Allure of the Seas Live March 13-27 -- High Tides and Great Vibes

For those that have asked my next cruise it will be on Harmony of the Seas, on November 12th, 2016. If you are looking forward to another cruise experience with me, you'd better start packing your imaginary bags in early November. It will be her first full Caribbean sailing when she arrives in Florida so there will be lots new features to see. Hopefully you will join us again.

I am already starting to day dream about that cruise. Lisa has the only white car in our house and I have already started to toy with the idea of painting the lower portion of her car and adding a few graphics, in honour of the Oasis Class. I'm not sure she'll like the idea, but I bet it will grow on her. [emoji12]

Thanks for cruising and following us. I will pick you up in November, if I don't help you escape to the Mediterranean before that.

Andrew

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It is unfortunate that is the middle of my high school football season or maybe I'd need something more than my "imaginary" luggage.

Andrew, I am very impressed that after two weeks you only gained a pound. That's incredible. Maybe it was all that energy you used doing the scopes?;)

That or all the flow riding.:D

Thank you so much' date=' Andrew, for this great experience along with you.

I look forward to your other scopes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

They won't be often but they should be fun.

Thanks for taking us all along for the ride! It was a blast! Till we meet again.........:):)

Thank-you for the kind words.

Thank you Very Much Andrew, everything was excellent, and who knows maybe I will see you "Live" in November...........

Cheers

Join us, shall you? :)

Thank you.

Your closing thoughts was a great way for me to wake upto today.

Stay safe, and continue to enjoy all you do.

Sea Ya

Thanks Sue. I'd like to think Lisa is just as happy waking up beside me everyday, as you were to read my closing thoughts.

Edit: I have no reason to why she wouldn't be. :D

Too bad you missed Mamma Mia. I've seen it on land many times (between NY and Toronto). It's such a fun musical. Even my 6 year old will be seeing it for the 3rd time on the ship. Neat how on the ship, the actors perform at multiple venues. Funny that you hear about their personal lives too...some gossip.

Thanks again for an amazing review. I never had periscope until your cruise, and now I'm addicted.

Amazing that you'll be going on the Harmony in the fall. Hope you'll periscope again.

We really wish we had seen it. We were on Allure right after her dry dock but previous to Mama Mia rolling out. We had it booked for both weeks this cruise thinking that Lisa might go one week and I the other week. However when 9pm rolled around either of us were too beat, and there is no way we could get Owen (8) to stay up that late.

Periscope can be additicting espically with that little whistle, it's like Pavlov's dog. Ring a bell, and I will salivate. As for this fall on Harmony I plan on being live with scopes, text and photos. I haven't hit full post-cruise sailing withdrawl yet, as this review wraps up it might start to set in. If I feel the urge to scope milk runs or the isles of the grocery store I better put down the device.

It is unfortunate that is the middle of my high school football season or maybe I'd need something more than my "imaginary" luggage.

That's too bad, but I figure we will sail together one day.

You might have another option. How about September 30, 2017 on Harmony of the Seas for a Western Caribbean sailing? For us it is right after hockey try outs and previous to the season being in full swing.

It isn't listed below on our upcoming sailings but it is booked. Yorkvillian and Maureencruiser are on board too. It should be a great event.

We really wish we had seen it. We were on Allure right after her dry dock but previous to Mama Mia rolling out. We had it booked for both weeks this cruise thinking that Lisa might go one week and I the other week. However when 9pm rolled around either of us were too beat, and there is no way we could get Owen (8) to stay up that late.

Periscope can be additicting espically with that little whistle, it's like Pavlov's dog. Ring a bell, and I will salivate. As for this fall on Harmony I plan on being live with scopes, text and photos. I haven't hit full post-cruise sailing withdrawl yet, as this review wraps up it might start to set in. If I feel the urge to scope milk runs or the isles of the grocery store I better put down the device.

Yeah...that's why we booked the 5pm timeslot (we have young ones too).

Love your sense of humor about the periscope. Yes, very addicting to watch, and must be the same as the creator... Lol.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

We usually call (954) 777-7777. There are one of the larger taxi companies. There is also another one such as 999-9999.

The shuttles are a pain because you typically have to stop at another terminal, on the way to where you embark. It cost more, and almost always takes more time than a taxi. Some people also use uber, but we never have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I thought you were playing an April Fools joke on me with those phone numbers, but then I realized it was a day too early. Lol!

Wait, you weren't, were you? Haha!

I thought you were playing an April Fools joke on me with those phone numbers, but then I realized it was a day too early. Lol!

No, I'm dead serious. I have their number programmed in my iPhone. They are called Yellow Cab, and you can guess what color their cars are.:)

No, I'm dead serious. I have their number programmed in my iPhone. They are called Yellow Cab, and you can guess what color their cars are.:)

Must be a Florida thing. Here in Jacksonville Fla,

one of the Cab's companies # is (904)222-2222

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CruisingKat71

Yeah...that's why we booked the 5pm timeslot (we have young ones too).

Love your sense of humor about the periscope. Yes, very addicting to watch, and must be the same as the creator... Lol.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Lisa didn't want to give up pool time, so our only option was the late show. Your plan stands a much better chance of coming to fruition. :)

That is so funny! I knew you wouldn't steer us wrong. You have been such a great help here. But, I knew you also like to joke around, so when I first read your reply I wondered if you might be kidding. Thanks so much for the info..

Liked the West Jet commercial by the way!

That is so funny! I knew you wouldn't steer us wrong. You have been such a great help here. But, I knew you also like to joke around, so when I first read your reply I wondered if you might be kidding. Thanks so much for the info..

Liked the West Jet commercial by the way!

100% correct! I do like to joke around.

Unfortunately Owen is now over the weight restrictions for Kargo Kids, but it sounds like a wonderful program... "They will be fed by in the cargo hold by an automated feed trough".

It's the right phone number, I've used it several times myself.

Cheers and Thanks Andrew!

649a039f8a030e9fd32f9b119ad58b47.jpg

Thank you very much. Do you do home delivery? We are expected to get 15cms of snow today/tonight. For our friends south of the boarder that is around 6 inches.

I guess winter didn't like my break up with them, and they want back in my life. She's that crazy type of ex that keeps coming back every year to give out more suffering and she doesn't get that I am over her. Someone que up Taylor Swift as "we are never getting back together".

For those looking for the compasses I have posted them on two separated dedicated threads.

Eastern Compasses

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2335859

Western Compasses

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2335818

Appreciate you posting the compasses very useful. All your posts and periscopes I totally enjoyed. I am going to be on Oasis in Sept for the 2nd time. Can't wait. Just a, quick question the pre-cruise hotel you stayed at seems pretty good would you recommend this? Thanks again !!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Appreciate you posting the compasses very useful. All your posts and periscopes I totally enjoyed. I am going to be on Oasis in Sept for the 2nd time. Can't wait. Just a, quick question the pre-cruise hotel you stayed at seems pretty good would you recommend this? Thanks again !!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Yes I'd recommend it. It has become our go to hotel in FLL. The Hyatt Convention Centre off of 17st is the hotel.

http://ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Yes I'd recommend it. It has become our go to hotel in FLL. The Hyatt Convention Centre off of 17st is the hotel.

http://ftlauderdaleconventioncenter.place.hyatt.com/en/hotel/home.html

Thank you very much I will be booking it . From what I see you recommend not taking the shuttle but rather a taxi correct? I kinda would Iike to get to the terminal fast. Lol !

Thank you very much I will be booking it. From what I see you recommend not taking the shuttle but rather a taxi correct? I kinda would I like to get to the terminal fast. Lol !

Yes, taxi is the way. It is always cheaper and faster even with the wait for one.

We have concluded that this trip had been a trip of WOWS. You already know about our cabin stewards and how great they were. You read previously about Owen's experiences at Giovanni's as well at Chops.

that night we got a call from the same manager and said that he would charge us for 4 and the 5th was free. What a nice surprise. If we needed anything more he insisted we were

Yes we did we have a few mini bumps (not even a real problems) along the way, but nothing that was going to stop our fun. Sure, we had a miss ordered burger at JR and some very cold fries but we didn't say anything about it. That being said, with both suppers we had there, they waived Owen's meal fee and made him a milk shake as well. When they knew I was at advanced flow riding in the morning, they would send a breakfast sandwich up for me, without even being asked for one.

One of the more controversial discussion points of our two weeks comes down to children load count. I love kids, I love well behaved kids even more. Where are the parenting skills today? The kids the first week were very well behaved, maybe because many were Canadian? I doubt the extra 300 kids the second week were all the bad behaving ones, but whatever the case there sure was a difference as week two had 1,900 kids under the age of 16 and even more between 17-21.

Some examples of behaviour that week were teens sitting on the floor in the elevator riding it, golf clubs and balls simply dropped anywhere and left there, rocks on the links beat with golf clubs to the point that the finish was destroyed to the base material of the faux stone, and broken golf clubs. Big tip of the cruise, if you don't like kids don't cruise during March break. We have cruised 2 times over July 4th and during heavy quinceañeras parties and our second week beat them for crazy vibes. We were told that there were going to be even more kids on board this week. Amazingly though, we never did have all the elevator buttons pushed and the worse thing we experienced was being crop dusted in the elevator by an adult.

We just booked Allure for next year's spring break and I'm really worried about this. Our kids are 15 and 13, and that's when they have time off school...but this cruise costs a small fortune and I hate to think the atmosphere will be like that.

I might reconsider, do a different week, and pull them out of school a couple of days and go in Jan or Feb instead.

Thanks for the review Andrew, it was great to follow along!

We just booked Allure for next year's spring break and I'm really worried about this. Our kids are 15 and 13, and that's when they have time off school...but this cruise costs a small fortune and I hate to think the atmosphere will be like that.

I might reconsider, do a different week, and pull them out of school a couple of days and go in Jan or Feb instead.

Thanks for the review Andrew, it was great to follow along!

That being said any cruise line that allows kids will be inundated with them in March. January and February often have South American cruisers on the Oasis Class ships which being about a different type of personality. They also don't show up at the pool until noon.;) It is also much cheaper compared to March.

Thanks for joining us.

Edited by A&L_Ont

Thank you very much. Do you do home delivery? We are expected to get 15cms of snow today/tonight. For our friends south of the boarder that is around 6 inches.

I guess winter didn't like my break up with them, and they want back in my life. She's that crazy type of ex that keeps coming back every year to give out more suffering and she doesn't get that I am over her. Someone que up Taylor Swift as "we are never getting back together".

This morning on the news they said southern New England Is going to get a "few" inches on Monday. And I find myself sitting there thinking to myself... What the ...... is their definition of "few"?:mad::mad::mad:

This morning on the news they said southern New England Is going to get a "few" inches on Monday. And I find myself sitting there thinking to myself... What the ...... is their definition of "few"?:mad::mad::mad:

The weather people must have taken their promotion classes from the RC "sales" Team ;)