2017 Caribbean

Thanks! I checked some of the prices and it looks like they are, how shall I say this, pretty ambitious!!:eek: I think I may wait a while before I book. I'm usually the first to book up an entire year when bookings open but not this time. Just my opinion..I hope to find some deals but not too hopeful..

If you're booking direct and no cancellation penalty I would just choose your cabin and wait. Prices seem to go down in May-June the past couple of years. They do start out quite high.

Don't see Anthem May 2017. Isn't that supposed to be released?

This post: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=49250800&postcount=636

Suggests that Anthem itineraries will be out on Friday. Might be earlier, though. As an example, the same post said March 9th for Oasis-class ships, but these were already available yesterday late in the day.

Yep, shell shock for me on the pricing so far, used to booking on day one and getting a good deal then watching the sales for 18+ months just in case .... instead I'm typing NCL and Carnival into my browser and checking on alternatives.

I didn't type Carnival, but I did take a look at NCL. We really want to do a holiday 2017 cruise, and our son has a "real" job now and that is the only week he can take off. I booked Adventure from San Juan, but it's very high too. Seems NCL hasn't released sailings that far out yet.

If you book almost 2 years out, can you get your $$ back from RC if you cancel? They keep $100 pp as a penalty?

If you book almost 2 years out, can you get your $$ back from RC if you cancel? They keep $100 pp as a penalty?

The RCI cancellation policy was just revised:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&faqId=227&faqSubjectId=323

The policy may differ for our international friends outside of Canada/U.S.

I just booked 2 Boardwalk Balcony cabins on Harmony for 4th of July week of 2017. I'm definitely hoping that their is a sale between now and the 90 day cancellation window.

Edited by rykaydad

I just booked 2 Boardwalk Balcony cabins on Harmony for 4th of July week of 2017. I'm definitely hoping that their is a sale between now and the 90 day cancellation window.

What, you mean all of these folks that swear that booking when itineraries first come out nets the best prices might be wrong? :cool:

All I know is that my balcony on Liberty in December 2017 cost the exact same as my Harmony balcony in January 2017. I absolutely do not expect Harmony to come down (and frankly may have caught Royal in a particularly generous mood/computer glitch), but will watch here and on their website for Liberty decreases.

What, you mean all of these folks that swear that booking when itineraries first come out nets the best prices might be wrong? :cool:

Let's hope they are b/c if this is the best the prices are going to get...people are going to be fuming.

I have connecting staterooms on Harmony for April 2017 that are $1000 less than what is now out there for Harmony at end of Aug 2017...when it's supposed to be a cheaper time to go...prices are crazy high right now.

Let's hope they are b/c if this is the best the prices are going to get...people are going to be fuming.

I have connecting staterooms on Harmony for April 2017 that are $1000 less than what is now out there for Harmony at end of Aug 2017...when it's supposed to be a cheaper time to go...prices are crazy high right now.

The last week in August is always the least expensive for the summer months but I have yet to see that week cheaper than April and certainly don't expect it to be for Harmony in its first Caribbean summer cruises.

Or maybe Royal has caught on and changed their pricing for the newly released itineraries.

I booked the Harmony TA the day it came out and the price has skyrocketed since.