Adventure 2/27 mini review. Our least favorite, but still a good cruise.

To th OP. As you may have read my live review everyday on Adventure sailing 3/5/16 on the Adventure board, we differ greatly in our experiences.

Here are two things that made the difference between you and I.

I was invited to tour the galley. The guide specifically stated that ALL food for the WJ is prepared in the 3rd floor galley, then transported to WJ In elevators. WJ does not cook the burgers or fries. Johnny Rocket's on the other hand makes fresh to order burgers that you can watch them make and cook on the grill just for you if you sit at the counter. They also fresh fry their own fries and rings to order.

So your claim of a scam on JR's part falls on deaf ears.

Also we stay in a Grand Suites or higher. Suite stateroom attendants get paid more from the start that those serving your class of cabin. Also, our suite 1260, deck 10 had no visible rust and the carpeting was in perfect condition.

Our attendant in our suite, Marianne, serviced our room three times each and every day. Both my wife and I take at least two showers a day. New and fresh towels three times a day. Again, this is my opinion and experience: sometimes you get what you pay for. Try a Grand Suite or higher next time.

As for us, we've had perfectly fine room attendants in both our interior and ocean view rooms. They serviced our rooms at least twice a day and folded our clothes … always fresh towels. We can't wait to get back on the Adventure and the Southern Caribbean at the end of May

I was on the 2/27 adventure and enjoyed it. I read so many bad reviews but wanted to form my own opinion. I was also on deck 9. My stateroom attendant and our waiter and head waiter on 4 were fantastic. Enjoyed The activities and shows especially the ice skating it some need to get modernize. Food was sometimes good in dining and sometimes in windjammer. It is hard to cook for so many so I appreciate what they do. Talked to the executive chef and he at least has passion. Meta lady on her 2nd month on board. She didn't complain. I say don't worry and stop comparing and make the best of what you have. I didn't find anything wrong on this cruise that was major. Worst thing was our only shore excursion with the ship in Dominica. My shore excursions with private vendors were better.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Minn0315 you don't need a grand suite or higher to get good service. My interior room got fantastic service. I wouldn't state it is the type of room that rates. I have stayed in suites as well so am always treated the same

Minn0315 you don't need a grand suite or higher to get good service. My interior room got fantastic service. I wouldn't state it is the type of room that rates. I have stayed in suites as well so am always treated the same

However, you cannot deny from published gratuity payments to these folks who provide us service, that the suites attendants get a full 1/3 more than classes less than GS. They recognize they are helping higher paying clientele and serve accordingly. Plus most of us give a generous gratuity at the end of the cruise in addition to the "pre-paid" gratuities already paid for.

To th OP. As you may have read my live review everyday on Adventure sailing 3/5/16 on the Adventure board, we differ greatly in our experiences.

Here are two things that made the difference between you and I.

I was invited to tour the galley. The guide specifically stated that ALL food for the WJ is prepared in the 3rd floor galley, then transported to WJ In elevators. WJ does not cook the burgers or fries. Johnny Rocket's on the other hand makes fresh to order burgers that you can watch them make and cook on the grill just for you if you sit at the counter. They also fresh fry their own fries and rings to order.

So your claim of a scam on JR's part falls on deaf ears.

Also we stay in a Grand Suites or higher. Suite stateroom attendants get paid more from the start that those serving your class of cabin. Also, our suite 1260, deck 10 had no visible rust and the carpeting was in perfect condition.

Our attendant in our suite, Marianne, serviced our room three times each and every day. Both my wife and I take at least two showers a day. New and fresh towels three times a day. Again, this is my opinion and experience: sometimes you get what you pay for. Try a Grand Suite or higher next time.

However, you cannot deny from published gratuity payments to these folks who provide us service, that the suites attendants get a full 1/3 more than classes less than GS. They recognize they are helping higher paying clientele and serve accordingly. Plus most of us give a generous gratuity at the end of the cruise in addition to the "pre-paid" gratuities already paid for.

I cannot believe you are actually trying to justify receiving poor stateroom service because I booked a regular balcony. If you truly think that only suite paying guests deserve good service, perhaps you should explore a cruise line such as Crystal or Oceania. Perhaps you also missed the part where I stated that I extended extra gratuities to our stateroom attendant, just as I have on other cruises.

As for Johnny Rockets...

I live near Cedar Point Amusement Park here in Ohio, which has a 'real' JR with full menu. The food being served by RCI is NOT even close to the same. Believe it or not, although I stay in a "slum" balcony cabin, I too have taken all access and galley tours. I understand Johnny Rockets food might not be cooked in the same galley, but that doesn't mean the same burger patties or fries are not being used up there.

Thanks for the review! I'm considering this cruise in December or January. I do wish there was a newer ship that sailed the southern Caribbean, but since this is it, I will go on the Adventure if that's the itinerary we choose. Like you, we will be sailing for the itinerary. However, since I have seen so many negative reviews, it does make me apprehensive.

Thanks for the review! I'm considering this cruise in December or January. I do wish there was a newer ship that sailed the southern Caribbean, but since this is it, I will go on the Adventure if that's the itinerary we choose. Like you, we will be sailing for the itinerary. However, since I have seen so many negative reviews, it does make me apprehensive.

Check out the Jewel ... I will almost always take a Radiance class ship over a Voyager class.

Thanks to the OP for sharing his experience ... the issue with the steward is totally unacceptable.

Edited by emeraldcity

Minn0315 only posted to boast that they are a self-perceived "high roller".

Nobody cares lol!

I also find it totally laughable that people are arguing the merits of some ****hole called "Johnny Rockets".

You're cute.

Try choking down MIDRATS on the Nimitz at 0200. Sliders with Non-Skid lol.

Some of you people wallow in First-World Problems the likes of which I haven't seen in a long time....

You should be ashamed of yourselves.

Edited by WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot

Minn0315 only posted to boast that they are a self-perceived "high roller".

Nobody cares lol!

***: Why are you even on this website when you have never been on a commercial cruise, yet you criticize others? I don't care for your bragging about your naval service. There are many of us that have backgrounds that we don't throw in people's faces.

We got off Adventure 2/27. Wonderful cruise and saw none of the bad things that were listed here. I cruise with my son and his wife and we all agreed it was one of our best cruises. The staff was attentive and very friendly. I guess we love cruising so much we don't look for anything bad. I do agree that embarkation and disembarkation were both the smoothest we have ever had. We booked the Adventure again for next February!

Isn't it funny how people see things differently on the same things. I agree with you. We were on the same sailing and had absolutely no issues. But we also don't go on a ship looking for those issues. You are on vacation in the Caribbean. How bad can it be?

However, the need for Adventure's upcoming October dry dock is very apparent to anyone

Thanks for taking the time. I read almost all reviews and appreciate the OP's point of view. This is a reminder to start watching reviews this fall and winter. While everything you say maybe 100% accurate, things can change. I appreciate your thoughts.

It took me a minute for your username to register, then I thought about the fact that in a few weeks I'll be helping my daughter's family move from Findlay to Sandusky, so perhaps this summer I'll be come more familiar with the Jet Express.

I do feel like unless the Adventure receives major cosmetic improvements during dry dock it would be better suited for the 1st time cruiser, 3-5 night market out of Florida. For repeat cruisers, who notice these worn out areas on a ship, the real appeal to Adventure right now is the ports of call.

Feel free to ask any questions you have.

I'll be sure to report back next year, but I'm sure others will as well before then. For now, I think our attitude will match yours, we are looking forward to 2 new islands for us and are already planning what to do. Thanks again.,