Celebrity Upgrades Question??

tenmile

Upgrades, I consider to be a free higher class room; they do happen but not often. Upsells, yes they happen. I usually take a proactive approach and call Celebrity. Under the "new" program, they will send out emails to make offers from time to time. Sometimes there are good deals, but many times not so much.

Ken

It truly depends on vacancies on a ship. If there are lots of vacancies there will be both upsell offers like the AQ cabin from a Veranda for $100pp we received on the Equinox TA coming up. We later got an upgrade offer to a C2 cabin from our 2A veranda. Both of these after final payment.

Have not heard of upgrades before final payment. Probably because in the USA you can cancel up to the final day at no cost.

I called the Captains club about this earlier this morning.

Emails are sent by the Revenue Dept...on a "random" basis offering upgrades/up sells "very close to sailing"

Our TA called today and X offered a CC from a Veranda for $0

or and AQ for $150 pp.

There are a lot of cabins open.

Perhaps Zika virus scares? idk

Thank you everyone for your information. We are sailing on May 22 and it looks like several AQ and CC cabins are still available. Final payment deadline is tomorrow. I think I will have my TA take the proactive approach later in the week.

We never seem to get upsells for Celebrity in the UK or upgrades for that matter, we also can't cancel our booking at the last minute without losing most of our money, seems we have a bum deal in our country.:(

Thank you everyone for your information. We are sailing on May 22 and it looks like several AQ and CC cabins are still available. Final payment deadline is tomorrow. I think I will have my TA take the proactive approach later in the week.

That will just be an exercise in futility! (but let us know if i'm wrong!)

I called the Captains Club, and the customer rep told me to contact my TA to request an Upgrade or inquire about an Upsell. My TA was able to give us an Upsell to Concierge C3 from Balcony 1A for $100. Our travel friends were able to get a FREE upgrade from a 1C balcony to a C3 Concierge based on the original price they paid for their cruise. We booked our cruise 15 months ago, so we paid less than they did, thus the reason for our upsell cost. You may want to check with your TA if you are interested. As of yesterday, Celebrity had about 30 unsold Concierge staterooms. I decided to call the Captains Club because I knew yesterday was the deadline for final payment in the US and there were many C staterooms available. It worked for us:)!

I called the Captains Club, and the customer rep told me to contact my TA to request an Upgrade or inquire about an Upsell. My TA was able to give us an Upsell to Concierge C3 from Balcony 1A for $100. Our travel friends were able to get a FREE upgrade from a 1C balcony to a C3 Concierge based on the original price they paid for their cruise. We booked our cruise 15 months ago, so we paid less than they did, thus the reason for our upsell cost. You may want to check with your TA if you are interested. As of yesterday, Celebrity had about 30 unsold Concierge staterooms. I decided to call the Captains Club because I knew yesterday was the deadline for final payment in the US and there were many C staterooms available. It worked for us:)!

Are you referring to paying the difference from what you paid to the current concierge amount? Sorry, I'm a little confused as your first post said upgrades after final payment yet you stated above that it was final payment yesterday :confused:? If the price drops below what you initially paid, you can request to pay the difference to a higher cabin category. Is that what you did or is the amount you paid in total, together with the $100, much less than the current C3 rate?

An upsell is when they offer to upgrade you for a nominal amount which is much less than the going rate e.g. an offer to move from an OV to a 1A for say $100 when the difference between the 2 is $800pp (not comparing what you initially paid and paying the difference to upgrade to a better cabin at current rates).

Edited by villauk

My TA was offered less than the difference between what we paid for our !A and the current posted C3 rate. $100 is no bargain, but better than if we had paid the difference to move to concierge. We paid it because we really like the extra perks, priority check in, designated departure lounge, the bottle of sparkling wine, and priority dining reservations in Select. We have never had to wait more than a couple of minutes to be seated and usually were seated immediately in the MDR. Better upsell offers may come along before our cruise May 22--then I will learn to wait.:o