Stockholder OBC benefit extended

caribill

I wonder what it would do to stock prices if they ever discontinued the program. It's been a pretty good buy, but the only reason that I bought it was due to the onboard credit.

Probably nothing. RCL still advertises the benefit, but it's almost impossible to actually get it [you have to pay rack rate -- and there's always some deal, including the past passenger discount, that conflicts with it] -- but their stock has actually gone up much more than CCL [and as a result pays a much lower % dividend]. All I can figure is that the market feels CCL has reached such high market penetration that it can't expand much more, while RCL has a ways to go to catch up? Anyway, I'm taking my profits on the RCL purchase but holding on to CCL.

Depends on the length of the cruise

6 days or less $50

7-13 days $100

14 days or more $250

just noticed you are from UK

25 euro 6 days

50 euro 7-13

125 euro 4 or more

Except that we use the pound in the UK but it'ts still quoted in $US. Only quoted in pounds for P&O Cruises:D

All I can figure is that the market feels CCL has reached such high market penetration that it can't expand much more,
All you had to say was "the market feels" which means some bean counter Wall Street guru wants to make a quick profit or sale - they are most often wrong but will drive the price to a self fulfilling prophecy based on no real facts.

THANKS, Carnival Corporation, for extending this shareholder benefit. We really appreciate it !!!

Edited by Times Prince

Carnival share price has been dropping here in the UK but the next divided is due 16th June @$0.35.

How long has the current rate of OBC been payable? When do you think they are likely to review it and hopefully increase it bearing in mind the cost of cruising these days.

Question please,if say you purchase a cruise that has obc included,and then can you add further obc on top if you have carnival shares.:)

Yes, you can combine the other types of OBC to that of the stock OBC. Princess let you combine all types of OBC unlike other cruise lines.

Question please,if say you purchase a cruise that has obc included,and then can you add further obc on top if you have carnival shares.:)

Yes unlike other cruiselines Princess allows you to stack OBC such as FCC OBC, Veterans OBC and stockholder OBC. We always get all three.

Anyone have a link to the form with the new dates? I can never find the darn things!

There is no form to fill out. Go to http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit and click on the "shareholder benefit" which will bring up an adobe page with where to mail or fax your request. It also tells what information has to be included in the mail/fax. I always fax ours using a free online fax service and Princess usually posts it in 24 hours or less (during the business week less holidays of course).

Anyone have a link to the form with the new dates? I can never find the darn things!

So do I but the last one I found should be HERE.

At the top of the form you'll see "download your file now" so you can complete the form & either mail or fax it to Princess.

Thanks satxdiver. I always lose that web address & like to fill in a form. It somehow seems more complete.

Edited by floridalover5623

Yes unlike other cruiselines Princess allows you to stack OBC such as FCC OBC, Veterans OBC and stockholder OBC. We always get all three.

There is no form to fill out. Go to http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit and click on the "shareholder benefit" which will bring up an adobe page with where to mail or fax your request. It also tells what information has to be included in the mail/fax. I always fax ours using a free online fax service and Princess usually posts it in 24 hours or less (during the business week less holidays of course).

Thanks! I always have used a form, but I have No idea where I can find the updated ones.

I'm a bit spoiled, but my TA is always willing to submit the info for the stock OBC. I just email her a PDF of my statement and I'm good to go. Grateful to not have to worry about faxing and finding what needs to go with submission.:)