Room Service - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly?

We ordered the Bistro Burger from room service a few years ago. It was THE best burger we've ever had on a ship. And that includes Johnny Rockets

Erika

Totally agree. Bistro Burger is awesome! Also really enjoy the spinach dip, turkey panini & chicken salad. Desserts are pretty good as well. Pizza is pretty awful IMO!!

Well it looks like a lot of thumbs up for the bistro burger. My 15 year old is obsessed with burgers. [emoji16] I've also ordered the cheese plate, both pre dinner and late night snack. Always yummy with a glass of wine!

I wonder if the cheese plate from room service is different than the dessert cheese plate served in the MDR? Reason is I have had it twice as a dessert course and sadly, was underwhelmed both times. Not much cheese, and a dry toast-like biscuit thing on the side. Just curious. :)

I wonder if the cheese plate from room service is different than the dessert cheese plate served in the MDR? Reason is I have had it twice as a dessert course and sadly, was underwhelmed both times. Not much cheese, and a dry toast-like biscuit thing on the side. Just curious. :)

As I recall, it is pretty similar. Plus, it seems like the only kind of crackers available are saltines which are OK I guess, but not my first choice to have with cheese...better for soup!:)

Have been on over 50 cruises.........have had room service on each cruise we have been on. When we first started cruising, we always started each day with an order of a large pot of coffee to enjoy on our balcony........it was a real pleasure to sit out there and spend some leisurely time. However, over the years, we have noticed that the room service coffee has become awful. It is not the same coffee that they serve in the dining room. We have stopped ordering the coffee and just go to the concierge lounge or the dining room to get the good stuff. We have added this to the comment sheet over the years and now, we add it to our online comments when we return. Nothing has changed. We always give it one try on the first morning of the cruise and then give up. Last year, we placed the room service order form on our door before midnight and the next day the coffee never showed up. I called to ask what happened and they said we didn't order room service according to their records. I knew I had .....but, it was too late by then, it was already an hour past the time we asked for the coffee. As soon as I hung up, we had a knock on the door and there stood the room service delivery guy with a tray of coffee. He said he was sorry he was late...there had been a mix up. So much for their excuse of not having our order. Anyway, we tasted the coffee.........it was just as awful as we have come to expect. That ended our room service for that cruise. We have four more cruises coming up.........don't know if we will even bother this time with the coffee. Can't say anything about the other food on the menu......we have never tried it. Love the dining room coffee though !!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_6142_zpsxqqxezkv.jpg

IMG_6143_zps66vuhyes.jpg

IMG_6144_zpswcxylonc.jpg

IMG_6145_zpsnpr2wvuk.jpg

This was Explorer of the Seas room service menu. The food was generally acceptable although not great. When you get to those after 10pm - late night hours, I find it hard to find hot food (except pizza) onboard.

Thanks for posting these!

My 5yo is always too full after dinner for any dessert, so the highlight of his evening is getting to call room service and order cookies that he can eat in bed :) We tried the burger and pizza as well on Freedom and both were decent to good.

On Brilliance in January. Room service food was just okay. Nothing special. Sometimes cold food. Fries were never warm even if the rest of the food was hot. By the end of the cruise we were sticking to the cold sections.

Is the tip included? Can it be charged the room? I have two teen girls that. Ant wait for room service, and want to be prepared.

Well, since it is complimentary, there is no bill to sign. Tips, if desired, are given in cash. You can get small bills from Guest Services, or just bring some with you.

Well, since it is complimentary, there is no bill to sign. Tips, if desired, are given in cash. You can get small bills from Guest Services, or just bring some with you.

That helps me be prepared, thanks!

Any post-dry dock room service menus for Liberty of the Seas? Appreciate the ones posted from Explorer but thinking the menus might be a bit different.

Menus posted were the same as I had last week on Oasis. I think they're pretty much the same fleetwide, other than Quantum class.

As for the spinach dip, it is very good... but TINY!!! Definitely not enough for more than one person, and probably not even enough for one person. I think I got four chips' worth before I was scraping the bottom of the tiny little cup of dip. Order accordingly!

And I always leave an envelope with tip money in the room for my son --- that way he can always order room service even if I'm not there.

As for the spinach dip, it is very good... but TINY!!! Definitely not enough for more than one person, and probably not even enough for one person. I think I got four chips' worth before I was scraping the bottom of the tiny little cup of dip. Order accordingly!

Good to know! Hubby and I love spinach dip. Is it hot spinach dip or the cold stuff like deli chip dip?

My experience is nothing like some of yours. We pretty much order only breakfast and have ordered off the room service menu many times. Doesn't it occur to anyone else to just ask??? We've never used the pre order form, we just call as soon as we wake and by the time the sleep is washed from our eyes, they are at the door.

We've had eggs benedict etc. and everything has always amazed with the temprature of the food. Always warm. In fact, we always wonder how they do it! The burgers are very good and I've even ordered off the MDR menu . No problem. The only negative I ever had was the coffee...not too good, but my DH always runs up to grab couple of cups of cappuccino from the Diamond lounge. And the toast could be crispier, is a bit tough from the steam under the covers. But No other complaints here.

My experience is nothing like some of yours. We pretty much order only breakfast and have ordered off the room service menu many times. Doesn't it occur to anyone else to just ask??? We've never used the pre order form, we just call as soon as we wake and by the time the sleep is washed from our eyes, they are at the door.

We've had eggs benedict etc. and everything has always amazed with the temprature of the food. Always warm. In fact, we always wonder how they do it! The burgers are very good and I've even ordered off the MDR menu . No problem. The only negative I ever had was the coffee...not too good, but my DH always runs up to grab couple of cups of cappuccino from the Diamond lounge. And the toast could be crispier, is a bit tough from the steam under the covers. But No other complaints here.

You ordered off the MDR because you're in a suite? Just asking as what I think some people are talking about in this thread is the regular room service menu (non-suite folks).