Adventure to Hana on RC or Celebrity

CRUISEBOY305

Has anybody done the 'Adventure to Hana' excursion through RC or Celebirty?

If so, what stops do you make? How big is the bus/van? How many people?

The website doesn't give much detail about this excursion.

I usually do private tours and excursions however I some OBC to use and thought this would be of great use.

TYIA :D

Has anybody done the 'Adventure to Hana' excursion through RC or Celebirty?

If so, what stops do you make? How big is the bus/van? How many people?

The website doesn't give much detail about this excursion.

I usually do private tours and excursions however I some OBC to use and thought this would be of great use.

TYIA :D

If you haven't researched the time factor involved, do know that it will take you a good three hours to get from Lahaina to Hana if you just drive straight through (but why go without stopping to look at the scenery?). Add several hours for stops along the way and then three hours back to the ship. It makes for a very l-o-n-g day. The idea is fine IF you want to devote your whole first day on Maui to this.

Yes, I did this excursion a couple of years ago on a Celebrity Cruise. As a previous poster indicated, it does make for a very long day with much of the time being spent driving. There were multiple scenic/waterfall stops along the way as well as a lunch stop and bathroom breaks. Our tour operator used a mini-bus that carried 20 or so passengers. Overall, the ride wasn't very comfortable - especially towards the end when it was a very bumpy ride driving over the unpaved portion of the road. Not sure I would do it again as part of a tour, but would consider driving it on my own.

Yes, I did this excursion a couple of years ago on a Celebrity Cruise. As a previous poster indicated, it does make for a very long day with much of the time being spent driving. There were multiple scenic/waterfall stops along the way as well as a lunch stop and bathroom breaks. Our tour operator used a mini-bus that carried 20 or so passengers. Overall, the ride wasn't very comfortable - especially towards the end when it was a very bumpy ride driving over the unpaved portion of the road. Not sure I would do it again as part of a tour, but would consider driving it on my own.

thanks for sharing your experience :D

Did you stop at the Lava Tube? or the black sand beach (Pa'iloa Beach?) ?

Edited by CRUISEBOY305