Just back from Constellation, video

LovetheSea

The Constellation looks great as always.

I thank you for your video.

I did the same 5 day cruise a couple of years ago.

Love Key West and Cozumel

Will be back on the Constellation this summer in Europe!!!!

Is there any chance you took a picture of the Bistro menu? Also, did you feel the Oceanliners restaurant was worth the upcharge? On the video, your meal seemed a bit underwhelming. Thank you.

Marie

My wife and I thought the Oceanliners was worth every penny. The food and service couldn't be beat. The portions may seem small but it's 5 courses and you don't walk away hungry.

The Tuscan Grill on the other hand was not worth it. We booked it for the first night after we were on board for a discount of $32 pp and it was still not worth it. It is touted as an upscale steak house but you can get a better steak at Outback for half the price. They did have some good Italian wines though.

My wife and I thought the Oceanliners was worth every penny. The food and service couldn't be beat. The portions may seem small but it's 5 courses and you don't walk away hungry.

The Tuscan Grill on the other hand was not worth it. We booked it for the first night after we were on board for a discount of $32 pp and it was still not worth it. It is touted as an upscale steak house but you can get a better steak at Outback for half the price. They did have some good Italian wines though.

Thank you for your feedback. I did not realize it was a 5 course meal. What did you order? Great service is very important to me so I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience.

Marie

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Thank you for your feedback. I did not realize it was a 5 course meal. What did you order? Great service is very important to me so I am happy to hear you had a wonderful experience.

Marie

We went twice and were able to try several things. The smoked salmon and peeky toe crab parfait was my favorite thing all week. Ate it twice. The pork belly and goat cheese souffle were also good for appetizers. The venison was so-so. The duck and veal were outstanding. The amuse bouche (?) were different every day and I don't know if the cheeses are the same from sailing to sailing and ship to ship or not but they had a very good blue cheese and a soft double cream cheese that I forgot the name of. And just like with the Tuscan we thought the Italian wines were the best on the list, even over the French.

We went twice and were able to try several things. The smoked salmon and peeky toe crab parfait was my favorite thing all week. Ate it twice. The pork belly and goat cheese souffle were also good for appetizers. The venison was so-so. The duck and veal were outstanding. The amuse bouche (?) were different every day and I don't know if the cheeses are the same from sailing to sailing and ship to ship or not but they had a very good blue cheese and a soft double cream cheese that I forgot the name of. And just like with the Tuscan we thought the Italian wines were the best on the list, even over the French.

Sounds fabulous! We are really looking forward to our 13 nights on the Constellation next month.

FlorenceItaly... We didn't get a Bistro on Five menu. Not really too excited about what we ordered. I got a salad and a beef crepe. My husband had a dessert crepe. Can't remember what his main dish was. I wouldn't go back. Better food in the main dining room for lunch.

I wasn't crazy about Oceanliners. It was nice. It didn't help that the ship was rocking and rolling that night. I felt slightly queasy and had a headache. So I was feeling extra picky with the food. The Chateaubriand for two was very good. Tender. Chocolate Souffle was good. Didn't care for the Mushroom Risotto. I usually love that. I would say, if you haven't eaten in Oceanliners before. It is worth a try. Just for the experience.

The main dining room had good food. Didn't get anything I didn't like. We had a great wait staff and it was always cooked just right and came hot.

Edited by LovetheSea