Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Dinner at Sabor before Ocean Aria. I had the jalapeños wrapped in chicken and bacon.

82aa3548f0423194c645c6477fccf464.jpg

You might recognize this character from the show.

82d592920e6c7f984d3e3ba5e861681b.jpg

How about the sharp looking lady. She really must like me as she sat on my lap last week and this week again. Lisa was pretty jealous of the attention I was getting from this lovely looking woman.

b691b92780c06479b4692ecf3950460b.jpg

I won't post many photos from the show, but the shadow in this one caught my eye. It looks like a premonition of the Easter Rabbit.

c9c4bedde8fa58da0bc689dae199c97e.jpg

The high divers always amaze me.

76ca238627ab01c0c59d2b84a767863c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Tonight's kids club activities are partially hosted on the basketball court. I wouldn't mind some of them being confined in there all week, or at least least the worst of them. Throw their parents in there for good measure too.

2e73334cebd7391c461044e6c869339e.jpg

There's a beautiful full moon over the flow rider and I don't mean person with their pants down.

69959d2c748e114b3617f1d2376e7c7f.jpg

Yorkvillian, you be proud of me today as I didn't ride once. Let's see if you can go a day at sea without trivia.

The last photo posts are for Tom and Matt. Towel clips have multiple uses. Always have a few sets with you. It helps in making the cabin darker.

b4bc2839524ec47cf3e4dc4370512f2f.jpg

f49b53a6f4121931b90aea47747a793d.jpg

Amazing photos!! Thanks for sharing! The Sabor photo made my mouth start to water..... I think I may have actually drooled a little...

I'll get you the bib. Just be thankful that the bearded lady have the same effect. [emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

In honour of our arrival in the questionably historic port of Falmouth I thought it would be time to get out the Historic Reggae Name Generator. I did my best to find a Haitian name generator but I had no luck.

Tomorrow we will blend in with the locals with our Rastafarian names, I just need to get a ball cap with the fake dreads. For sure, we'd blend right in. If we get in any legal or police problems, such as shooting the sheriff but not the deputy, Owen "The Judge" should be able to free us from our problems.

Andrew -- Jah Riddim Lambsbread

Lisa --- Bongo Tuff Gong Lambsbread

Owen --- Judge Irie Lambsbread.

b2f925d8a34749dc6bd4a2a00d6b68b9.jpg

The last photo posts are for Tom and Matt. Towel clips have multiple uses. Always have a few sets with you. It helps in making the cabin darker.

Thanks Andrew. Great idea.

Juniour PumPum Bong :)

Even as fast as we pulled out of Falmouth on Oasis this past September . . . ride was smooth as silk. Enjoy the sailaway tomorrow if the captain steps on the gas!

Really enjoying these past couple of weeks and looking forward to more! Thanks for the encouragement to finally figure out and use Periscope and so much appreciate as do many, all you're doing for the community.

John

The last formal night of the first cruise we had a unique thing happen. We were riding the elevator with another couple we didn't know and we stopped on a floor to pick up another couple. They were a sharply dressed couple of Asian descent, which is really only mentioned to paint the image of what they looked like.

The woman entered the elevator, while her male companion waited outside. While after she stood in there for a few seconds she then left and joined her friend outside the elevator. We didn't think much about it as people's elevator manners on this ship are poor on a good day. The elevator door shut and we continued going up.

Well after going up one floor we all started to gag. Yes, she blew us a kiss, but not the type you want as it was no breath of fresh air. She crop dusted us. She broke the sound barrier in relation to her quick departure, not to mention what exited from her back end. She did the "one cheek sneak" and didn't even say she was sorry. We held out for the last two floors, but the other couple got out earlier than they had intended.

So remember if an elevator rider quickly departs watch out for the great brown cloud. You might just want to exit too.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Andrew, could you tell me if getting to the Helipad was accessible by wheelchair? We are traveling in a suite on Allure and my son who is in a wheelchair desperately wants to be able to get on the helipad. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Andrew, could you tell me if getting to the Helipad was accessible by wheelchair? We are traveling in a suite on Allure and my son who is in a wheelchair desperately wants to be able to get on the helipad. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Possibly. They have ramps on each side of the water tight door that goes out to it. The question is the width of the door in relation to wheel chair. In all honesty I have never seen an individual in a wheel chair at the suite helipad sail away, but that is not to say it can't be done.

Are you staying in an accessible cabin, and if so have you seen one before. I have some pictures of a regular balcony cabin, but accissible features would carry over to a suite. If needed I could post them for you.

I can only assume that it is on the starboard side. Since Oasis and Allure are so much a like I'd lhink if one ship has it the other should as well.

We were able to watch one of the Aquatheatre shows frocm the port side on Oasis and noticed people watching from the Starboard side. The area right in front of the rock wall was closed but the chairs and seating area closer to the aft were available.

Thanks, guys! I was really disappointed when they made the other secret balconies into suites. We are sailing in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis, and while we are one cabin in from far aft, I have been looking for places to get a good wake view. I believe I've heard deck 5 aft is a good view as well.

I am looking forward to your review of Falmouth. That is the one port on our upcoming cruises, and I have not been able to decide what we should do there.

Some from the morning walk to the beach.

The morning view of Haiti.

d2524e431fd50c06b3c5f9c529dcce44.jpg

This is just a small portion of the supplies that they offload to feed us.

4204175a8f8154ece3afd7c8ba6b26f1.jpg

This never gets old. RC has happy ships. [emoji3]

d705252f6944222a43a4ec6b4032a9d0.jpg

One of the most technologically advanced ships in the world, with one of the most simplistic boats in the background.

58080d20511f8200b6901963337744f4.jpg

I didn't realize how poignant this photo I took in the morning would be later in the day.

2c054e8698570b260c849cc7dff457d9.jpg

The patient at this point had been loaded into the helicopter as well as the people traveling with them. Shortly after they were airborne and headed towards Dominican Republic. The individual was sitting upright in the stretcher and appeared to be alert. One can only hope the best for them.

When I snapped the shot in the morning I never thought the pad would be used later in the day.

a7f8dcae372167befe190bb974808ae9.jpg

I wonder if that helipad on the pier isn't rather new. We were on Allure a couple of years ago when there was a medical evacuation at Labadee and the helicopter landed on the ship. They did close the pier while it was in progress.

Edited by truffles2

... So remember if an elevator rider quickly departs watch out for the great brown cloud. You might just want to exit too.

That's one I had not heard before! Very weird.

Edited by clarea

Thanks, guys! I was really disappointed when they made the other secret balconies into suites. We are sailing in a Boardwalk balcony on Oasis, and while we are one cabin in from far aft, I have been looking for places to get a good wake view. I believe I've heard deck 5 aft is a good view as well.

I am looking forward to your review of Falmouth. That is the one port on our upcoming cruises, and I have not been able to decide what we should do there.

Deck 5 aft has a good viewing spot, which is located on the running track. There are some chairs there for sitting as well. That is where I periscoped the sail away from St Thomas.

I wonder if that helipad on the pier isn't rather new. We were on Allure a couple of years ago when there was a medical evacuation at Labadee and the helicopter landed on the ship. They did close the pier while it was in progress.

We don't remember seeing it until this visit, and we were in Labadee twice last year. I did see a photo of a medical pick-up on CC recently so it has been there for a while. It has to be much more convenient than landing on the ship while it is docked not to mention the safety having the chopper no where near the ship.

-------------quick break for immature humor-----------------

Yes, she blew us a kiss, but not the type you want as it was no breath of fresh air. She crop dusted us. She broke the sound barrier in relation to her quick departure, not to mention what exited from her back end. She did the "one cheek sneak" and didn't even say she was sorry. We held out for the last two floors, but the other couple got out earlier than they had intended.

So remember if an elevator rider quickly departs watch out for the great brown cloud. You might just want to exit too.

You forgot one: the Dutch oven! Lol

-----------returning to mature, appropriate comments now------------

Still enjoying the review. What are the plans for Falmouth today?

That's one I had not heard before! Very weird.

It's not copyrighted so feel free to use the expression, just please don't do it. [emoji23]

-------------quick break for immature humor-----------------

You forgot one: the Dutch oven! Lol

-----------returning to mature, appropriate comments now------------

Still enjoying the review. What are the plans for Falmouth today?

Yes the classic oven, best for the bedroom.

As for Falmouth you will need to come back later to find out. I need some suspense to keep you coming back for more.

Thanks Andrew. :)

In the past I've never brought anything along with that purpose in mind, but have used Cheryl's hair clips in that capacity. I think I'll now add (yet) another item to our packing list! :D

Tom