Quick review of the BEST Celebrity (Equinox) cruise, EVER!!

Elusive_Cruiser

We were on the February 12th 10-day Equinox cruise and I must admit, this cruise topped all (and we’ve not had a bad cruise ever!)

Cannot really pin down any one thing that made this so awesome – it was really just a culmination of many great things.

The food, in every venue, was the best we’ve had on any Celebrity ship (buffet, dining room, Mast Grill, Tuscan & Murano, Aqua spa).

Other than the Tuscan Grill, the service we received was over the top. We were Select dining, and on the first night, found an awesome team (Thanks so much Dejan, Robert and sommelier William) and we simply felt spoilt every night we were in their section (most nights!!). I’m not sure what was going on at the Tuscan Grill – appeared to be a less than stellar bus girl and she was throwing off the entire team, but that was the worst service we’ve experienced on Celebrity – thankfully the food was outstanding.

Our cabin steward was not over the top, but he did a good job.

Captain Leo was our captain until the last port day. Man, is he ever engaging! Really enjoyed him. Normally do not really pay much attention to the captains, but he was one we really noticed.

Really loved the new slush bar on the Resort deck. Actually only tried one – the Cool Hand Cuke – which I ordered with ‘more cuke, a little less mint’. Very refreshing and enjoyable. I visited more than once :D

We were in cabin #2106, on the Resort deck. Really love the location, but have changed cabin for future cruises. The noise from the sliding doors and men’s washroom above just doesn’t cut it for light sleepers. I’m a little sad about this! (we’ve stayed in this cabin in the past, on three ships – they are all the same, unfortunately)

Happy to answer any questions.

Happy Sails!

Patricia

Thank you for the review. We have 2106 for our 11/2016 cruise on Equinox and had this cabin on Eclipse in 2014, our favorite C2 cabin.

Hmmm. We were on Equinox 11/2015 and the man at the Slush Bar was very non-engaging.

New guy or just found a drink you liked? I would love to give it another chance this year.

Equinox is our favorite ship in the fleet. Sounds like you had a great cruise! Thanks for the report.

Thank you for the review. We have 2106 for our 11/2016 cruise on Equinox and had this cabin on Eclipse in 2014, our favorite C2 cabin.

Hmmm. We were on Equinox 11/2015 and the man at the Slush Bar was very non-engaging.

New guy or just found a drink you liked? I would love to give it another chance this year.

Equinox is our favorite ship in the fleet. Sounds like you had a great cruise! Thanks for the report.

Did you have sound issues in #2106? As I said, we LOVE the location.

The bartender at Slush is interesting... the first few times I was there, he did his job, and was, as you said, non-engaging. The 3rd time I went, he looked at me and said "The same? More cuke, less mint?". After that, he would greet me with "Hi, Mrs. Patricia - the same?" On my last day, I went to grab some pictures, and he was actually quite comical. I think, by nature, he's a little shy (interesting quality for a bartender).

Interesting, we have this cabin, 2106, on the Reflection in April and it's an A1 (Aqua class) cabin. I wonder why it's a C2 on other ships?

It will be our first Aqua class cabin and I am looking forward to the location....and neither of us are light sleepers when cruising, so the noise from above shouldn't be a problem.

Interesting, we have this cabin, 2106, on the Reflection in April and it's an A1 (Aqua class) cabin. I wonder why it's a C2 on other ships?

It will be our first Aqua class cabin and I am looking forward to the location....and neither of us are light sleepers when cruising, so the noise from above shouldn't be a problem.

Reflection is different than Equinox. 2106 is quite a bit more forward than on the Equinox. Totally different ships, I think.

I thought all the Solstice class ships were pretty much alike. Thanks for your response.

I only know that the Eclipse, Equinox and Silhouette are sister ships and very similar and I've been on all three and can confirm this! Having said that, I went to book a C1 aft cabin on the Silhouette, thinking it was the same as the Equinox, and it was not.

There are subtle differences between all the sisters - while the ships basically look the same, they are clearly all not from the same parents :D

Did your drink package cover the slush drinks? If so which package did you have?

Yes, it did. We had the premium package - not sure if the Classic package would cover this, but I think so. "All Frozen Drinks $11" - we always have the premium, not sure about the classic limits.

I thought all the Solstice class ships were pretty much alike. Thanks for your response.

Yes, and no. The Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse Have the exact same deck plans. The Silhouette and the Reflection are identical in the fact that Deck 12 (the Resort Deck) has staterooms that continue all the way forward. Essentially, the Reflection and the Silhouette have an extra deck. Go to the X site and check out the deck plans.

Did you have sound issues in #2106? As I said, we LOVE the location.

The bartender at Slush is interesting... the first few times I was there, he did his job, and was, as you said, non-engaging. The 3rd time I went, he looked at me and said "The same? More cuke, less mint?". After that, he would greet me with "Hi, Mrs. Patricia - the same?" On my last day, I went to grab some pictures, and he was actually quite comical. I think, by nature, he's a little shy (interesting quality for a bartender).

No, on Eclipse we had no noise issues. But then we have never had a noise in any location so I think we may be more oblivious to noise outside the cabin.

It is a great location. We had it for New Years Eve on Eclipse. When the celebrations were making us want to be in a quieter area, we took the 12 steps from the pool (not sure how many steps) to our cabin. Awesome!

That is interesting about that bar tender. It's funny, I work with foreign students and I can usually develop a good rapport with people but this guy wouldn't crack a smile! I think I went 3 times. If I upgrade next cruise, I may give him another try.:p

Yes, and no. The Solstice, Equinox, Eclipse Have the exact same deck plans. The Silhouette and the Reflection are identical in the fact that Deck 12 (the Resort Deck) has staterooms that continue all the way forward. Essentially, the Reflection and the Silhouette have an extra deck. Go to the X site and check out the deck plans.

I believe Reflection is the only ship that messed up the decks so badly. Totally ruined the Skyview lounge.

And for that reason, it is the only S class ship we will avoid.

Thanks for your review! Glad you liked the Slush bar so much- that's one of the reasons I plan to upgrade to the premium package at some point... I love slushie drinks and want to try every drink on their menu!! Can't wait to be on board in just over a week :D

• 3 months later...

Hi, I see that you stayed in cabin 2016 this April and am wondering how you liked it. We are staying in the same cabin in September and I must admit that I am a little worried about noise. My husband is a restless sleeper and I hope that being under the pool desk won't be an issue.

Did you enjoy the larger balcony? Any other feedback you can provide? Might you have any pictures of the cabin?

I hope you enjoyed your cruise and don't mind the questions.

I believe Reflection is the only ship that messed up the decks so badly. Totally ruined the Skyview lounge.

And for that reason, it is the only S class ship we will avoid.

Yup..once was enough for us..truncated Lounge on same deck as the Solarium....spa is located upstairs from Solarium area.(incovenient.)

The large circular bar outside aft blocks nice views and makes enjoying music out there difficult...Many regulars hog the bar seats for long periods...

Pool , Blu and bar areas crowded...we sailed from Miami..with the Miami DJs..cruise had a loud party vibe...not our style.

Maybe other itins will be more Modern Luxury but we prefer other S class ships! Equinox is tops..also like Silhouette.

Edited by hcat

Hi' date=' I see that you stayed in cabin 2016 this April and am wondering how you liked it. We are staying in the same cabin in September and I must admit that I am a little worried about noise. My husband is a restless sleeper and I hope that being under the pool desk won't be an issue.

Did you enjoy the larger balcony? Any other feedback you can provide? Might you have any pictures of the cabin?

I hope you enjoyed your cruise and don't mind the questions.[/quote']

We were in cabin 2106 (not 2016). And it was perfect.

Not noisy at all. One time I heard what sounded like a chair getting moved above us for a few seconds, but without a doubt the cabin was very quiet.

The balcony was large and I especially liked that the wind on the balcony was minimal because of it's shape. We used it quite a lot.

The Spa is just steps away (out the door, a few steps down the hall, and across the elevator bank, and there it is)...made it very easy to get to the Persian Gardens, which we used a few times and loved. And if you are Elite, the evening cocktail hour is in the Sky Lounge which is one flight up (stairs or elevator) and a few steps away....also a lovely place to hang out during the day.

I would take this cabin again in a heartbeat!