Newest Koningsdam Pictures

InTheWASide

A few updates from Captain Albert today. She's by far the prettiest ship in the fleet, just spectacular design work here. It's really neat how they've gone with the modern look but still have kept it align with HAL's traditional styling. Kudos to the designers!

Main dining room (drooooooooooooooools):

blog_diningroom.jpg9

As Captain Albert says, "Bitter balls and a Heineken is not far away!"

blog_grand_dutch_cafe.jpg

Queens Lounge ceiling:

blog_ql_ceiling.jpg

Walkway along the Culinary Arts Centre

blog_walkway_cac.jpg

Edited by sppunk

It won't be crew-only, it'll be open to guests (not sure how often / the availability) according to HAL itself.

I doubt it. This area is a designated CREW OPEN DECK. Access to this deck is all through crew areas. There are toilets and showers. I don't think passengers and crew will mix. Besides, if the passengers say it is used during the day...when do the crew sunbathe? At night?

The crew need to have their own areas and their own down time places.

I doubt it. This area is a designated CREW OPEN DECK. Access to this deck is all through crew areas. There are toilets and showers. I don't think passengers and crew will mix. Besides, if the passengers say it is used during the day...when do the crew sunbathe? At night?

The crew need to have their own areas and their own down time places.

I'm just repeating what HAL's posted a few times, they very well might be wrong. :)

The Queen's Lounge appears to be a very lovely room. With regard to the balcony in the room, I hope it is designed better than the balcony was in the Main Lounge of the former Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam. If one did not have a front row seat, seeing any performances was nearly impossible.

The Queen's Lounge appears to be a very lovely room. With regard to the balcony in the room, I hope it is designed better than the balcony was in the Main Lounge of the former Noordam and Nieuw Amsterdam. If one did not have a front row seat, seeing any performances was nearly impossible.

Appears from both the rendering and the deck plans that there's only a handful of tables (about half a dozen) and they are all right on the railing so I don't expect that would be an issue :)

QueensLounge_Dk3.jpg

I stumbled across a few pictures of some art that was just installed on the ship. It's gorgeous. Now the question just becomes where is it going? My guess is Tamarind.

f8eeab7d12c80a4d7649e2ff79f4ac58.jpg

b5bbe45631bd96ed6c7d581c26f8174e.jpg

697584ef54362faf581f717c27c2588c.jpg

6366d94e5151617a6c1b40c3a31eed4c.jpg

With depicting water/ocean I am leaning toward Sel de Mer for the artwork :)

Serious looking lady [emoji846]

Is it the same as was shown on the captain Albert blog as being behind guest services?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Do you mean this one showing the shore ex desk? Don't think it's the same thing

blog-shorex.jpg

this carpet is beautiful and I've been impressed with the carpets overall on this ship (something I never thought I would say about HAL ships... the carpets are usually hideous at best)

blog-corr-carpet-tulips.jpg

Edited by InTheWASide

Do you mean this one showing the shore ex desk? Don't think it's the same thing

blog-shorex.jpg

Yes my memory playing tricks, it's going to be great fun exploring once onboard, it will be a sensory overload

Yes my memory playing tricks, it's going to be great fun exploring once onboard, it will be a sensory overload

If definitely will be! We plan on going through every nook and cranny in the ship. All the stairwells, all the elevator lobbies... We want to see everything :)

Noted this quote

"Holland America is famous for having more greenery on board than with any other cruise company "

X might argue that a whole lawn is reasonably green haha, either way plant life is a welcome addition

Edited by teamflames