Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

Have fun! Wish we were there too.

My hubby didn't get enough of the flowrider on our B2B last month and can't wait until our Harmony B2B in November so he's looking for something for May now. Lol what is it with you guys and that dang flowrider?? I think a heroin addiction would be easier to manage.....and cheaper!

Edited by The Sunset Glow

Have fun! Wish we were there too.

My hubby didn't get enough of the flowrider on our B2B last month and can't wait until our Harmony B2B in November so he's looking for something for May now. Lol what is it with you guys and that dang flowrider?? I think a heroine addiction would be easier to manage.....and cheaper!

DW agrees with you, it might be cheaper for the heroine. However, think of all the cruises that you and my Lisa get to go on. I see you are on Harmony after us this fall. I am excited to sail on her.

You better prep your hubby's veins, there might be some periscopes of flowriding over the next two weeks. ;):D I got a new board for my birthday, so I had to choose which 2 to take and which one to leave behind. See, my family feed the beast and you should for your hubby too.;)

Edited by A&L_Ont

DW agrees with you, it might be cheaper for the heroine. However, think of all the cruises that you and my Lisa get to go on. I see you are on Harmony after us this fall. I am excited to sail on her.

You better prep your hubby's veins, there might be some periscopes of flowriding over the next two weeks. ;):D I got a new board for my birthday, so I had to choose which 2 to take and which one to leave behind. See, my family feed the beast and you should for your hubby too.;)

I'm more than happy to go! It would just be nice if it was a little cheaper on the big boats[emoji22]

I'm more than happy to go! It would just be nice if it was a little cheaper on the big boats[emoji22]

Very true, but imagine how mopey he'd be when he could only do stand up for half the day. I tried it once, and trust me you don't need that on a holiday.;)

When and if you get close to someone with authority or knowledge, will you ask them when or if the Allure will be getting the slides that Harmony has? Rumor mill says they are getting them this year. Thank you

Can do. Please remind once I am on board, in case I forget. Last time I sailed on Allure in June I knew many of the sports desk staff and they should have good idea if this is going to happen. They would be the people in charge of running them, so my guess is they would have the best idea.

Hey, so did I! 2 coffee's and a donut so far this year. Following along from the city that rhymes with fun.

I haven't been to Regina for a while but I have been there in the summer and a few times in March. I know some people east of Grenfell and usually hit the Hortons headed east on #1 on the way to their place.

I love the old gas lamps on Albert Street, the legislature grounds, we hit the RCMP and Royal museum and devoured a few steaks at the Keg. It is the fun town.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I'm officially checked in Andrew! Thanks for treating my post cruise blues...BTW, the title choice was a good one...fairly certain Lisa weighed in, yes? [emoji23]

Hi Chris. I had about 7 of them but went with this one. Lisa helped me with it, but no where near as much as she helped with packing. She's the best.

If you look at the "title" line (:rolleyes: look up, way up) some posts will have the runner up thread names used on port days. You like what I did there.;)

Now it's time for me to entertain you.

Sailing along with you "virtually". Counting down to our May cruise on Allure. We haven't been any Oasis Class Ship before and are super excited.

Thanks for letting us all tag along. :D

Many years ago I swore that I'd never sail on an Oasis class ship. Once we did, it is hard to sail on anything else. I hope you enjoy this class as much as we do. Hopefully this thread will get you amped up for your sailing in May.

People who live in colder climates are known for many things and one of the common misconceptions is that we have a great love of winter. In reality we have a bigger love, the love of going somewhere hot when the weather is cold outside.

I could not have said this any better.

image_zpswkq9qbpg.jpeg

I'm not sure about you, but the last 3 days have been in the 80's. LOL

I'm not sure about you, but the last 3 days have been in the 80's. LOL

Maybe next year we just need to visit you, and not go on a cruise.:p It's hot here yet, but it is getting better. A week ago we had a snow storm and today the snow is almost gone. It has been a strange winter. Tomorrow in FLL it will be in the 80s and that's what I am looking forward to.:)

Many years ago I swore that I'd never sail on an Oasis class ship. Once we did, it is hard to sail on anything else. I hope you enjoy this class as much as we do. Hopefully this thread will get you amped up for your sailing in May.

So did I. I have to learn to never say never. Have agreat cruise. I'm looking forward to tagging along.

Thanks for all the kind words and for following along. I see notifications of new followers on periscope too. For periscope I will try to talk loud enough for you to hear me, but not so loud that the people around me wonder about my mental status. If am not loud enough just ask me to speak up. This should be a blast. Let all those around me be aware that if you walk into my view you will be live. After the thread yesterday about pictures VS privacy, they better be ready for worldwide fame.

I have a confession to make to you. I have a reason to go live with this review. It is because I have two unfinished reviews that are 90% done, but I just never finished or posted on CC. They live buried on my hard drive and I swear one day they will see the light of day. By going live, I know this review will be completed. I will admit that I have done a bit of prep work for this review. I have uploaded a few of my stock photos from previous cruises to photo bucket and a few thanks to google images, just to make life a bit easier on the ship. I will also be using the CC web forum app and a photo editing app. For those who might ask, my main camera will be an IPhone 6S. I will do my best not to be “that guy” in public using an IPad for photos. I already feel like a loser for buying a selfie stick and external chagrining battery for this review, and Lisa reminds of the loser part every time she sees them. I in turn remind her that when I asked for her hand in marriage, she said yes.

As I am typing this preamble, in late February, I literally just finished watching Yorkvillian’s live periscope of the grotto on the NCL Escape. He has provided me with some escape so hopefully you will all get two weeks’ worth from me. I also loved following Nicksmom630 review from Brilliance of the Seas, so thanks to you for providing even more mental liberation. There are many great live and post cruise reviewers on the CC boards. For me to keep up to the likes of Radio, Trainman, Gambee, JohnGaltny, Cupcrazy, Sailor Jack, Yorkvillian, Nicksmom, Maureencruiser, TheDougout, Ckrobyn, PCWalton1, and KansCocoa (to name just a few of my favorites) it is a big task to take on but I will try.

Hard at work today. Really, I am today. It is a good thing I am my own boss!

849989f5-f767-408e-8e46-cb8623a5c178_zpsperdsnfo.jpg

Thanks for all the kind words and for following along. I see notifications of new followers on periscope too. For periscope I will try to talk loud enough for you to hear me, but not so loud that the people around me wonder about my mental status.

You are hilarious :D

Can totally understand what you mean about it's hard to sit down afterwards and do a review. so with a live one, it'll be realtime so always up to date.

Can't wait. Thanks again for taking us along. We'll be on Allure in 4 weeks and it helps keep the excitement up, and I love hearing about other's experiences.

So now we have direction and a destination so that pretty much wraps up my preamble. Tomorrow we drive to and fly from Detroit to FLL, so hurry and pack your imaginary bags. Below is my only luggage picture. I promise.

I did edit it to please the moderators. I’d hate for this review locked down before I even leave home. Hopefully, any fear of strangers has been squashed and you will tag along. Want to check it out? Join me, shall you?

8f03096b-d368-48ba-8178-2d2965764837_zpsiqz49rzq.jpg