Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Thanks Andrew. :)

In the past I've never brought anything along with that purpose in mind, but have used Cheryl's hair clips in that capacity. I think I'll now add (yet) another item to our packing list! :D

Tom

Also useful for keeping your wet clothes attached to your chairs on the balcony.

In the past I've never brought anything along with that purpose in mind, but have used Cheryl's hair clips in that capacity. I think I'll now add (yet) another item to our packing list! :D

Tom

They also work great in keeping your towels on your lounger on windy days, not to mention they stand out in a row nondescript loungers with only blue towels sitting on them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Just saw your latest scope (I'm dalek01 on periscope BTW). Looks like it's going to be a beautiful day there unlike cold and cloudy Maine. Want to thank you for all your work with the scopes and this report, very enjoyable!

Tom

My recollection was (without going back to check:rolleyes:) that you are the one who brings your own horseradish for the shrimp cocktail. Just a heads-up that I have never had any trouble getting it at the table. (I like enough to take your breath away) It would be one less thing to have to worry about bringing along.

Possibly. They have ramps on each side of the water tight door that goes out to it. The question is the width of the door in relation to wheel chair. In all honesty I have never seen an individual in a wheel chair at the suite helipad sail away, but that is not to say it can't be done.

Are you staying in an accessible cabin, and if so have you seen one before. I have some pictures of a regular balcony cabin, but accissible features would carry over to a suite. If needed I could post them for you.

Yes, I saw the ramps out to the helipad in your picture, and that gave me hope. We can work around everything except stairs. Can we get there without stairs?

We are staying in the one and only accessible Crown Loft Suite this cruise, and so excited. We usually always sail in accessible balcony cabins, so we are familiar with those, but thank you for the offer of the picture. We have seen the accessible CLS on you tube. Our son is beside himself with excitement.

We have loved your review and scopes thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yorkvillian, you be proud of me today as I didn't ride once. Let's see if you can go a day at sea without trivia.

Yorkvillian may be proud, but I'm disgusted. :p

Blizzard in Denver today, so I'm looking forward to the Flowrider periscopes later.

Edited by mil76

My recollection was (without going back to check:rolleyes:) that you are the one who brings your own horseradish for the shrimp cocktail. Just a heads-up that I have never had any trouble getting it at the table. (I like enough to take your breath away) It would be one less thing to have to worry about bringing along.

That's us! :o

It all started several years ago when I would look forward to Prime Rib (night) on our Carnival sailings. They always had horseradish available, but the potency was all over the place. Some of it you could probably rub into your eyes and not have any reaction ! On rare occasions, I've found that theirs is stronger than what we bring - but I bring ours along "just in case". Also, when we get something like shrimp cocktail delivered to the cabin, it almost always needs more kick !!

i-zfcRBgZ-S.jpg

Tom

The helipad was on the pier in Labadee back in 2013. We had a guest taken out that way due to pancreatitis. You always feel bad for the ill person and their family. Of all times to get sick, why does it have to be your wonderful cruise vacation week? :(

:eek: Great elevator story. Well...probably not so great if you were trapped on that elevator. What the heck is wrong with people???

I'll take your carry on horse radish and raise you. I have to pack 3 bottles of Cholula hot sauce for every cruise. Mr Wolf insists on putting it on EVERYTHING. Well - not desserts. ;)

Fabulous review -it's the next best thing to being there. The pool at Falmouth Margaritaville is pretty nice.

It may change based on the HD. We received an invite on Oasis in December (Diamond) for the Labadee sail away. On Allure last week Nassau was suites only.

Ken, we were invited to the top tier sail away on Oasis but not on Allure. I asked Louise, the Loyalty Ambassador, about this when we were on Allure last month. She said they stopped doing that due to safety concerns - too many people out there. Not sure if this is true or just lip service but that was the answer. She also mentioned that different HDs do things differently so this makes me doubt the safety thing.

Does anyone know if they are still doing it on Oasis? If so, then obviously it's not because of safety.

Edited by The Sunset Glow

Someone asked about compasses and I have been saving them. I have not saved the kids planner from the first week. I will do my best to keep them from this week.

Thanks Andrew, that was me. I appreciate all the effort and look forward to seeing them.

I was expecting a periscope of the Falmouth beef patties.

I wanted to but there was poor periscope connection in Fallmouth. Was going to reminiscent of being on an NCL ship. Ha ha. There are photos to come later though.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by A&L_Ont

Ken, we were invited to the top tier sail away on Oasis but not on Allure. I asked Louise, the Loyalty Ambassador, about this when we were on Allure last month. She said they stopped doing that due to safety concerns - too many people out there. Not sure if this is true or just lip service but that was the answer. She also mentioned that different HDs do things differently so this makes me doubt the safety thing.

Does anyone know if they are still doing it on Oasis? If so, then obviously it's not because of safety.

What makes the bow of Oasis and Allure different from Radiance/Voyager/Freedom class bows where people can go out there at their pleasure? The safety answers sounds like a crock to me.

Next try loading from the top on the goofy side and 360 down. Amazingly it's easier than going regular and looks pretty cool!!

I will tomorrow and I'll report back after.

I don't know if you saw on the last video. I did a board to board transfer on the wave, and successfully landed it. They then took another board and inserted it at the front of the wave for me to then jump on to from the second board. I did not make that one.

Cool flowrider periscope.

Who's the Dylan guy? Is he a crew member or employee or something?

He's a young man from the East Coast of Canada. We sailed together last year and have become cruising and flow riding friends. He's a great guy. We asked him if you wanted to join us and he said without a doubt he would be there.

The flow rider family is always a good one.

I don't know if you saw on the last video. I did a board to board transfer on the wave, and successfully landed it. They then took another board and inserted it at the front of the wave for me to then jump on to from the second board. I did not make that one.

I saw the board to board transfer and you were amazing!

I did!! Awesome! They banned it a while back, then after the entire week of not doing it thinking I still could not, someone tried it and discovered I could have all week. Oh well, I only do it when renting the wave since it takes extra time since they have to hand the board etc. And yes, Flow family is for life! We still meet up and keep in touch with a good bit of people. But when you spend HOURS in line you get to know people pretty well.

How much time do you get on the flow rider if you are doing it during regular times (not private). Is it a time thing or do you just get to ride till you crash (which will be very very fast lol).

How much time do you get on the flow rider if you are doing it during regular times (not private). Is it a time thing or do you just get to ride till you crash (which will be very very fast lol).

They usually let you ride until you crash, but will cut you off if it gets too long.