Cruise Suprise

racing96

I want to send a friends daughter on a scavenger hunt to find out we are going on a cruise. Anyone have any suggestions.

Welcome to cruise critic,:D

Is the friend's daughter going on the cruise with you or are you just wanting to rub 'It' in.? :p

Hello all, I would like to do the scavenger hunt around the house and yard. Its going to be a surprise for her birthday in April. Her parents are going, so we all want to surprise her.

I am looking for clues to give her and then she can search for letters which will then spell out at the end "were going on a cruise"

How about a scavenger hunt where she picks up items/things she'll need when onboard the cruise, with the last item being her picture photoshopped so it looks like she is someone relaxing on a cruise ship?

Items could be suntan lotion, bathing suit, sun glasses, seasick wrist bands (or similar), a drink with a little umbrella sticking out of it plus anything else you normally associate with cruises. The possibilities are endless.

Well you kind of answered it yourself plus add items. You could do an early Easter egg hunt. Maybe each egg would have a letter or two combined to spell out what you want "you're going on a cruise" then add items as well to take on the cruise. The letters will tell her along with the items... Beach towel... Sunscreen... Etc... So with the large items she'll figure out the beach, but along with the letters after she puts the

Puzzle of letters together! Remember how many eggs u put out so u know she has the whole puzzle!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We did treasure hunts for Valentine's Day for my kids for many years. We always tailored the clues to the individual, and how hard they were depended upon their ages. I think that you or her parents will be the best ones to write the clues, knowing her. Some of the places the kids had to figure out (to get the next clue) were the dog [under her collar], the freezer, the pool table, a favorite book....

She I going to be 12 on the 9th.

I am just looking for simple clues. What did you use for clues for her to get to the next clue?

Not sure if you want written clues or "thing" clues. If it is things, here is my take:

For Christmas I gave my grand kids their carry on with things inside. Some of them were life savers sprinkled throughout. Swimming goggles and nose plugs for the pool. A binder showing the cruise itinerary and what to do in the various ports I made a car magnet for the door. An underwater camera as well. I used the free drink glass and a tote bag. I also made up a pretend room card and put it in a folder. A landyard to hold her room key.

You could take these type of items and hide them around the house. Like the magnet on the fridge, the underwater camera in the kitchen sink or bathtub. Maybe a new bathing suit and thongs.

Your clues could also include items from the brochure like a picture of the ship (just happens to be lying around), an airplane if you are flying and a copy of the deck plan with your cabin highlighted.

I want to send a friends daughter on a scavenger hunt to find out we are going on a cruise. Anyone have any suggestions.

These is a thread on the "Australian and New Zealand Cruisers" forum about someone who did this for their partner, may give you some ideas.

clues:

• floating cheerio with a toothpick man inside
  • items representing the cruise line (picture of a carnival, palm tree with a crown etc)
  • hide a towel animal as a clue (the kind you find in your room)
  • on the day of the scavenger hunt set up a buffet
  • a print out of Tom Cruise's IMDB page :D

I am just looking for simple clues. What did you use for clues for her to get to the next clue?

Have you 'googled' easter egg hunt clues? You could probably modify them to not include 'eggs'. I did something similar one year for Disney. The last clue was a stuffed Disney character with a message announcing the trip.

Have you 'googled' easter egg hunt clues? You could probably modify them to not include 'eggs'. I did something similar one year for Disney. The last clue was a stuffed Disney character with a message announcing the trip.

OK, I just found an old clue in the kitchen "junk drawer" - it's the final clue that led to the prize (valentine chocolate heart), just to give you a sense of what we did:

You have searched far and near

Now your treat will appear

In the place we keep the tomes

Of Potter, but not of Sherlock Holmes.

That directed her to a specific bookcase, and there was the treat.

I found another one, but I can't remember what it means! ("It may be winter out there but it looks like fall in here")

And just found another: "Boldly go where one girl has gone before...You are likely to find one clue more!" This probably led her to some Star Trek paraphenalia.

I miss those days! Making the clues was part of the fun; watching my kids figure them out was the rest of it. The "prizes" were crummy inexpensive chocolate candy, but no-one minded.

Hi - what a creative idea. I just googled the phrase scavenger hunt clues and these are some of the results:

http://www.scavenger-hunt-fun.com/scavenger-hunt-clues.html

https://treasurehuntdesign.com/host-your-own/just-for-fun/treasure-hunt-clue-ideas/

https://treasurehuntdesign.com/host-your-own/just-for-fun/treasure-hunt-riddles/

Good luck and have fun.