Just off the Caribbean Princess

mrkrpan

Just off the CB yesterday. I'm working on a review, but if anyone has specific questions, please let me know. Thanks

I'm late to Bingo - oh sorry - not really - just working....sigh....

I will be on my first Princess cruise on the CB in a couple months!

Did you play Bingo on the ship? What were the prices? Was it offered most days?

Though I know the payouts aren't great, we always enjoy playing when cruising! Thanks - I look forward to reading your review! [emoji2]

I hope you had a wonderful time!

I would love to know the current MUTS showings as I will be leaving on the CB soon.

Thanks you in advance. Cruising is my opportunity to get caught up on the movies.

Yep we board the 30th and I'd like to know this as well.

Welcome back and I appreciate you informing us of the latest information!

Questions

We will be going B2B with one voyage number. On bringing wine through security-are we allowed two each because it is two wks or just two btls? the last time they allowed us the 4 tls.

Gelato-Int'l Cafe-can you use the coffee card to get one like the Regal/Royal?

Did they have sundaes as well?

What time does the muster call begin?-we leave FLL at 4pm

Can you book sanctuary for the week for only half days?

Do you know what days they held the Chefs table?

Appreciate it all!:D

Thanks for all the great questions - I'm going to try and answer them as best as I can:

the MUTS during the week included Bridge of Spies, The Martian, The Italian Job, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, Spectre, The Blind Side, Woman in Gold, The Amazing Spiderman, My Fellow Americans, Sleepless in Seattle, Groundhog Day, Invinvible - they had lots of concerts also - Pink, Stevie Wonder, Elton John, Bon Jovi, - during the late afternoon - some G rated movies earlier in the day as well - Beauty and The Beast, Inside Out, Minions, The Peanuts Movie

They also showed movies in the Princess Theater - some the same as MUTS, but also different ones - The Intern, Black Mass, Steve Jobs

Bingo was offered several days - mostly sea days if I can recall properly - prices are from $10-$40 - we played twice - had a blast - that was in the Club Fusion lounge - great location

We sailed at 4pm - Muster was at 330pm - plenty of time to Muster and get outside for sail away

Ship was in good shape - they were constantly working on areas - specifically on deck 15 (Lido) when you get off the elevator - working on automatic doors, but lots of paint, sanding, varnishing, etc. She is showing her age, but still well kept

I do have all the patters and will get them loaded this week - need to scan first -

I did not see a chef's tasting menu offered on this cruise

did not go to the cigar bar - we hung out in the Piazza - International Cafe - yes they have coffee bar - excellent coffee - no gelato

I'll reply again later with some more answers!

thanks!

DH and I board on Sunday (EEEKS) and we are SO excited! These are fantastic tips and questions! I look forward to your review, more patters and additional info! We have cruised MANY times but never on Princess so we are ecstatic to see what all she has to offer! Thanks again and I look forward to hearing from you!

I did have a question about Embarkation... Since we are new to Princess we do not have the early boarding privileges and etc... Are you platinum or gold or whatever on Princess? AND what time were you able to board the ship?

Thanks again for these tips and helpful information!

I did have a question about Embarkation... Since we are new to Princess we do not have the early boarding privileges and etc... Are you platinum or gold or whatever on Princess? AND what time were you able to board the ship?

We are on the last week of a B2B on the CB so we were on the ship last week. We boarded just before noon but we are elite. I all depends on when you arrive at the terminal as to where your place in line might be. We had arrived at 10:30, dropped off luggage, parked, went through security upon entering the terminal, checked in and was sent to the elite lounge to wait.

Since we are on a B2B we simply showed the wine table our boarding info and they allowed us to take 2 bottles of wine on the ship without charge. We did pay $15/bottle for the rest of our wine. There was no problem once the documents were presented to them.

This week is spring break for the Dallas area we have learned and maybe more. We have a number of children aboard with multi-generation families which is quite a contrast to last week and the geriatric group. We like it better this week.

Did you have a favorite bar/lounge?

Did you ever go the Churchill's Cigar Bar?

LuLu

Churchills was about the only disappointment on our CB cruise 2 weeks ago. Once a great venue with a nice selection of cigars and some fine whiskeys, it has become a smokers lounge. It has a fair number of folks through the day who are there simply to smoke. That's fine, but be aware that at least during the day service levels were pretty low, lots of full ashtrays and plenty of evidence of "dirty smokers" Never went in the evenings, so it may have been what it was designed to be.

Its likely to be different the next few weeks during "March Madness" when it becomes a "sports bar"

Boarding is a fascinating experience/science. We arrived at the port about 10:30. There are two lines for security etc. We went to the shortest which happened to be the regular line. once clearing that line you go to the actual check in. Again the shortest line was for regular folk. Once checked in as you go to the waiting area you are given a card for boarding based on your Captains Circle level. When boarding started about 11:30 it was very quick and very little difference in time between elite and regular folk. Maybe 20 minutes (I was waiting for some relatives) prolly the slickest embarkation ever. With princess if you are travelling with a group, you can all board together based on the highest captain circle level in the group. make sure you ask for a boarding pass for each cabin

Dropped our stuff in the cabin and made it to lunch in the MDR. Had a nice soak in the hot tub and was able to shower etc in plenty of time for muster.

Edited by TNTLAMB