Upgrade/upsell, whatever the fairy, she called today!

Got a call today from the Oregon office offering us a center hump JS on our upcoming 6 night Navigator cruise for an additional $350. Considering the future cruise credit we used from what RCCL thought was an issue with our toilet on the Freedom last year (we were a little inconvenienced but never asked for any sort of compensation), I say we're $20 ahead! We will not get double points but who cares! I get a walk-in closet and a bathtub!!!

Cathy

Got a call today from the Oregon office offering us a center hump JS on our upcoming 6 night Navigator cruise for an additional $350. Considering the future cruise credit we used from what RCCL thought was an issue with our toilet on the Freedom last year (we were a little inconvenienced but never asked for any sort of compensation), I say we're $20 ahead! We will not get double points but who cares! I get a walk-in closet and a bathtub!!!Cathy

Awesome! Can you tell her to call me?? Enjoy that bathtub!

Laurie

She had a very odd first name that I never did get. When I answered the phone she said "This is (????) from Royal Caribbean's Concierge Office". That may not be quoted exactly but I definitely remember her saying "concierge". I'm also darn glad I answered the call! I don't normally answer calls with no name especially during elections.

Cathy

Got a call today from the Oregon office offering us a center hump JS on our upcoming 6 night Navigator cruise for an additional $350. Considering the future cruise credit we used from what RCCL thought was an issue with our toilet on the Freedom last year (we were a little inconvenienced but never asked for any sort of compensation), I say we're $20 ahead! We will not get double points but who cares! I get a walk-in closet and a bathtub!!!

Cathy

Good going, Cathy! Enjoy that walk-in closet. ;)

Do you recall what area code it was from?

Cathy

Good going, Cathy! Enjoy that walk-in closet. ;)

Thanks Carol! It's not as sweet as the $100 we paid to upgrade to a JS on the Freedom in 2014 but I still feel we scored! And the fact that I now know they really call is totally cool!

Cathy

I thought that if you PAID for an upgrade, you got the double points, but if you were just given one, you didn't???

I specifically asked and she said no to the double points because we were being offered an upsell, not purchasing it like normal. Back in 2014, a few weeks before our Freedom cruise, a price watching website beeped on my phone at 2 am showing a huge price drop in JS's. We were in an E2. I called to upgrade to a JS for $100 total (7 day) and got the double points!

Cathy

if you see a good deal on a JS after final payment can you pay the difference ?

The last I knew, as long as you were moving to a higher category, yes, you can pay the difference and upgrade after final payment. I'm sure someone will pipe in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Cathy

if you see a good deal on a JS after final payment can you pay the difference ?

2 years I had a balcony and wanted a GS that had just become available 10 days before sailing and I was able to pay difference, now we always sail in GS

The last I knew, as long as you were moving to a higher category, yes, you can pay the difference and upgrade after final payment. I'm sure someone will pipe in and correct me if I'm wrong.

Cathy

I have done self upgrades after final payment many times. On one cruise I went from

D1 cat balcony, upgraded two weeks before the cruise to a JS for 200 bucks, then 3 days

before sail date....a GS popped up. Total of an additional 45 bucks to upgrade to that one.

Only time that has happened that I upgraded twice, however. Love to see that opportunity

come around again! ;) :D

And yes, I got the double points.