My Booked Cruise Has Disappeared

VivianK

The Equinox 4th Sept Barcelona to Rome is available to book on the .co.uk site although it is 12 nights not 10. Hope this helps.

Thanks for that, but I was looking at the 9 night on 28th August which seems to have disappeared :confused:. X, having altered the August Equinox sailing over the last few years, has made me think twice about booking any cruises in August on that ship unless it's closer to sailing date. I should have remembered from last year that Atlantis more or less make it an annual charter around this time.

Edited by villauk

Was booked on Infinity 10 night sailing Oct 17, 2016. Booked this cruise January 2015. Was checking Celebrity site for possible fare changes. Could not find cruise. Contacted TA. Not much info from Celebrity about the missing cruise. Long story short, that sailing was Sold as Charter. Was able to move booking to another sailing.

Was upset with Celebrity for not being honest/ upfront about the missing cruise. Was told several times that Celebrity site was under going "Inventory Maintenance" and to be patience.

Guess this happens a lot since money speaks.

Edited by texkan

We booked this cruise, and the follow up from Barcelona to Rome, while on the Infinity just over a week ago. We booked it onboard to take advantage of the OBC offer on the sailing we just got off of. We transferred the booking to our TA stateside and received an extra OBC. I just got off the phone with the them regarding a couple of questions I had, and nothing was said about the ship being chartered or off-line?

I just checked Celebrity's website and our TA's website this morning to see if our Sept 4, 2017 sailing shows up. It doesn't even show up on Celebrity's site and on our TA's, it says to contact them. As I said, we booked this on board about 10 days ago and took the non-refundable deposit offer to take advantage of applying the offered OBC to the cruise we were just on. This is part of a back to back that continues on from Barcelona to Rome for us. Going to have to make some calls today.

I just checked Celebrity's website and our TA's website this morning to see if our Sept 4, 2017 sailing shows up. It doesn't even show up on Celebrity's site and on our TA's, it says to contact them. As I said, we booked this on board about 10 days ago and took the non-refundable deposit offer to take advantage of applying the offered OBC to the cruise we were just on. This is part of a back to back that continues on from Barcelona to Rome for us. Going to have to make some calls today.

I've gotten "inventory maintenance", possible charter, contract negotiations with large group and I was also told to be patient. I hope you get some other answer!! Please let me know, thanks.

We were told the same things as you were. Our TA even talked to Celebrity this morning after we left her a message to see what she could find out, and it didn't clarify anything. What bothers me is that if it ends up as a Charter or as a group cruise that we don't want to sail on and we ultimately cancel rather than transfer it, we lose our down payment because we took the option of applying it to the cruise we were on when we booked. That just doesn't seem fair to me.

Absolutely not fair and dishonest. I would greatly appreciate a yes or no instead of "be patient". I'm not sure I understand you losing your down payment. Did they give you OBC which you used on your last cruise and now you're paying it back with the deposit on this cruise?

If we choose another cruise, we can move our insurance, but dates of other Western Med. cruises interfere with other plans or holidays. This is such a great and unique itinerary so I'll give it another month.

Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

Absolutely not fair and dishonest. I would greatly appreciate a yes or no instead of "be patient". I'm not sure I understand you losing your down payment. Did they give you OBC which you used on your last cruise and now you're paying it back with the deposit on this cruise?

If we choose another cruise, we can move our insurance, but dates of other Western Med. cruises interfere with other plans or holidays. This is such a great and unique itinerary so I'll give it another month.

Let me know what you find out and I'll do the same.

#1, the back to back itineraries we booked with the 10 day 9/4/17 starting in Amsterdam sailing and the 8 day 9/14 sailing starting in Barcelona were as unique as we have ever seen in the Mediterranean and were actually replacements for 2 back to back Eastern Mediterranean itineraries a month later that included 3 days in Israel that we decided we didn't want to risk.

#2, we were allowed to use the OBC's on the cruise we just completed to equal our deposits for the 2 upcoming cruises. But, the caveat is that if we used them on this past cruise, they become non-refundable if we canceled the booked cruises. I can understand that IF we cancelled due to our own choosing for whatever reason, but I can't understand how they should not be refundable IF CELEBRITY changed the conditions of the cruises we booked to make them undesirable.

As it is, we, too, are going to remain patient, but it sure does temper the enthusiasm we had for these upcoming cruises until we read what you had discovered.

Edited by clojacks

#1, the back to back itineraries we booked with the 10 day 9/4/17 starting in Amsterdam sailing and the 8 day 9/14 sailing starting in Barcelona were as unique as we have ever seen in the Mediterranean and were actually replacements for 2 back to back Eastern Mediterranean itineraries a month later that included 3 days in Israel that we decided we didn't want to risk.

#2, we were allowed to use the OBC's on the cruise we just completed to equal our deposits for the 2 upcoming cruises. But, the caveat is that if we used them on this past cruise, they become non-refundable if we canceled the booked cruises. I can understand that IF we cancelled due to our own choosing for whatever reason, but I can't understand how they should not be refundable IF CELEBRITY changed the conditions of the cruises we booked to make them undesirable.

As it is, we, too, are going to remain patient, but it sure does temper the enthusiasm we had for these upcoming cruises until we read what you had discovered.

If you want to start looking at Plan B check out Vision of the Seas. Very nice itinerary still in September out of Copenhagen.

Edited by Cruise Junky

You're right cruise junkie, that's an excellent itinerary. Vision of the seas has really small cabins compared to celebrity's s class ships. I haven't been on rccl since 1980. How does it compare? I know it sometimes has rock climbing etc. but how about dinning entertainment etc. thanks for your ideas.

You're right cruise junkie, that's an excellent itinerary. Vision of the seas has really small cabins compared to celebrity's s class ships. I haven't been on rccl since 1980. How does it compare? I know it sometimes has rock climbing etc. but how about dinning entertainment etc. thanks for your ideas.

I haven't been on them in years so I'm no help. I did notice that Jr suites are only slightly higher than balcony cabins right now.

I haven't been on them in years so I'm no help. I did notice that Jr suites are only slightly higher than balcony cabins right now.

Funny, I just got in front of my computer and saw that as well. Reviews aren't stellar, but thank you for the suggestion.

Also, I found out that Celebrity is continuing to let our TA sell the group booking that they have. Which is kind of odd if they were looking to do something with the ship as a Charter or large Group Booking. I would think the fewer passengers you anger, the better it is for Celebrity? Am I maybe giving Celebrity more credit than they deserve?

Maybe they figure once someone books it is easy to get them to switch to another. They're already hyped and disappointed! I really liked the itinerary on Vision of the Seas(Thank you Cruise Junkie) but not the ship. We really love the S class ships on Celebrity and lots of the Princess ships as well. I even called a friend who knows someone high up in RCCL, but unfortunately they've lost touch. Will you go on the second leg of your trip?

Also, I found out that Celebrity is continuing to let our TA sell the group booking that they have. Which is kind of odd if they were looking to do something with the ship as a Charter or large Group Booking. I would think the fewer passengers you anger, the better it is for Celebrity? Am I maybe giving Celebrity more credit than they deserve?

Last year when they were sorting the Atlantis charter on Equinox, X were still taking reservations in the US but were refusing in the UK. Possibly because the UK deposits are non refundable and it would have caused them more of an issue than those that had booked in the States. Just wanting to point out, from past experience, it doesn't seem to matter and they will continue to accept deposits whether a charter is in the pipeline or not ;).

I'd definitely have a Plan B.

Vivian,

Only my opinion, but Vision class ships are our least favourite of Royal's offerings. Now if it was a Radiance class ship, I'd be saying to definitely consider the alternative itinerary in your back up plan.

Villauk, thank you for the information. Can you see this cruise as available on a uk site?

9/4/17-Silhouette Western Med. from Amsterdam

If they are not accepting reservations on a UK site (according to past experience) I guess it's fairly conclusive that it's chartered and their waiting for the contract to be executed.

Villauk, thank you for the information. Can you see this cruise as available on a uk site?

9/4/17-Silhouette Western Med. from Amsterdam

If they are not accepting reservations on a UK site (according to past experience) I guess it's fairly conclusive that it's chartered and their waiting for the contract to be executed.

Your sailing is not showing on the UK listing for Silhouette. There are only 2 cruises in September 2017 being offered, the first being an eight night Med on 14th September 2017. The cruise also has a strike through the date on a very well known site that many CCs use to watch price drops (I can't name the site due to CC rules). Not saying it's a definite charter, but something is happening with that sailing as there is no way that it's sold out this far in advance (especially with the current 'soft' sales on European sailings ;)).

Maybe they figure once someone books it is easy to get them to switch to another. They're already hyped and disappointed! I really liked the itinerary on Vision of the Seas(Thank you Cruise Junkie) but not the ship. We really love the S class ships on Celebrity and lots of the Princess ships as well. I even called a friend who knows someone high up in RCCL, but unfortunately they've lost touch. Will you go on the second leg of your trip?

I highly doubt it. For us, it makes sense that if we are going to fly to Europe from the middle of the US, to try to find attractive back to back itineraries. Which this was 10 days ago, WHEN WE BOOKED IT ON BOARD, with Celebrities own Future Cruise Staff. I think that angers me even more...that they were selling this cruise on board!

I'm curious if it is unusual for a 10 day cruise to be taken out of inventory for either a charter or group booking. Particularly one accommodating almost 3000 guests?

Many threads on CC year after year quoting charters etc. Do a search and you will see. There is currently one running referring to Summit sailings http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2278370 for Feb 2017, as well as the example I posted (#3) on page 1 of this thread.

I was actually looking at Equinox for August 2017 and noticed a couple of those sailings have also disappeared. I suddenly remembered it was the same last year, which is why I'm presuming, rightly or wrongly, that it could be an Atlantis charter. It seems to be a regular annual booking for them during August on Equinox ;).

The Insurance company said I could switch and they will carry over the fee.

I did, however speak to someone at X who said they were doing "Inventory Maintenance" and it should be back up very soon. I'm going to give it a few weeks because I loved the itinerary and then jump ship. I appreciate all the input!

What is "Inventory Maintenance"?

Sounds like a bunch of double talk.

What if you've secured air already?