stage event and one woman let the production manager know in no uncertain terms that she hated the show and felt RCI was wasting its money and should get rid of it. If I sail on Oasis again while the show is still playing I suspect that I will invest the time into seeing the show again. I enjoyed it that much. I would much rather see a too long but quality show over some cheesy RC Singers and Dancers show. The only thing I would say is that RCI should give some thought to the times that they schedule it for. There was only one evening show and two other showings in the middle of the afternoon. People do not leave winter behind and take a cruise to the Caribbean to sit inside in the middle of a sunny afternoon at sea. It would make much more sense to me to schedule 45 minute “Come Fly With Me” in the afternoon rather than 2hr and 30 min “CATS”.

And here is the link.....

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2308157

Completely agree with your review. We on board 2 weeks ago. The cast of Cats were excellent and the 3 mid week performances in Dazzles, Jazz on 4 etc were excellent. Probably in fact one of the strongest casts we have seen in our 36 cruises. Cats itself is not my fav musical by far but it's a a terrific production. Also agree the timing of the shows were dreadful. We did go in the afternoon. Evening show times did not work well with dinner plans at all. I also don't think we need a full production it could be scaled back a little.

Happy cruising.

Majesty is not a good trade off :(

There are of course others, DW and I among them, who believe the opposite, that moving a Sovereign-class back to PC is RC correcting their previous mistake. Add to that Oasis replacing Freedom, and I think this is a win-win at Canaveral.

Edited by yj_eugene
Added Oasis comment

There are of course others, DW and I among them, who believe the opposite, that moving a Sovereign-class back to PC is RC correcting their previous mistake. Add to that Oasis replacing Freedom, and I think this is a win-win at Canaveral.

Agree we previously loved the little Monarch, and sailed with her several times. It was the crew, not really the ship, that we loved. We prefer mid size ships, as we enjoy having the extra features not available on the Majesty, without being too large. Majesty also does not have balcony cabins, unless you pay extra for a JS. Now there will be nothing in the middle to choose from out of PC now.

For us, Oasis is too big and Majesty too small. It is all a matter of personal taste, and just wish there was a third choice somewhere in the middle. Freedom went to Grand Cayman from PC, Oasis does a "day at sea" since she cannot go there. Will miss that port.

Was hoping the Saturday slot would be filled with an RCI mid size ship. Instead, it is NCL taking

that spot at terminal 1. :(

Edited by island lady

Booked it when I first heard, got an awesome deal for our November cruise, we live 15 minutes from the port

So did we! Last fall we were on Enchantment for a quick getaway, and less than an hour after boarding DH said let's book Oasis first Canaveral run lol.

And speaking again of our loss of Enchantment...not only does Majesty lack non-suite balcony cabins, I don't think it has CL or DL either. I know there will be a Diamond time in the VCL, but I'm going to miss my special coffee machine lol.

So did we! Last fall we were on Enchantment for a quick getaway, and less than an hour after boarding DH said let's book Oasis first Canaveral run lol.

And speaking again of our loss of Enchantment...not only does Majesty lack non-suite balcony cabins, I don't think it has CL or DL either. I know there will be a Diamond time in the VCL, but I'm going to miss my special coffee machine lol.

You are absolutely right on the lack of features on Majesty. We did not miss not having the DL/CL on twin sister Monarch when we cruised with her, since we had not attained D perk status at that time. After which, and having experienced the extra features on a mid size ship, we were very pleased when we started sailing on the Radiance series. That is the series I was dearly hoping would come to PC. Sigh...:(

We booked Oasis for January. Won't be booking Majesty.

Edited by island lady

we were very pleased when we started sailing on the Radiance series. That is the series I was dearly hoping would come to PC. Sigh...:(

Probably won't happen, at least until most of the fleet has scrubbers installed. The gas turbine engines on that class are too valuable for use elsewhere because of their lower emissions.